• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter #24

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually LOL'd at this...

"6. What is the poisoning formula for casting poison to get level 5 poison?

The forumla goes something like this,
There is a resist check, and then if the caster's real magic and poisoning skill are GM or better there is a 1 in 10 chance to cast level 5 poison.

After that there are also penalties for casting at a distance, so the further you are away from the target (you lose 1 level of poison. You can gain some of those penalties back up to level 5 if the target is evil omened."

I don't think that's what a formula looks like.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know what shards have empty abyss house spots? (im too lazy to go check them all lol)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I don't like the new log in screen even a little bit!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you both of Balhae's spots are occupied with public houses, so don't bother with doing the quest to get in there. LOL
Or just do it on the primary shard you play on. I am only entering on the main shard I play and hoping myself or someone else gets it, that would never let it fall or hand it off to someone else if they are going to leave or die :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Both houses are GL are fine...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scared about the chat revamp. I just hope they don't give us a watered down system that is lacking lots of features chat in EC has since years.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the colors. Colors make me happy
I like it too... the pretty copper/bronze tones on the character choosing screen are awesome...

Course I'm looking at this on my new 4k Ultra HD and wow...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are both owned on LS. But the one by the Rat spawn has never been public that I know of. And it looks the same as it did years ago.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
about the goblin statue speed while in form. are they on a mount or on foot? if they are saying should be able to move while on foot at mount speed, bad idea.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
about the goblin statue speed while in form. are they on a mount or on foot? if they are saying should be able to move while on foot at mount speed, bad idea.
I believe they do mean they move at mount speed on foot. There's not a graphic for them to ride mounts. So I assume that evens the field. If your concerned about dismount I so want to see a PvP goblin battle. That would be adorable.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are certain goblins that run soo fast they seem to 'fly'. The statue did not allow them to keep their super sonic 'flappy like' speeds. The pole allowed for that - not sure of the ring. (I hear the ring turns them into "mean ughlee hummie biting grey onez". )

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There are certain goblins that run soo fast they seem to 'fly'. The statue did not allow them to keep their super sonic 'flappy like' speeds. The pole allowed for that - not sure of the ring. (I hear the ring turns them into "mean ughlee hummie biting grey onez". )
There's Barak's old beat up ring (Not positive how to spell Barak) and there's a fishing pole that also changes you into a goblin but the name escapes me. Just a little Goblin trivia,

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Xenrr's Fishing Pole - yooz need uh mud puppy to gitz dat onez. Da Red Herring fishiez gitz yooz da ring.