• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Skills Pre and Post Tame

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the skill(s) loss is on a pet, after you tame it?

What skills go down when you tame a pet?

What percentage are they dropped?

For example if I wanted to tame a rune beetle with pre-tame poisoning of 122... What would poisoning drop to after taming?

Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cus and Hiryus have their HP and Str cut in half when you tame them. I think pets keep poisoning at that skill level.

Some pets lose some % of other skills like Int. when tamed. Also some lose their overcapped wrestling etc.
It varies by pet type.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the skill(s) loss is on a pet, after you tame it?

What skills go down when you tame a pet?

What percentage are they dropped?

For example if I wanted to tame a rune beetle with pre-tame poisoning of 122... What would poisoning drop to after taming?

Thanks!
Following list goes for skills that can exceed GM values primarily. "Normal" skills may also drop through taming but can usually be retrained to GM level (100.0).

100% = wild (pre tame) skill => skill drops: by % / to post taming % / cap - max retrainable (pre usage of power scrolls):

- rune beetle: 10% / 90% / poison & eval intel are at CAP post tame - "normal" skills (skill) cap at GM
- greater dragon: 28% / 72% / 90%, magery is at CAP post tame, wrestling / tactics / resisting spells train back to 90% wild, "normal" skills cap at GM
- frost dragon: 28% / 72% / 90%, magery is at CAP post tame, wrestling / tactics / resisting spells train back to 90% wild, "normal" skills cap at GM
- dragon turtle hatchling: 55% / 45% / 90%, magery is at CAP post tame, wrestling / tactics / resisting spells train back to 90% wild, "normal" skills cap at GM
- cold drake: 10% / 90% / wrestling and tactics are at cap post tame
- hiryu / lesser hiryu: 10% / 90% / wrestling & parry are at CAP post tame; max post tame / pre power scroll usage wrestling = 108.0 (120.0 wild)
- cu sidhe: 28% (13.9% healing) / 72% (86.1% healing) / GM
- reptalon: 32.5% / 67.5% / 90%, wrestling & parry are at CAP post tame; max post tame / pre power scroll usage wrestling = 108.0 (120.0 wild)