• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scalis pet

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which is the best pet specifically for Scalis damage? Thanks

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Which is the best pet specifically for Scalis damage? Thanks

Based on this I’d say probably either the GD or the Rune Corruption Giant Beetle. If you have the CuSidhe Blast combo might work okay as well.
Haven’t been to a net toss since before publish so I haven’t yet tried. But I guess since it’s resists are all about uniform it depends on how you lower them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive only done it during shard events. I have used everything. They all do damage. But, something with Chivalry stays alive longer while you are busy healing others and killing the eels.

The RC idea above sounds good.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive only done it during shard events. I have used everything. They all do damage. But, something with Chivalry stays alive longer while you are busy healing others and killing the eels.

The RC idea above sounds good.
Tend to use a Chiv CU for scalis, as they can get overcapped cold/energy and would have capped physical resists, he's always tanking when other pets are being called back or have died. This leaves you to freely heal others. It's the only encounter off the top of my head I tend to favor the CU on. Their damage type also isnt terrible for this encounter. Ill leave it to another tamer to bring the RC.

Last edited:

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tend to use a Chiv CU for scalis, as they can get overcapped cold/energy and would have capped physical resists, he's always tanking when other pets are being called back or have dead. This leaves you to freely heal others. It's the only encounter off the top of my head I tend to favor the CU on. Their damage type also isnt terrible for physical, but cons so. Ill leave it to another tamer to bring the RC.
You can always get a cu and train it to have chivalry, armor ignore, and conductive blast. It cuts the enrgy resist down which is one of its damage types. Add in someone else with the rune corruption and you’ll do a lot of damage when used in tandem, as the RC and the CB stack.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If more than one tamer present, some sort of AoE to keep the eels down helps, but Rune Corruption helps far more.

If running a Cu that keep itself up, don't forget to supplement the pets in use with a ship cannon, if possible. I've been at Scalis fights where we were fighting for over an hour without ship cannons, with the 4 or so fully trained pets barely denting it, but just ONE heavy cannon was doing 1700 points a shot against Scalis. Once we brought the ship in and added the cannon damage, we went from near stalemate to quick victory. But the pets were vital to keep the scalis OFF the cannon user.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, an entire swarm of eels goes down in 1-2 meteor showers with 115 or so EI and a snake slayer spellbook (oddly enough, game thinks eels are snakes)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone know if the Flaming shot Mastery from Archery takes Slayer into account? Would be cool for a snake slayer bow to be able to use it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If more than one tamer present, some sort of AoE to keep the eels down helps, but Rune Corruption helps far more.

If running a Cu that keep itself up, don't forget to supplement the pets in use with a ship cannon, if possible. I've been at Scalis fights where we were fighting for over an hour without ship cannons, with the 4 or so fully trained pets barely denting it, but just ONE heavy cannon was doing 1700 points a shot against Scalis. Once we brought the ship in and added the cannon damage, we went from near stalemate to quick victory. But the pets were vital to keep the scalis OFF the cannon user.
Those pets need some scrolls.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those pets need some scrolls.
There was a trained Cu, a trained rune, but the other tamers brought their 5-slot GDs and frost equivalent. The dragons turned out to be the weak link.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a trained Cu, a trained rune, but the other tamers brought their 5-slot GDs and frost equivalent. The dragons turned out to be the weak link.
Our EM uses a Cold Drake. It was just 3 slot for a long time. It died constantly. She finally has it trained. It dies less often now.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep my Frost dragon got the crap beat out of him and nearly died, had to pull him back and heal him.. So the 5 slot revamp pets did most of the work. The reward was trash points mostly and one half decent item. No major item as usually after all the fuss. That was 3 Scalises tosses..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Back in March, I ran a player-ran event as Governor of Britain on LA.

We tossed 20 white nets, and got 5 Scalis. It went awful that first one, and the 5th sucked because we ran out of ammo for the cannons half-way through.

But it was a fun way to blow a whole day.