• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets that spawn with necro

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

No idea who deals with this, but am hoping one of you.

If a pet - like the Ossein Ram - spawns with necro & spirit speak, it is utterly illogical to make it so that those skills have to be activated. Especially with the loss of two of the specials he already had.

Pets that spawn with mage don't need to have it activated. Why necro & ss? Can we not just keep it simple & say that if the pet spawns with a skill, that skill is active?

Now I understand why no one knew about the bodyguard buff. As far as I can tell, it comes from the Battle Defence special, which my Ram no longer has. Because I activated a skill he spawned with.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I understand why no one knew about the bodyguard buff.
They did not know because it only appears when the pet has 100 wrestling and Parry shows up. Any pet that has wrestling type masteries can get it when parry shows up. I am completely unimpressed with it. The pet does not cast it when it is needed. It will just watch you die or die itself.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They did not know because it only appears when the pet has 100 wrestling and Parry shows up. Any pet that has wrestling type masteries can get it when parry shows up. I am completely unimpressed with it. The pet does not cast it when it is needed. It will just watch you die or die itself.
VERY "selective" casting of it for sure. LOL

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If the pet is on guard, it casts it quite a bit, least from my testing. On guard and in combat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I went to easier stuff.

It does use it. It is fun. But the pet is such a weak kill. I been here 10 mins and one GD is almost dead.

I also was saved at 7 life when the GD attacked me.

But it does make a tank out of the pet. We up to 15 min now and GD barely alive.

It is fun but I coulda killed these and a Navrey by now.

upload_2018-1-31_17-18-41.png

I have to run consume or it would die.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was hoping this would be better. You cant have AI and this on a pet. I have 4 different pets sitting in the stable ready to set up and sell. Ill try the STT next.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was hoping this would be better. You cant have AI and this on a pet. I have 4 different pets sitting in the stable ready to set up and sell. Ill try the STT next.
And that is sort of the problem. It is a tank, or for an encounter where the tamer will need alot of protecting. Definately not a dps pet. I will choose a dps pet over this pet in almost all encounters because I don't have too much of a problem keeping my tamer alive.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK. You have 110 taming and Lore. Anatomy, tactics,weapon skill, Chivalry and you could fight along side. As long as you don't do the roof.

I'm not seeing a good enough pet that it fits on yet. A pre patch NM seems the best choice to me. But you could put chivalry on one of those and kill most things without a template change.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK. You have 110 taming and Lore. Anatomy, tactics,weapon skill, Chivalry and you could fight along side. As long as you don't do the roof.

I'm not seeing a good enough pet that it fits on yet. A pre patch NM seems the best choice to me. But you could put chivalry on one of those and kill most things without a template change.
I dont have any of those tamer templates, but i know someone who does, i can see the fit for that sort of template. I put it on one of my legacys (but not my good legacys) nm. Im not sure how i feel about that decision.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The ability does not pass to party members. That would be awesome if it did.

Has to be a pet with at least 3 slots. I thought of a pet to try. Skilling on TC. This is pathetic.

I actually did skill it to 100 wrestling on TC. We did the Dragon Turtle spawn on my other toon and finished before it got to 100.

I'm moving over to the What I'm training today thread.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The ability does not pass to party members. That would be awesome if it did.

Has to be a pet with at least 3 slots. I thought of a pet to try. Skilling on TC. This is pathetic.
Guarding buff for everyone in the party...What a cool idea..

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, mine still hasn't reached GM wrestle & parry, but there he was, happily casting bodyguard ...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, mine still hasn't reached GM wrestle & parry, but there he was, happily casting bodyguard ...
Some pet types have the parry show up as soon as it is tamed. A pet that does not have parry on the lore screen will not have Battle Defense as a choice until it get the 100 wrestling.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those come with Battle Defense! You can not see the choice on other pets. Many pets can get it but the choice is not there until 100 wrestling.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, ok, crossed wires - my apologies :)
I sidetracked your thread onto Battle Defense. I moved my talking about that to another thread.

If I were paying more attention I would have known you were talking about a Ram and not caused confusion.

Your main points about magics are completely valid and have caused many players to mess up pets.