• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning player

Faen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I'm kind of putting out feelers here.

I've played before High Seas and want to come back, Taming just got a whole rework.

So... What's the meta like? Is mg GD worthless now? Do I need to throw out my old pets? Is one pet now absolutely stronger than teams? Are Hiryus worse than lessers now? What should I be working towards in a new pet?

Gardo

Journeyman
Welcome back. I basically just returned as well. What I’ve found is that old pets have a use and can be pretty rare in a lot of cases. Legacy NMs, WWs, and regular dragons spawned with greater strength pre-pub 97 and now give great flexibility in the new training system. (ie more points to play with) Definitely keep those pets. I highly recommend copying your tamer to test center and playing with the system. Get your tamer to New Haven and take advantage of the pet training and bonding portals. Unfortunately, it’s really easy to screw up a perfectly good pet if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Be especially careful with pre-patch nightmares. If you have several, you may even want to sell them for 50 M each, esp if you do not have a healthy bank account. Don't know about exact pricing, since it varies. Dont train anything with the new system unless you experiment with them on TC1 as Gardo suggested.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I'm kind of putting out feelers here.

I've played before High Seas and want to come back, Taming just got a whole rework.

So... What's the meta like? Is mg GD worthless now? Do I need to throw out my old pets? Is one pet now absolutely stronger than teams? Are Hiryus worse than lessers now? What should I be working towards in a new pet?

What shard? There may be a tamer there to help you out.