• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goblin Statue

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It's a cute little statue. Had to get one ;) So once one uses it are you a Goblin forever or what? Do green and gray goblins get along? I suppose it's just like a ring but permanent? Not sure I want to be a goblin forever unless I make a goblin character. Can orc statues be far behind? Maybe a vampire?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So once one uses it are you a Goblin forever or what?
From what I read it's a blessed statue that needs to be activated in your backpack to work, can't use animal form or ride a mount while active but when you die your corpse will appear as a goblin... Once resurrected your back to normal (statue inactive) and needs to be re-activated to go back to goblin form

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any armor restrictions other than what is normally associated with race?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
From what I read it's a blessed statue that needs to be activated in your backpack to work, can't use animal form or ride a mount while active but when you die your corpse will appear as a goblin... Once resurrected your back to normal (statue inactive) and needs to be re-activated to go back to goblin form
It's been awhile but it seems like I remember goblins being really fast. Maybe mount speed in built in? We need a horse/goblin race!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Surely it should be you telling us the details!! :D

Copy it to test center and have a play around but I don't think anything it permanent from what I saw in the other thread.
I just thought the goblin statue was adorable lol. Not overly interested in playing one at the moment :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think we can all agree the green goblins are hard working good goblins while the gray ones are lazy and shiftless ;)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is more discussion of this item here.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been awhile but it seems like I remember goblins being really fast. Maybe mount speed in built in? We need a horse/goblin race!
They appear faster because they are smaller, just like a Llama mount appears faster than a swampy. Of course you may have been seeing a gargoyle in Goblin form while flying as well . . .

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They appear faster because they are smaller, just like a Llama mount appears faster than a swampy. Of course you may have been seeing a gargoyle in Goblin form while flying as well . . .
Actually most times things appear faster is because they have fewer animation frames... Hence why playing in chicken form or Orc form makes you seem to run way faster... because you are actually using less animation which does in-fact make you slightly faster... Hence why the Kirin and swamp dragon are sooooo slow... they have a LOT more animation...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hath anyone asked why using the green statue is not exactly like holding the fishing pole, without the fishing pole?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think he meant that graphic is not the same.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hath anyone asked why using the green statue is not exactly like holding the fishing pole, without the fishing pole?
It frees up the slot, which helps a lot and was a big part of what people had asked for.

However, the statue also doesn't let you use gargoyle flight to run at mount speed like the fishing pole does. If you see a character that looks like a goblin running in place, it's a gargoyle with either the fishing pole or ring that is in flight mode. The statue doesn't let you do that, effectively confining you to unmounted run speed.