• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any plans to fix pet response ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry that all I do is complain, but there's just so much worthy of complaint. Are you going to address pets not listening or are we just eff'd ? 120 tame/lore/vet, well fed etc etc and I can barely get my Cu to stay focused long enough on one target before he goes off across the screen on something else. If I were a Mythic Token Tamer with jewels on, then I could swallow this nonsense, but I'm not and this absolutely affects mine and others gameplay. @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @nevermind #It'saWasteofTime.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When your pet is aggroed by by a new target it goes to fight it.

When your pet does an area spell it can get aggroed by any pet it hits and it goes to fight it.

Any pet with an area spell or a magic other than Chivalry or bushido will hit targets all over the screen and cause an aggo and change targets.

Is this intended because it is part of the pet AI and they just left it in?

Will they adjust pets so they follow commands from their owner until a new command is given?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe my Cu only has Chiv, Healing and Bleed, so Dispel Evil would be the only area affect right ? Regardless, it's like it has no owner at all most times.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe my Cu only has Chiv, Healing and Bleed, so Dispel Evil would be the only area affect right ? Regardless, it's like it has no owner at all most times.
And Holy Light.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think a good solution is to stop pets from automatically performing specials/aoe and casting spells on their own. The tamer should be required to give the pet a command for the pet to do so. It would make tamers much more interesting to play and your pet won't burn through their mana so quickly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a good solution is to stop pets from automatically performing specials/aoe and casting spells on their own. The tamer should be required to give the pet a command for the pet to do so. It would make tamers much more interesting to play and your pet won't burn through their mana so quickly.
Sounds good. We should be able to tell pets when to Dismount and Disarm!

My lesser loves to spam holy light.
Luckily my Lesser and Cu rarely use that spell.