• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Training Method to get past the first stage.

Tectop

Journeyman
I am attempting to train my first pet under the new system, what is everybody using to start their first segment of training to get to 100%? I took my cold drake to Sphunx and after an hr, only to like 5%,does this sound right?. I hear people say they get their fully trained in a day don't know if I'm training on the right monsters or not. Thanks in advance

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Wind Elementals in Shame. All my pets trained up well on those, but if they got low resists and hp, you may need to vet and mage heal. I would suggest maxing out the pets Resisting Spells first, so you don't have them poisoning your pet easily and disrupting your heals.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can also use energy vortex, or crazy mages, they are neighbors...
Ask any tamer at Luna for a gate...
Make sure your pet is bonded or be ready to exit out.
Get someone else to tank if possible...
GL

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some depends on what you're training. I started a pretty palomino pony on ortanords, though finding one alone wasn't easy. A unicorn got 'greatly' gains at first level from lady of the snow. (incidentally the unicorn, now trained, chews through Miasma very nicely)

croy6325

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I train all my pets at the crazed mage. Trained my 1 slot lesser to a 5 slot on him. Cant remember the time needed though, but its easily done within a day.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How long does it normally take you from start to 100% training first level at crazed mage?
About 2-4 mages, or 1-2 hours, provided you have someone there tanking for you (and having someone disco the mage really helps). The issues are that some pets don't seem to gain as much as others (some pets I only get into the high 20s at 1/5 per mage, others I've actually broken 50% per mage), and you have to kill the mage to get a new one when the gain stops (and actually killing the mage, not the training, is what takes so long).

croy6325

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How long does it normally take you from start to 100% training first level at crazed mage?
Prob 2 to 3 hours on a 1 slot, 2nd and 3rd go alot faster and slows down again going to 5. Times could be off, i just glance at the screen while watching a movie. But u can go from 1 slot to 5 slot brfore the 2nd movie is done.

If i remember right, i was getting like .9% per tick at slot 1, and upwards of 2.5% per tick in 2nd and 3rd slots.

U wont find a better place to train a pet, he doesnt hit that hard, just stay away from the EVs next door and def dont go near the burning mage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 and 2 slot pets take 40 min if you are alone. Longer if you have someone else there. More things fighting = more time for everyone. If it is occupied, I leave and do something else.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have High Seas, pirates are great gains, especially if you pet isnt doing the tanking. Things that take forever on mages seem to go much quicker at pirates. Also if your pet doesnt have natural 125 or more stam... things will go much slower as the swing speed is slower. Sometimes we will skill them to 125 stats/100 wrest before we train them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have High Seas, pirates are great gains, especially if you pet isnt doing the tanking. Things that take forever on mages seem to go much quicker at pirates. Also if your pet doesnt have natural 125 or more stam... things will go much slower as the swing speed is slower. Sometimes we will skill them to 125 stats/100 wrest before we train them.
I hate skilling.

Tectop

Journeyman
Thank you all for the advice I will try to. I will try to find a ruin to the Mages and see how that goes thank you all again

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it is your first time there and you take a pet that has low resists, it may go badly. Once you get the hang of it it goes smooth.