• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old EC "yellow" gui

Resense

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to bring back old EC square gui without new stylizations? I know there was texture pack for this when they changed gui with that "old style" theme several years ago but I can't find it now.

Attachments

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any way to bring back old EC square gui without new stylizations? I know there was texture pack for this when they changed gui with that "old style" theme several years ago but I can't find it now.
Yep, that was a good and lean UI. When the new UI hit the client, my framerate went to nuts. Luckily I had saved a copy of the old UI, so I started running my own personal UI based on that code.

Here is my old copy: Uploadfiles.io - DefOld.zip

It has the old textures like this..

upload_2018-2-19_15-2-30.png

And the yellowish icon style:

upload_2018-2-19_15-6-13.png

But I think those assets are pulled from the UOP files anyway(?). I'm personally just sticking with the textures that come with the client, so my UI changed from the gold to blue as well.

There is nothing ready to use I fear. The old UI is not ready for things like the new trade window (i.e. platinums) and a couple more of the newer stuff. And there are also some real improvements in the new Default, like the cool new spellbooks from Pinco.

If your are not in the position of making you own changes to the UI, I fear you are out of luck with this. There is no simple drop-in replacement that I know of.

Resense

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh man, thats excatly what I was looking for, thank you much! Need just to combine somehow old texutes with new gui features, damn I'm not familiar with it =(

When the new UI hit the client, my framerate went to nuts
True, just tested, old gui works much smoother even now and looks great. Maybe someone could try to compile them...

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
True, just tested, old gui works much smoother even now and looks great. Maybe someone could try to compile them...
They added little checks running 10 or 20 times per second, checking every hotbar slot if its still cooldown or not... because hell beware someone could click too early on the next fireball :rolleyes:

And three dozen more of those ridiculous things.

I had my hopes high when it finally was released. I ran two rounds around WBB and said "No thanks..." ;) Every half way competent person is long gone from the Dev team and working on some other game now.

Resense

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you know any custom guis for actual EC except pincos? Share please.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe you know any custom guis for actual EC except pincos? Share please.
Unfortunately I think there is only Pinco's.

Other public ones are abandoned. I think this is as close as it gets: illandril/UO-Modders-Exchange
But the modding community is pretty much dead.

It's a lot of work to keep a complete UI working. On top of it, if you go public and try to help UO players and thus the game in general, you get no help from the developers and they have even stopped making the new stuff they add accessible for UI modding (e.g. you just can't mod vendor search properly, the VvV gump, jewelry box, ...).

It is even discouraging to keep running your own UI, let alone doing the job Broadsword should do (i.e. improving the UI), without being paid or even supported.

I guess Pinco puts more development time into his UI than Broadsword actually allocates for their developers to work on the EC.