• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet question

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So I have a question. I am still newer to pets and what not but my question is this, when I use pincos ui in enchanted client it has a pet rating thing on it. I lore a pet and then select the type of pet it is. At the bottom it gives me a rating. I found I have 2 cu’s that show up very high on this rating. One shows up at 4.9/5.0 and the other shows up 5.0/5.0 I have had these pets in the stable a while and never looked at them like this before.
So I guess my question is this... is that rating that shows up make it so my pet as a 5.0/5.0 a great pet for hunting? It’s a pink one but the colors don’t mean to much to me. I have been rolling a mystic/SW/mage for a while now but want to train my pets again. I haven’t given them any powerscolls (that I can remember) and their skills are fully trained with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, I believe the pet rating is outdated with the release of the newer pet training abilities. From what I've read, 2 slot Cu are the latest flavor of the month and they're soon to be nerfed (if you can believe what Dev's have said - I'm not holding my breath). I've been told Cu's are the best all around pets currently (I have none). All pets can be trained up with the new system to be insanely overpowered in PvM yet all seem to be worthless is PvP.

I'm sure your pets are very good indeed but the new training system allows for max resists, max stats, and insanely high regenerations along with 120 is over half a dozen skills. I'd suggest reading up on the newest pet training system and try the newest taming options on few disposable pets to get the hang of it. It can be incredibly confusing at the start. Good luck !

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep and Ive seen them being sold for 50 M a pop. Unfortunately the buyers that bit into this trap are about to be very upset when they are discovered and gimped with the upcoming update!
Yep. FYI, somebody was trying to sell an obviously exploited cu in traders hall earlier. LOL

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Okay thanks for explaining that. I was really wondering when and if they were still worth training and if not getting new pets :)
Most of the time I read up on the new taming I get lost and confused to be honest. I would like to learn it but haven’t done it in so long I don’t even remember how to tame stuff :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
FYI the Pet Power Rating is still good on 5 slot pets like GD's and such... and sometimes it's good to see you got a pet that has top stats so that you know it'll cost you less points in the long run to train up.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time I read up on the new taming I get lost and confused to be honest.
I hear ya man. I still feel lost sometimes. Most of the valuable info on pets and training I've gotten from friends in game.

FYI the Pet Power Rating is still good on 5 slot pets like GD's and such...
Good info here. I forgot that 5 slot pets like GD's you can't really train up. Sadly, that's why they've become obsolete.
As for the 2 slot Cu's... yes, we know they're from an exploit. You guys have an entire thread on that already.
The guy is asking for help/advice. Please keep the exploit complaints to your thread and offer something constructive here. :)

* I don't and never have used nor excused exploits. I've also seen how many times Dev's said they'd fix a problem & waits months or years *

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think the taming posts here are priceless..Just read the posts paying special attention to the LAST or more recent posts as the taming system has changed thanks to nerfing/changing things by the devs many times, to try to tweek the new system. Reading the posts here and searching for info in this forum will save you many hours of wasted taming, trashing valuable pets and much more. In short it is worth the reading. Particularly posts by Donovon Khaelor, and others in the taming forum.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes I have been reading s bunch but sometimes I get more confused