• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu casting word of death on itself

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While training spellweaving on a cu I have noticed many times it will target itself with 'word of death'. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
While training spellweaving on a cu I have noticed many times it will target itself with 'word of death'. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
Are you positive? If so it really sucks..especially if you spent 6M or so for a 120 Spellweaving power scroll. Has anyone else seen this happen? Is the artificial intelligence for SW that bad?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This happens when you accidently target your pets bar when you give the all kill command and then say all kill and target a mob before saying all stop..... all guard, all follow, and all kill again... don't target your pets bar.

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens when you accidently target your pets bar when you give the all kill command and then say all kill and target a mob before saying all stop..... all guard, all follow, and all kill again... don't target your pets bar.
That may be one cause, but in my case I put my cu on an Allosaurus and it will cast spellweaving spells on the Allosaurus for a while then it starts casting word of death on itself. During this whole time I am just standing back watching not doing anything.

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could the Allosaurus be reflecting the spell WOD? Otherwise poor pet AI...
I have seen it happen with every creature I have trained my Cu on. I have a guild mate that sees the same with her Cu.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have seen it happen with every creature I have trained my Cu on. I have a guild mate that sees the same with her Cu.
What other SW spells do you see the pet casting? Renewal etc? Does it cast the spell that rezzes the pet if it dies etc? Also does it take damage from the WOD it casts on itself? How high is its SW?

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What other SW spells do you see the pet casting? Renewal etc? Does it cast the spell that rezzes the pet if it dies etc? Also does it take damage from the WOD it casts on itself? How high is its SW?
It casts Renewal,Arcane empowerment, Thunerstorm,Essence of Wind, Wildfire. I haven't seen it cast Gift of Life. It does take damage from WOD. It is 92 SW at the moment but I have seen it cast WOD on itself from very early on, probably as soon as it was able to cast the spell.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It casts Renewal,Arcane empowerment, Thunerstorm,Essence of Wind, Wildfire. I haven't seen it cast Gift of Life. It does take damage from WOD. It is 92 SW at the moment but I have seen it cast WOD on itself from very early on, probably as soon as it was able to cast the spell.
Sounds like a bad AI for pet. I posted several months ago what I saw with cusidhe with Chiv: It killed dragon, then rezzed the dragon. Other people here made fun of this, and did not believe it, but it happened 2x in a row. Sounds like the devs have a little more work to do on the code for AI for the pets...I do not think I will be adding the SW to pets esp 120 SW for 6 M..

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested spellweaving with my lesser hiryu. It is at 98 spellweaving and it also casts WOD on itself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did navrey with 2 random peeps. (Navrey is almost always being used on LS.)

My weaver lesser 104.4 did not cast WoD until the last hit. Did 330 on Navrey.

My pets usually cast WoD from the beginning. Thats why I use my other magic pets more often. But never notice them cast it on themselves.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did Navrey again it cast WoD twice at 75% and once at 50% of navreys life. Did not cast it again. It cast other spells. It is a tank. I did not heal it at all and it only went to 1/2 life.

now 104.6 Weaving...

I think your pets are watching the human weavers in the slime pits. They are trying to gain skill.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Did Navrey again it cast WoD twice at 75% and once at 50% of navreys life. Did not cast it again. It cast other spells. It is a tank. I did not heal it at all and it only went to 1/2 life.

now 104.6 Weaving...

I think your pets are watching the human weavers in the slime pits. They are trying to gain skill.
What specials do you have on it? AI or?