• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to highlight artifacts on corpses?

Vesti

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi all.

I just got back into UO (Europa).

I wonder how I can highlight artifacts on corpses - so I don't have to read the description of every single item.

Similar to this guy: (It says ART over artifacts).

Any idea how I can get that same functionality?

Thanks,

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any idea how I can get that same functionality?
This must be a simple private mod. Everybody seems to do his own since that functionality is lacking from the client. But unless you are in the position to make changes to the UI yourself, I fear you're out of luck there.

Your best bet than is to get the ear of a Dev :rolleyes:

I personally use some color-coding with 3 colors: green for good stuff, orange for stuff to grab at least, red for cursed or other useless things, all the rest stays plain. But I never actually cared to nail down my rules to proper loot. It's more a help to identify stuff worth grabbing on public corpses :)

upload_2018-2-19_16-7-16.png

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or like this: UO, Mervyn's unified vision of everything.

That's all from single person hobbyists doing it in their spare time. Imagine where UO could be with a fulltime developer if they focused on that technology some years ago. Instead they decided to stick with 20 year old technology and put out embarassing stuff like the jewelry box (no search, no zoom, not stylable, not lua-accessible, etc.) that are clearly steps backward from what we already have in the EC. :sad4:

Vesti

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks a lot for your replies! I use Pincos now basically only to be able to highlight specific items even though it's pretty buggy ;0