• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Build to duo with Sampire?

Fenbay

Adventurer
My son just turned 9, and I have an archer ready for him once SA goes live (never added it to his account so we're waiting on EJ so he can wear the suit, but skills are done)....

He likes the idea of tamers, and I like the power of tamers with all the new changes.

Wondering if anyone had suggestions on a tamer build that wouldn't be terribly complicated for a kid to run and would complement a samphire for doing spawns etc?

Thanks!

IGF

Visitor
Necro tamer would probably be good, running with a fire beetle with RC and AI. Depending on the suit though, if you can put together a high mana regen suit you could go...
115 tame/lore
110 Magery
110 necro
120 SS
And you could go two ways with the rest or use a soul stone to tailor to the situation.
Either Spellweaving depending on the suit or meditation if you can’t get high mana regen on your suit.
This would be good for corpse skin to drop resists of targets fire. The rune corruption drops it more. The drops help you out.
The fire beetle has good damage output and you can put on wraith form and wither for spawns.
You could also do disco and music instead of necro/ss but then has less overall offense and is almost purely support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Necro idea is good.

Mine is easy. I just heal the pet and do a few spells on this toon. Use weaving for WoD at the end.

He can also cast magery spells since there is some eval. Chain Lightning or meteor swarm work for the small stuff.

Need the Taming Primer 3.

upload_2018-3-4_21-37-50.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not sure if this is a good game for a 9 year old..Very addictive, and lots of sex and pervert inuendo on chat, not your typical family situation. Also : extremely highly addictive and graphic violence of sorts. Also there may be a warning on logon "17 and over?" not sure. Just a word of caution thats all. The 9 year old needs to focus on his homework and activities with other kids rather than build toons in this game. Also some of the people he will meet here maybe of questionable level of safety to talk to someone's child...If you can sometimes read between the lines in chat..

Fenbay

Adventurer
Not sure if this is a good game for a 9 year old..Very addictive, and lots of sex and pervert inuendo on chat, not your typical family situation. Also : extremely highly addictive and graphic violence of sorts. Also there may be a warning on logon "17 and over?" not sure. Just a word of caution thats all. The 9 year old needs to focus on his homework and activities with other kids rather than build toons in this game. Also some of the people he will meet here maybe of questionable level of safety to talk to someone's child...If you can sometimes read between the lines in chat..
I didn't ask for any parenting advice in the UO Tamer section, but thanks for your concern.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Maybe sticking with something simple to start with would be better. Like the classic mage tamer. You can always change it up later.
While I have yet to try one of the beetles myself. They seem to do well from what I’ve seen. So either the giant beetle or the fire beetle. Are you going to train the pet for your son? If not, then maybe don’t use the beetles and go with a bushido or chiv hiryu or a cu (any flavor).

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I like bard tamers with beetles. My bard tamer runs 110 animal taming, 110 lore, 120 discord, 120 music, 110 magery (+30 from gear), 120 peacemaking, 100 meditation (+40 from gear). Discord + beetle + onslaught would wreck any monster's resist. Bard mastery perseverance will significantly improve a sampire's ability to tank almost anything.

The only downside is that this style of tamer is more of a support. Plus side is that it is very easy to play lol.

This isn't ideal for spawns though. It's ideal for Peerless/Roof style stuff. For spawns, you need a more self sufficient tamer so maybe go with the necro tamer.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So glad to see people playing games with their loved ones. I play games with my nephew all the time, but I couldn't get him into something like UO. As a gamer, one does tend to get inundated by chat and the opinions of others, whether its in a game or in other areas of interaction.

Thank goodness for those ignore buttons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My son played for a short time at that age. We were on at the same time and played by ourselves. I had his filters on and he was not in a chat channel. That's why I have 2 accounts. Cant get him to play now at all.

He is at Rice now. Games did not harm his brain.

I would be more concerned about console games that have voice chat.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My son played for a short time at that age. We were on at the same time and played by ourselves. I had his filters on and he was not in a chat channel. That's why I have 2 accounts. Cant get him to play now at all.

He is at Rice now. Games did not harm his brain.

I would be more concerned about console games that have voice chat.
You are right.. Your son is in Ivy League university because he did not become addicted to video games. But there are many other kids that become so addicted to video games that become oblivious to school. classes, and real life items they need to learn. A young child has so much to learn about the world that is staggering by itself..There are signs and symptoms of video game addiction in kids. One of them can be failing or sub-par grades is an otherwise brilliant child. UO or other "adult" MMO can be so immersive and intense that can potentially hard wire a child or young teenager for failure at school and academically later.
There is one ton of recent literature on line about this. I just think that as parents we just got to be a little careful what we expose our kids to. Not every kid gets addicted but enough do, and most frequently parents are not too aware or even concerned. Some of the books are free and on the web, and they have real life examples. Just the addictive nature of these games.
The stranger danger is another issue of course, and the "adult chat" in game not to be discounted as a little too much information, too early in life..
Im just saying that the kids rely on us for judgement and guidance, and we ought to do the right thing for them..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are right.. Your son is in Ivy League university because he did not become addicted to video games. But there are many other kids that become so addicted to video games that become oblivious to school. classes, and real life items they need to learn. A young child has so much to learn about the world that is staggering by itself..There are signs and symptoms of video game addiction in kids. One of them can be failing or sub-par grades is an otherwise brilliant child. UO or other "adult" MMO can be so immersive and intense that can potentially hard wire a child or young teenager for failure at school and academically later.
There is one ton of recent literature on line about this. I just think that as parents we just got to be a little careful what we expose our kids to. Not every kid gets addicted but enough do, and most frequently parents are not too aware or even concerned. Some of the books are free and on the web, and they have real life examples. Just the addictive nature of these games.
The stranger danger is another issue of course, and the "adult chat" in game not to be discounted as a little too much information, too early in life..
Im just saying that the kids rely on us for judgement and guidance, and we ought to do the right thing for them..
I sure will not argue about guidance and child rearing. I am sure there are bad stories about Kids and Adults addicted to gaming.

I never let either child have a PC in their room.

A computer or console is not a good babysitter.