• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Developers Meet and Greet in January

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, We hope everyone had a fun and relaxing time off during the holidays. The UO Team is now back at work and ready to go with all the great things we have planned for you guys this year. I am in the process of replacing the Event Moderator on Atlantic, I hope I can find someone that is strong and creative for you. Bennu is taking a break and is no longer the Moderator for Atlantic, he will be missed. The Developer Meet and Greets will begin again, check below for the two shards in January. Mugen – […]

Continue reading...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can already see it coming...

"Can you please fix the bug with pets going wild?"
"Uhm, what do you mean? Please email us details and we put it on the list"

"Can you please add dye XYZ to the store?"
"Wow, that is a great idea! Watch out for next publish"

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can already see it coming...

"Can you please fix the bug with pets going wild?"
"Uhm, what do you mean? Please email us details and we put it on the list"

"Can you please add dye XYZ to the store?"
"Wow, that is a great idea! Watch out for next publish"
Welcome to the In Game Dye Store !!

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone ask a question for me?

That whole episode made me laugh. :owned:

At the time, I thought it showed a modicum of good taste on behalf of Mesanna, I'd have done the same!

But I later slowly learned you have more of a grasp on game issues than I had given you credit for, and Mesanna had far less of a grasp than I had given her credit for. :please:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol

Well let me save y'all some time and energy and frustration. Having attended several and being somewhat disappointed in the answers (or political type non-answers) I have prepared for yall the transcripts for the next 6-8 (or more, if EJ is delayed) here already.

Player A: Good evening, and thank you for coming.
[Crystal] Player A says: Good evening, and thank you for coming.
Mesanna: Our Pleasure, glad to be here!
[Crystal] Mesanna says: Our Pleasure, glad to be here!
Player A: <insert any question here>
[Crystal] Player A says: <whatever question was asked>
Mesanna: That's not a bad idea, we will put it on our backlog of things to look at in the future. Right now tho we are solely focused on Endless Journey and not working on anything else until we have it ironed out.
[Crystal] Mesanna says: That's not a bad idea, we will put it on our backlog of things to look at in the future. Right now tho we are solely focused on Endless Journey and not working on anything else until we have it ironed out
Player A: well shucks...
[Crystal} Player A says: well shucks
you see: Player B
Player B: Hail and well met! I'm y'all's number 1 fan!
[Crystal} Player B says: Hail and well met! I'm y'all's number 1 fan!
Mesanna: ...
[Crystal] Mesanna says: ...
Player B: <insert routine question from UHall here>
[Crystal} Player B says: <insert routine question from UHall here>
Mesanna: This is the first we have heard of this, is this a new issue?
[Crystal] Mesanna says: This is the first we have heard of this, is this a new issue?
Player B: We have been asking and complaining about this for months! Everytime we do <action-such as trades at bank> the game <locks up/crashes/pick your own> and we have to restart
[Crystal] Player B says: We have been asking and complaining about this for months! Everytime we do <action-such as trades at bank> the game <locks up/crashes/pick your own> and we have to restart
Mesanna: this is news to me, Kyronix?
[Crystal} Mesanna says: this is news to me, Kyronix?
Kyronix: It seems to be a thing, but we cannot replicate it in order to troubleshoot it. But thank you for coming!
[Crystal] Kyronix says: It seems to be a thing, but we cannot replicate it in order to troubleshoot it. But thank you for coming!

Rinse and repeat these ad nauseum...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i actually think the devs just set up shills to ask stupid trammel cooking questions etc...

I cannot beleive that nobody asks:
ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE THE EC RUNNING SPEED THE SAME AS CC?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be unable to attend due to clergy work.
Perhaps someone can ask for me about the EC:
Are there any plans to make the running speed the same as CC?
And regarding the casting speed on EC, when it's set to auto target current/self the casting speed is faster than CC, however when set to target cursor, the cast recovery is slower than CC. Can the two clients have the same casting time, regarless of targetting options?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is there any more info on the meet and greet from the 16th?
I was unable to attend, and as of right now I only have a partial transcript that is missing the first 30 minutes of the meeting. I will be posting what I have soon, am working on it now. If anyone else attended and recorded the whole thing you can e-mail it to me at [email protected] and I will fill in the missing parts.

Callise

Journeyman
Sorry I didn't take notes - this is off the top of my head

Some things requested:
Earl Grey Tea, Rice Crops, Flower Dresses added to Blackhorn Reward, Elven potion so they can see the UO night/dark, Goblin gear
Someone came forward as an ATL castle raffle winner, but it was on one of their inactive accounts.
New Castle designs are still on the "to do" list
Old unicorn graphic from KR was requested, but given a hard no
A question regarding spawn in Blackthorn Dungeon and if their hit/resist points (I think) were correct

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
"Keep the fires burning and your toes warm!!"

If I could place a stone oven on the first floor of my castle that would help. That still bugs me. I don't think they're gonna fix it? ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Isn't Bennu like an Atlantic legend? I don't really know.
Yeah, he was one of the longest serving EM's ever and was probably the #1 most involved with the shard community on a day to day basis out of all EM's. Atlantic is a pretty transient shard with everything changing on a yearly basis, and he was one of the only stable things to stay around long-term. He kept the original storylines and culture of the shard alive too, otherwise it all would have been swallowed entirely by the "trade hub of UO" stuff with nothing else to make the shard unique.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all fake, the devs clearly have their own shill chars there to ask stupid trammel questions.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, he was one of the longest serving EM's ever and was probably the #1 most involved with the shard community on a day to day basis out of all EM's. Atlantic is a pretty transient shard with everything changing on a yearly basis, and he was one of the only stable things to stay around long-term. He kept the original storylines and culture of the shard alive too, otherwise it all would have been swallowed entirely by the "trade hub of UO" stuff with nothing else to make the shard unique.
Being on Legends EM Avalon wasn't as widely known. But she would very often sign into Legends and have her coffee with us in the mornings. Numerous frequent chats with us. I miss her so bad. She was special.