• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confusion with xfer shields

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

I need help of some xfer veterans.

Just to make sure: I have scenario where I want to jump to Atlantic and back to Europa.

So is this right order:
I claim 2 shields at Europa (Europa shield and Atlantic shield). Then I wait month until I get shards.
Then I put BOTH tokens to my backpack. I use Atlantic token... and when I have done business on Atlantic I use European token to get back.

Did I understood it right or....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

I need help of some xfer veterans.

Just to make sure: I have scenario where I want to jump to Atlantic and back to Europa.

So is this right order:
I claim 2 shields at Europa (Europa shield and Atlantic shield). Then I wait month until I get shards.
Then I put BOTH tokens to my backpack. I use Atlantic token... and when I have done business on Atlantic I use European token to get back.

Did I understood it right or....
Yeap thats about right. Just remember you have to wait 24 hours between transfers.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few differences between bought transfer tokens and shield tokens, you are probably aware of them, but just in case.
1. the shield has to be locked down in a house you own, co-own or are friended to.
2. You can only travel to the shard designated on the shield. (I can see you know that one :) )
2. tokens will collect on the shield if not used up to a total of 10
3. only the character and stabled pets can travel, you cannot take loaded pack animals or other unstabled pets with you

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So few questions more:
somebody said that item limit is 300 some said it is 900(packhorses? how to stable them with stuff?) which is correct? Also gold... is it max 1b or unlimited?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So few questions more:
somebody said that item limit is 300 some said it is 900(packhorses? how to stable them with stuff?) which is correct? Also gold... is it max 1b or unlimited?
Using shard shields you can only take your bank contents and what is on you and in your pack and gold that you put in the transfer acct. Can't use packies for shield transfers.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With "normal" (store bought one) token gold is unlimited? How about pack horses? How to stable them with stuff?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With "normal" (store bought one) token gold is unlimited? How about pack horses? How to stable them with stuff?
Not sure what you mean by token gold, but the transfer gold is not limited in either transfer version. You don't stable the packs when using a store cfr token, they get moved to the transfer crate and you unpack them from the crate when you arrive at the destination shard.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The character transfer account for gold/platinum is explained here: Money – Ultima Online
You cannot stable loaded pack horses under any conditions, for transfers just ensure that the last command you give them is 'follow me'. If told to 'stay' they will stay - on the shard you're leaving!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything you transfer will be in the transfer crate except the bank items and gold. You can take stuff out right away or you can click on yourself and open it from the menu.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's very important that you make sure to say "all follow me" before you transfer with packhorses also... otherwise they get permanently stuck on the original shard and you end up losing everything on them when they eventually release themselves, since your character cannot get them or feed them due to being on the new shard.

You can transfer unlimited gold and platinums with both shard shield and regular tokens. The most I've transferred at one time was 120 platinum in one transfer (collection of many people's rares festival gold).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The character transfer account for gold/platinum is explained here: Money – Ultima Online
You cannot stable loaded pack horses under any conditions, for transfers just ensure that the last command you give them is 'follow me'. If told to 'stay' they will stay - on the shard you're leaving!
I think they might have fixed that, transfer I did last night I left all 5 packies standing by the chest I put in them and forgot to say all follow me and they all went to the crate and made the trip. Was quite happy upon arrival to see all 5 in the crate instead standing around on the starting shard.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's very important that you make sure to say "all follow me" before you transfer with packhorses also... otherwise they get permanently stuck on the original shard and you end up losing everything on them when they eventually release themselves, since your character cannot get them or feed them due to being on the new shard.

You can transfer unlimited gold and platinums with both shard shield and regular tokens. The most I've transferred at one time was 120 platinum in oen transfer (collection of many people's rares festival gold).
Always worthwhile to add a friend to the packies on another acct as insurance :)