• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Resists.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a lesser hiryu (for PvM) with resists at 80/80/80/45/80 - Poison being the lowest one. I want to make a pet focused at resisting poison better, so I need to find out what resist I should drop to 65.

I was thinking of:

80 Physical
65 (or 70) Fire
65 (or 70) Cold
80 Poison
65 (or 70) Energy

Physical is 80 because most of the monsters I fight do some kind of physical damage. Please gimmie some feedback on this. TY!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you can change them once they have been set can you?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put Phy, fire, energy to 80 if I can.

Cus have high cold so I leave the Poison at 45ish.

Lessers can have 4 at 80. I set cold at 45.

The only spawn I have looked up that needs the Poison or Cold is the one in Bedlam. That is a horrible experience. A one and done type event.

Poison resist only reduces poison type damage. Posioning time is reduced by magic resist.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It entirely depends on what you fight with that pet.
IE. If you fight only Navery with the pet then you need physical, fire and energy. Lady Mel you only need physical and energy. Dreadhorn is physical and poison.

Figure out what you want your pet to kill and build around that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, if you are going to fight something that has high poison damage, a najasaurous is poison immune.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've made a decision on the resists and it seems to work pretty well so far. Here is what I did:

Physical: 80
Fire: 70
Cold: 65
Poison: 80
Energy: 70

I still need to test it against more poison damage creatures, but he's holding up fairly well. I've already got a pet with max 80's and low 45% poison resists. The one I'm working on now is for fighting monsters with high poison damage. I shall keep everyone informed on how he does.

Thanks all for the help!

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now the total weight for resists, 1095...
Is that including the initial resists that you tame the creature with? Or on top of base resists?
Are you able to up the resists in round two after using the initial 1095?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now the total weight for resists, 1095...
Is that including the initial resists that you tame the creature with? Or on top of base resists?
Are you able to up the resists in round two after using the initial 1095?
Resists can be 80,80,80,80,45 365 resists to place as you can. At 3 points each 1095 total weight. Individual resist can not be placed above 80 with training.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Resists can be 80,80,80,80,45 365 resists to place as you can. At 3 points each 1095 total weight. Individual resist can not be placed above 80 with training
So higher the stats/resists at tame, more points available for other things. ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Generally I put most of my pets at 75/80/70/70/70 ...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, That is why pet types have different slots. All the points on a pet are put in some formula code in the game that determines the slots a pet starts at. So, if a pet has a higher fire resist than normal, it may have a little less HP or str.

It is still good to hunt for pets that have the highest HP and str within the same slot group. A Cu can have a range of ~514 to ~ 589 HP. That 75 difference will yield 225 points. You wont find such a difference in the resists of a pet tho.

Kaligorn710

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly! They did a good job of still keeping initial tames relevant. Higher strength and HP on tame are of course very important as well in preserving points.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Excellent!
That means Pinco's tame rating is still applicable. Picked up a few 4.+ CUs last night... Woohoo!

Thanks for the replies :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Resists are as important as Health and Strength. On some animals the natural resist range is quite large and you can save 100's of point by looking for the right resist spread (along with Str/Hits)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is still good to hunt for pets that have the highest HP and str within the same slot group. A Cu can have a range of ~514 to ~ 589 HP. That 75 difference will yield 225 points. You wont find such a difference in the resists of a pet tho.
Actually depending on the animal you will.