• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets are still disengaging in combat ...

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been happening a lot for several days. My pets will all of a sudden stop attacking. Not from the monster invisabling it self - just randomly.

Please look into this.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(I've seen that too, but didn't give it a thought 'til I saw your post here. The next step would be to figure out the circumstances it's most likely to happen.)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems fairly random. It's happened while fighting solo, in groups and so on. So i ain't got the foggies as to whats causing this

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My new tamer has experienced this a lot. Ill have it on Navrey with others pets and it just walks back to me. Wonderfully happy. I put it back on and it may or may not do it again. All the other pets kept fighting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's why a lot of folk put me on ignore at the invasions and the Halloween event... I kept spamming every few moments All guard and all kill... Been doing it since the pet thing came out because yeah... they tend to get bored or something and quit killing things... not really attacking.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's see if we can come up with a common thread to this.

My partner and I, both humans, only have this happen when fighting with our Cu Sidhes.
Yes we are wearing pads. Wondering if a commonality is humans using the Cu's are having this issue.

My nightmares, dragons, dinos, cats, etc don't have this issue. Only the Cu's.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The naja using the all guard command will sit there and watch me take a beating. Primarily spawn though ilsh and T2A. Really noticible during level 1 and 2. Not sure its related, but prior to the pet update my pets would target on amything that agroed on me. Though i primarily used GD and Cu's.I am an elf and experience the cu disengaging on mostly tougher creatures, or if its moving and gets stuck on terrain changing. I really noticed after the publish that disenges the pet from maintaining agro off screen. Its like the tether is a little short; it appears to be same distance of mastery.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can find nothing in common with it. Some of my characters it happens with regularly with every pet in their stable and other characters it never happens with. What I am fighting or the area seems to make zero difference. Taming and lore whether real or jeweled makes no difference. The only thing concrete I have found in this is, out of 22 tamers 19 of them never have it occur 3 of them regularly have it occur. So it does seem to be only a few characters over all experiencing this. And as Mal pointed out the generals invasion you pretty much saw this, one or two pets running back to their owners while most of the pets would keep pounding away. Its not game breaking but it is annoying.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
This has been happening a lot for several days. My pets will all of a sudden stop attacking. Not from the monster invisabling it self - just randomly.

Please look into this.
This has been happening to all my Cu's recently too. They (because its more than one) stops randomly is seems and walks back to me. My tamer is Elf. :bdh: Quick edit: This is happenin on both atlantic and Catskills. Both Tamers are Elf with Cu's.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't help but think this is some kind of "adjustment" to keep tamers from going afk while their critters are killing mobs.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's why a lot of folk put me on ignore at the invasions and the Halloween event... I kept spamming every few moments All guard and all kill...
All pets respond to whispers. I whisper my commands for this very reason. You can also add in a snazzy lil emote like *Snaps fingers* to the whispered "all follow me" command, etc...
I also whisper my "guards bank recdu recsu news vendor buy" bank macro.

In PvP my commands are all whispered. I still LOL:hahaha: when someone dirt naps from the explosion/fs spells followed w/ the delayed whisper ''all kill" (all on 1 macro).
They never see it coming :gee:.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All pets respond to whispers. I whisper my commands for this very reason. You can also add in a snazzy lil emote like *Snaps fingers* to the whispered "all follow me" command, etc...

In PvP my commands are all whispered. I still LOL:hahaha: when someone dirt naps from the explosion/fs spells followed w/ the delayed whisper ''all kill" (all on 1 macro).
I added emotes like *snaps fingers* *holds up hand* *clicks and points* *whistles* etc... but when at large events even that can be annoying.. so yeah I then made an "off" set of just whispers NO emotes... so incase it's something I'm snapping a million commands at I can be totally silent. Unless your standing on me...

I need to redo most of them... and make some for quiet mode deco so I can whisper locking down and such... as that's rather annoying as well and in the midst of RP saying "I wish to release this" is a bit um... mood breaking. As well ... It's always driven me crazy that if you say "I wish to lock this down."... it doesn't work... apparently using proper punctuation is a no no for commands. Who'd of thought a simple period at the end of a sentence would make it not work?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Hmm.. how do you whisper commands? Can it be done in CC?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You just choose whisper instead of Say. Or you can do both.

upload_2017-12-8_21-47-24.png

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
any chance any of your pets have mysticism?
i know my pet that has it casts Sleep a LOT and that disengages all the pets from the mob.
maybe check to see if any of the pets attacking have it.
that will probably be your culprit.
or, if your in tram and someone is being an ass they could be casting it on the mob to make you disengage.
not that anyone would grief other players in tram...... oh heavens no!