• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer hunting and luck..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is luck making a real difference in loot with tamer? Does honoring help bump up luck for the encounter like for Samurais? I use luck 200 or so on gear on swoop, and compare to luck 1600 or so on same monster : No real difference in gold or intensity of loot.
What I do is after boss dies, I equip swords of prosp. to open corpse, for the 200 luck bonus. Is this the right way to do? Or is luck predetermined and wearing the swords to open the loot makes no difference?
Also is there a CC macro to quick unequip shield and book and equip the swords in CC?
Is there any number of luck that makes a real difference? I heard 1100 luck is "sweet spot" but thats from an old post. What level o f luck works? 1100? 2000, 3000? etc, nowdays? Or its just a gimick?
Does luck work with some bosses not with others?
Ty for info..

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use max luck. Loot is crappy as it is, without luck it's worse.
I've experimented with luck a bit, quite a while ago. Started with base luck craftable, and replaced lower luck pieces with higher luck loot pieces as they dropped. Theoretically there is a sweet spot, at least in our heads, would depend on what you're looking for.
Otherwise, switch to max luck gear right before the mob drops. Open corpse, then switch to battle gear. Supposed to do luck check as it dies, from what i understand.
Would love to keep luck on at all times during battle, but that slows down kill time.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I use max luck. Loot is crappy as it is, without luck it's worse.
I've experimented with luck a bit, quite a while ago. Started with base luck craftable, and replaced lower luck pieces with higher luck loot pieces as they dropped. Theoretically there is a sweet spot, at least in our heads, would depend on what you're looking for.
Otherwise, switch to max luck gear right before the mob drops. Open corpse, then switch to battle gear. Supposed to do luck check as it dies, from what i understand.
Would love to keep luck on at all times during battle, but that slows down kill time.
Ty for info Whitesmith..