• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special Move Better than Armor Ignore?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed. I made a chiv + AI cu and it's now my go to pet. Do you have and abilities as well or just chiv and ai?
On my Lesser Hiryus, that is all you can put on them. But combined with their grasping claw when it all "goes off" damage of 250-290 is a fairly regular occurrence. I did see a 400+ damage the other day once, and thought I imagined it. BUT, then, a guild mate with a Hiryu as well saw the same thing. At the same time. Probably something random though. On my Cu's, I like to put AI, explosive goo, and Chiv. Great spawn pet. For me anyway. :) FYI, my Hiryu with the AI/Chiv combo is my "go to" everyday pet. I haven't seen QUITE as much damage with a Cu, but my Chiv isn't as high on it either. So that might be the cause. What damage are you getting with the Cu? And what is the pet's Chiv at?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What damage are you getting with the Cu? And what is the pet's Chiv at?
I can't say I know off hand. I only made it a couple of days ago and the chiv is only at around 60ish!

I've made various different Cu's and thought it was about time to give Chiv and AI a try out. I have a mystic and AI and found it just runs out of mana so quickly and seems to be very random (and stupid) which the spells it casts. I would rather it just spam AI than cast the mystic stuff!

I have been watching the tamer forums for ages hoping there would be one over powered build that I could just go with but it doesn't seem to be like that. There is so many different combinations people seem to use.

I've not tried any of the magical abilities or special abilities on any pets so any feedback on these is appreciated.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't say I know off hand. I only made it a couple of days ago and the chiv is only at around 60ish!

I've made various different Cu's and thought it was about time to give Chiv and AI a try out. I have a mystic and AI and found it just runs out of mana so quickly and seems to be very random (and stupid) which the spells it casts. I would rather it just spam AI than cast the mystic stuff!

I have been watching the tamer forums for ages hoping there would be one over powered build that I could just go with but it doesn't seem to be like that. There is so many different combinations people seem to use.

I've not tried any of the magical abilities or special abilities on any pets so any feedback on these is appreciated.
To me it seems that whatever abilities you put on a Cu, it will burn through it's mana MUCH quicker than a Lesser Hiryu will. That's a trade off for having the different damage types on the Cu I'm guessing. Both still extremely viable/useful pets in certain instances of course.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just had a look and noticed I can't add any more move/abilities/area effects. I guess I messed up because I put the AI then chiv on first?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sold on Chiv on pets... they tend to cast EoO a LOT making it impossible to keep them alive at spawns. They are great if you are only fighting one thing... but not so good when there are multiple target types.

I like Discord on a Cu and I'm coming around to Discord with AI over Discord and Conductive Blast since it's massive nerf...

I still haven't gotten a successful Lesser as I seem to somehow mess up the order of putting on skills and can't get what I'd like on the Lesser or a beetle for that matter.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just had a look and noticed I can't add any more move/abilities/area effects. I guess I messed up because I put the AI then chiv on first?
On a Cu? Yes, if you have put the Chiv. on it already then that it it I believe. :( The goo needs to go on before Chiv.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sold on Chiv on pets... they tend to cast EoO a LOT making it impossible to keep them alive at spawns. They are great if you are only fighting one thing... but not so good when there are multiple target types.

I like Discord on a Cu and I'm coming around to Discord with AI over Discord and Conductive Blast since it's massive nerf...

I still haven't gotten a successful Lesser as I seem to somehow mess up the order of putting on skills and can't get what I'd like on the Lesser or a beetle for that matter.
I haven't noticed that much of a problem keeping them alive. Do you have HPR 20 on your pet? FYI, I have heard good things about the Conductive Blast as well with the Cu's. It pairs up well with the damage type of the Cu.

