• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

More rideable pets.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I hate Gargoyles and aside from the racial bonus imbuing the main reason I run any Gargoyles was to have mounted speed with a GD. I think a few of the new pets and some of the old should be rideable to give us non flappy winged races some more options. The Ossein Ram is the first new pet to come to mind and the Wild Tigers. I was really disappointed when I discovered the first Ram I tamed was not rideable. The wild tigers I would think would be easy enough in the graphics department of development since the Ethy tiger graphics are already there. I think the reason I am leaning so heavy to Giant/fire Beetles, Hiryus, Reptalons and firesteeds/mares is they are rideable and everything that is not rideable is only good for smelly gargoyle use :)

TheFarg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I totally agree. I'm focusing way more on training the rideable pets because once they become 5 slots you at least still have a mount. I almost bought a ram from a pet vendor but first came online to see if they were rideable. I was training a wild tiger but now that its a 5 slot I no longer use it because I have to walk now. I was really hoping for the tigers/rams/saber tooth cats to become rideable. I love using dragons/rune beetles/drakes etc. but find myself using the hiryu/reptalon/nightmares way more often so I don't have to walk.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok I hate Gargoyles and aside from the racial bonus imbuing the main reason I run any Gargoyles was to have mounted speed with a GD. I think a few of the new pets and some of the old should be rideable to give us non flappy winged races some more options. The Ossein Ram is the first new pet to come to mind and the Wild Tigers. I was really disappointed when I discovered the first Ram I tamed was not rideable. The wild tigers I would think would be easy enough in the graphics department of development since the Ethy tiger graphics are already there. I think the reason I am leaning so heavy to Giant/fire Beetles, Hiryus, Reptalons and firesteeds/mares is they are rideable and everything that is not rideable is only good for smelly gargoyle use :)

Well, we suggested them making the vanity pets 5 slot rideable and Mesanna didnt even understand the question, which was disappointing. Windrunner and Lasher could be made into trainable to 5 slot easily. And generate further profits for them. Wouldnt be pay to win, since there are other options and they would have to be trained...

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Its sad but in the early days of the testing for pub 97 lions,rams, and tigers could be ridden.. but they removed the code for some reason.. sadly it only lasted a few weeks on test shard..but it was awesome...and many of us hoped it would make it live.. =* [

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Its sad but in the early days of the testing for pub 97 lions,rams, and tigers could be ridden.. but they removed the code for some reason.. sadly it only lasted a few weeks on test shard..but it was awesome...and many of us hoped it would make it live.. =* [[/QUO]]

They did NOT remove the code: The code is always there. What they did they clicked on the option on the pet editor Rideable [ ] (y/n). It took only a click, thats all code was all there.
Now the REAL question is why the **ck they did this? What philosophy or reason is behind this?

I think that 100% of the tamers agree on the above points, so ALL they have to do is CLICK again and change the option to YES rideable mobile on these pets.

Again its not the CODE its the DEVS doing it with a simple click.

I think they should add rideable quality to these pets, and it should be done ASAP. Add more interest and excitement to the game. Spend so much time in the graphics of the RAM and the STT, even tigers and waste these pets, while as rideable would make them 100 times more useful?? I would like to hear some reasons why..from the devs but .. (will also not hold my breath)..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lions could also be mounted on TC but they turned into horses when mounted.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, we suggested them making the vanity pets 5 slot rideable and Mesanna didnt even understand the question, which was disappointing. Windrunner and Lasher could be made into trainable to 5 slot easily. And generate further profits for them. Wouldnt be pay to win, since there are other options and they would have to be trained...
Yeah I saw in the M&G she said "That sounds a lot like pay to win" The Sak Bird of Prey and Grizzled Mare are fairly big let downs as well, only being able to go to 3 slot. The Grizzled Mare in particular given how *Easy* they are to get and they could have actually been a viable necro pet.... Same with the wind runner.... The winf runner I was like yeah I paid $10 for this piece of crap! My Mongbat has more mojo than the vanity pets.

Its sad but in the early days of the testing for pub 97 lions,rams, and tigers could be ridden.. but they removed the code for some reason.. sadly it only lasted a few weeks on test shard..but it was awesome...and many of us hoped it would make it live.. =* [
The Ram I sort of understand given its bonus material but given its limitations and sacrificing scrolling to max str and have decent HP, or scrolling and having low HP it is a ok pet at best, ridable it would be far more useful and look really cool :) Lions, tigers, and Sabre Tooths I really must be missing something, because I can't see how them be ridable would be OP or game breaking.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I saw in the M&G she said "That sounds a lot like pay to win" The Sak Bird of Prey and Grizzled Mare are fairly big let downs as well, only being able to go to 3 slot. The Grizzled Mare in particular given how *Easy* they are to get and they could have actually been a viable necro pet.... Same with the wind runner.... The winf runner I was like yeah I paid $10 for this piece of crap! My Mongbat has more mojo than the vanity pets.

The Ram I sort of understand given its bonus material but given its limitations and sacrificing scrolling to max str and have decent HP, or scrolling and having low HP it is a ok pet at best, ridable it would be far more useful and look really cool :) Lions, tigers, and Sabre Tooths I really must be missing something, because I can't see how them be ridable would be OP or game breaking.
Lions and tigers can get the same abilities as the Ram. Just get the wrestling to 100 and the choice appears.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I agree not to mention they all do physical damage which really isn't that appealing most the time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree not to mention they all do physical damage which really isn't that appealing most the time.
They really needed to mix the damages up before they did the revamp. Why wouldn't the Ram have damage that would kill those Lichs he lives with in case they get drunk and start a brawl.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They really needed to mix the damages up before they did the revamp. Why wouldn't the Ram have damage that would kill those Lichs he lives with in case they get drunk and start a brawl.
Be nice if you could change the damage type in training, with a few exceptions like the fire beetle and elemental drakes. We are way over loaded with phys damage pets.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let you pick 100% damage type or two at 50/50 75/25 or any % combo between 2 damage types. Would make a lot of the stable warmers more useful.