• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bodyguard

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was training my Ossein Ram in Shame, he's not gone through even the first round of training yet, and a weird icon popped up on my buff bar. I've never heard of this except with the parry mastery, which he doesn't have, or any other mastery, and I can't find anything when I try to search it online, either here or the www.

I use the peace mastery when I'm training pet skills, and have a bog standard peace tamer template.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only guess that this is a 'special' of the pet, something like the unicorn's ability to cure poison. The devs do like to add things unadvertised and wait for someone to discover them :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thought had occurred, but, I'm usually the last one who will discover this stuff!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You will enjoy it mate.. its one of the reasons the rideing code was removed from them in pvp..because the moment you dismounted them they protected you.. if you have them at 120 wrest and 120 parry that buffed absorbs a crazy amount of damage( nearly 50%-80%).. is kinda of a pvp secret ,most pvp tamer keep under their hat... but now that its out there they can't really get mad at me for saying anything..... ^_~

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will enjoy it mate.. its one of the reasons the rideing code was removed from them in pvp..because the moment you dismounted them they protected you.. if you have them at 120 wrest and 120 parry that buffed absorbs a crazy amount of damage( nearly 50%-80%).. is kinda of a pvp secret ,most pvp tamer keep under their hat... but now that its out there they can't really get mad at me for saying anything..... ^_~
Even outside of PvP in PvM it is great :) There is a reason my tank tamer runs with a ram and it is not because the ram is a epic PvM pet, good back up in any melee tamer template. Of course I would give that up for them to be rideable LOL.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I remember before the mana regen nerf on test when you could mount them.. run in with a 120ed out nerco ram and it would clear the spawn for you and pop the champ in less then 15 mins... and if someone did raid you ..you just got close to the ram and laughed as your HP hardly moved to their attacks..then have the ram own them...lol oh man you know they are so going to look into this pet and nerf it now.. but one secret out of 50ish most testers have kept out of the main light is not bad.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember before the mana regen nerf on test when you could mount them.. run in with a 120ed out nerco ram and it would clear the spawn for you and pop the champ in less then 15 mins... and if someone did raid you ..you just got close to the ram and laughed as your HP hardly moved to their attacks..then have the ram own them...lol oh man you know they are so going to look into this pet and nerf it now.. but one secret out of 50ish most testers have kept out of the main light is not bad.. =^-^=
Well it is working as designed and intended :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think I saw every tamer run to tame these...
Yeah they were on the must tame list for everyone early on and then everyone looked at how badly they tamed out overall compared to other pets and missed the bigger picture. Which is fair as they are really not a great pet for the garden variety tamer/mage/weaver template. But there are a lot of pets that have attributes that benefit more specialized templates and specific circumstances.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EQ and I came up with a PvM use for it. He likes to do the Turtle spawn. The Turtle damages everything around. If we could keep the thing alive, maybe it would reduce our damage taken.

Here the info:

Battle Defense
Trains the creature in the disarm and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Heightened Senses & Shield Bash mastery abilities.

Parry
Title: The Deflector

Shield Bash
When activated the shield user will execute a shield bash on successfully hitting or parrying their opponent causing physical damage and paralyzing their opponent, interrupts spells if players are not immune to paralyze, based on parry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level. Damage is capped in pvp at 35.

Body Guard
The shield user chooses a protectee to absorb a percentage of damage done to the protectee based on parry skill, best weapon skill, and mastery level.

Heightened Senses
Toggle ability that provides the Parrying Master with increased chance to parry based on parry skill, best weapon skill and mastery level that consumes mana while active.

Im more of a 100% damage reduction tamer. (Invis)