croy6325

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My go to pet has been my bushido/ai lesser. I do a lot of T-hunting and my chiv/ai cu would get demolished where with my lesser, I can stand back let him quickly clear the spawns.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I haven't noticed that much of a problem keeping them alive. Do you have HPR 20 on your pet? FYI, I have heard good things about the Conductive Blast as well with the Cu's. It pairs up well with the damage type of the Cu.
FYI,, Conductive blast got blasted with a really stupid nerf: It is supposed to last ONLY 4 seconds! But in reality it only lasts like 2 seconds. So the buffed hits its supposed to help with just will not happen. Try it on TC1 on swoops and sphynx and you will see...really same nerf. Would not recommend CB, will just use mana and just not work at all unless they undo the damage they dit to it with the nerf..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My go to pet has been my bushido/ai lesser. I do a lot of T-hunting and my chiv/ai cu would get demolished where with my lesser, I can stand back let him quickly clear the spawns.
What level maps you do with the bushi/ai/lesser? and what scrolls have you put on it?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI,, Conductive blast got blasted with a really stupid nerf: It is supposed to last ONLY 4 seconds! But in reality it only lasts like 2 seconds. So the buffed hits its supposed to help with just will not happen. Try it on TC1 on swoops and sphynx and you will see...really same nerf. Would not recommend CB, will just use mana and just not work at all unless they undo the damage they dit to it with the nerf..
Thanks for the heads up!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the heads up!
Welcome..
Kind of upset about the nerf, since I was hoping to use the CB on a dog or two since it makes use of part of the pet's damage (50% energy), but glad I tested it on TC1, and it is worthless as it is now, unless the TC1 does not reflect what is on "production" shards. They started with CB being 30-35 seconds, then they ninja nerfed it to 20 seconds, then lastly the claim is for 4 seconds, and in most recent testing its like 2 seconds! I dont know what kind of mindset did this..Like I mentioned I dont think the devs test the changes they make.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
On my Lesser Hiryus, that is all you can put on them. But combined with their grasping claw when it all "goes off" damage of 250-290 is a fairly regular occurrence. I did see a 400+ damage the other day once, and thought I imagined it. BUT, then, a guild mate with a Hiryu as well saw the same thing. At the same time. Probably something random though. On my Cu's, I like to put AI, explosive goo, and Chiv. Great spawn pet. For me anyway. :) FYI, my Hiryu with the AI/Chiv combo is my "go to" everyday pet. I haven't seen QUITE as much damage with a Cu, but my Chiv isn't as high on it either. So that might be the cause. What damage are you getting with the Cu? And what is the pet's Chiv at?
That is awesome damage from the L. hiriu. You have Chiv AI and grasp on it. Di you add any scrolls to it? I am relatively with a low bank account and dont want to blow off what I have saved on high PS just to get stuff nerfed by the devs. Would a just GM similar l. hiriu get close to this damage?
Thanks for reply.

croy6325

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What level maps you do with the bushi/ai/lesser? and what scrolls have you put on it?
I been doing 6s. haven't tried 7s yet. but I did like 8 or 9 more 6s today. some healing required on ilsh maps if u get an exodus and a satyr spawn. but he tanks balrons and AW without any healing and he is only scrolled with 110s.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is awesome damage from the L. hiriu. You have Chiv AI and grasp on it. Di you add any scrolls to it? I am relatively with a low bank account and dont want to blow off what I have saved on high PS just to get stuff nerfed by the devs. Would a just GM similar l. hiriu get close to this damage?
Thanks for reply.
Thanks. Yes he has all 120 scrolls.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Have You tried Spellweaving/AI on a CU, which currently is my favorite. In fact i like it enough that i'm trying Spellweaving on a lesser. Although i do have a discord/ai CU and i like him, just not as much when fighting against top end boss mobs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have You tried Spellweaving/AI on a CU, which currently is my favorite. In fact i like it enough that i'm trying Spellweaving on a lesser. Although i do have a discord/ai CU and i like him, just not as much when fighting against top end boss mobs.
I have spellweaving on a couple of pets but it's just not high enough to really see a benefit yet I don't think.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't have any problem keeping Chiv pets alive at spawns, and I max out most pets health around 600. Other players may have other experiences though.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Does your pet have 20 HPR?