• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frame rate | Frame rate | FPS | EC

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What kind of framerate are you guys getting on the enhanced client?

I was using Pinco's, my fps was really low 5 to 10 and laggy, never used to be the case.

Disabled it and used defaultb ui, my fps jumped to 90 to 100+. God was it beautiful!

Can't live without Pinco's, uninstalled client and reinstalled, getting 20ish fps on a clean install.

Reinstalling Pinco's...

What is your experience with the fps?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I was using Pinco's, my fps was really low 5 to 10 and laggy, never used to be the case.

Disabled it and used defaultb ui, my fps jumped to 90 to 100+. God was it beautiful!

Can't live without Pinco's, uninstalled client and reinstalled, getting 20ish fps on a clean install.

Reinstalling Pinco's...

I don't even know how to find out what my FPS is, how do I find that?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Reinstalling Pinco's...

You're playing UO on an xbox ? #fps #huh

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Reinstalling Pinco's...

It's a mess and sadly it makes sense. Those nifty features Pinco adds come at a high price. There are little loops running all the time in the background keeping track of everything. Meanwhile while that code runs there is no redrawing the UI (i.e. framerate drops to 5 to 10 fps).

That's also the reason the client freezes when the container code runs havoc when looting huge corpses (EM, Scalis, ...).

It's by design. Neither we nor Pinco can do much about it. And the powers who could do much, couldn't be arsed ;)

In terms of framerate the old default UI (the goldish one) was the best. When Pinco redid "Default" (the blueish one) they added a lot of background crap from that which already slows it down.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Haha
I'll just have to put some work in, make two profiles, one Pinco one default, cause if you switch the UIs, all my setup goes wonky.
By auto hiding bars, helps a lot.
Ty @Pinco
A little bug I found, if there is a key assigned to an action on a hidden bar, sometimes you have to mouseover the bar to make it visible for the assigned key to perform that action.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha
I'll just have to put some work in, make two profiles, one Pinco one default, cause if you switch the UIs, all my setup goes wonky.
By auto hiding bars, helps a lot.
Ty @Pinco
A little bug I found, if there is a key assigned to an action on a hidden bar, sometimes you have to mouseover the bar to make it visible for the assigned key to perform that action.
The real problem is that UI runs in the same thread of the game so every little thing you have showing in the UI will slow the game down... All the cooldown and stuff in the hotbars requires a constant update in order to work and so you lose performance.
I still haven't done any test, but I think that the optimal amount of hotbar's slots is around 50-60 (total of all the active hotbars), after that the performance will sink. Besides the hotbars the healthbars are another fps leech, the more you have, the worst things will be (this not happens with the new healthbars, only the classic ones). If you keep hotbars and healthbars at bay, you'll be totally fine.
Big loots shouldn't give much of a problem after the containers rework, and if you use free form style on loot (or disable the loot sort) you won't have any trouble :)

The bug you mention is not an UI bug, once the hotkey is assigned, is the client that handles them...

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
I have no idea what my framerate is.
But I would like to express my experience with lag type issues that I have had. I love the EC Client...
Until a month or 2 ago, I also LOVED Pinco's Mod.
But from the beginning of November, Pinco's had so many issues. It "seemed" like, every time Pinco applied a new patch, it fixed one issue, but 3 more appeared.
After a couple of months, I just stopped logging in using Pinco's Mod.
Do I miss it? Yes I do...
Can I live without it? Yes, it seems I can.
I am less laggy in the generic EC client than I ever was using Pinco's.
Maybe Pinco, some time in the future, can "pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat" & the client issues & the lag I had, will disappear!
If that were to happen, I would be back using Pinco's mod, in a heartbeat.