• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

are the artisian reward same as last year

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just dont wanna waste half my xmas again

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are new rewards, but those are added to the existing ones, if I understand correctly.

So, instead of 2 possible (by karma) pillows, or lanterns, or statues, there are now 4.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies theres semss t be a fresh new 16 ......4x4 set......mmmm maybe ill do 2 shards,, and NOT atlantc.. they were piss poor last last year compared to others smaller shards ,,,lolx

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure why people keep saying (with disappointment) that the reward is the same as last year. There are twice as many rewards as last year, but continuing the same virtue theme of naughty and nice to add on to the collection.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Most of the people I know didn't want the gifts, just the boxes, the gifts themselves I didn't particularly like, mine are all still inside their gift boxes...:oops:

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
You decide, 4 new ones but they are the "same design".
    • 2016 Honor, Sacrifice, Hythloth, and Destard themed paper lanterns. 2017 Scales, Crook, Coin, Sceptre (top row shows unlit lanterns, lower rows lit lanterns)

• Can be turned on an off by double clicking, function as a light source
    • 2016 Compassion, Honesty, Wrong, and Shame. 2017 Swords, Ankh, Mask, Axe themed throw pillows
    • 2016: Valor, Spirituality, Despise, and Deceit themed wood sculptures. 2017 Sculptures Chalice, Tear Drop, Moon, Skull
    • Animated, can be turned on and off by double clicking
    • 2016 Justice, Humility, Covetous, and Pride. 2017 Heart, Hand, Broken Shield, Unbalanced Scales themed paintings

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you animate the sculptures? I've tried locking one down and also tried securing it. When I click on it, it does nothing. It's a plain looking wooden sword stuck in a base.
wooden sword reward.JPG

The only option I get when I click on it is to retrieve it. Double clicking it gets the message, "You are not allowed to access this." The character I'm using is a co-owner of the house.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
sigh Well out of the four gifts, I only received one new one. Now to decide if I want to waste those large bods for a gift. RNG and I don't get along, heck it took 10 years to finally get a cc.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So that's a "broken shield" on the painting? I've been wondering what it was lol Not really into the virtue thing so I had no idea. Had no idea that was a coin on the lantern either.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I barely participated last year so it was nice for me this year to get the 2016 items. However, I think it would have been much better this year to just give out the 2017 items. I would have been happy to trade or buy the 2016 items if I'd really wanted them. If this happens again next year, I hope there will be no repeated items, just new items.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Rewards are mixed this year meaning you may get one of the new items or you could get one of the old types from last year.

I have multiple accounts to turn in with ( good karma and bad ) so there are only three of the new things I need, but am confident I will get them on the next couple of trees.But I can see how people that don't play as much as the Uo addicts like me and others would find this system irritating, especially if you are only using 5, 6, ot 7 toons to turn in with.

upload_2017-12-4_15-32-54.png

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Rewards are mixed this year meaning you may get one of the new items or you could get one of the old types from last year.

I have multiple accounts to turn in with ( good karma and bad ) so there are only three of the new things I need, but am confident I will get them on the next couple of trees.But I can see how people that don't play as much as the Uo addicts like me and others would find this system irritating, especially if you are only using 5, 6, ot 7 toons to turn in with.

View attachment 74776
Or you may get nothing like my toons. Disappointing really to work that hard and get the message that none of your characters earned the reward. Discouraging enough to make me not bother for the rest.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

View attachment 74776
Another thing is I think many of the lower population shards burned through all their bods on the first tree. I'll be interested in seeing which shards can repeat it with another tree. I had 25 toons get gifts and the RNG was horrible. Half my gifts were from last year and the new gifts I got a lot of doubles and even a triple on the pillows and lanterns which I wasn't very interested in. I got 2 paintings and 2 sculptures which just happened to be the ones I didn't want lol. But it's better than nothing. So throwing in the 2016 gifts was a bummer for me and I'll be amazed to see Legends get another tree up. We went through to the large tree with bulbs in a few hours Friday and it then took the rest of Friday, Saturday and into Sunday afternoon to finish the last stage. So my guts tells me LBODs are rare on Legends today lol

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My only suggestion to people like you, Kyo and Lucky, would be to go to the shards with the trees complete and get your rewards there and find someone that you can trust to bring them over to your home shards with the transfer tokens.
It's not convenient, but it is one way around your dilemma with the low shard populations

I still have some on Great Lakes that are sitting in my bank until I get around to transferring over to Chesapeake :blushing:

upload_2017-12-4_16-47-27.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got 3 new out of 10 on Atl. 4 new of 14 on LS. A 1 day old toon can get gift.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did it on four shards and ended up with 51 of the 2016 rewards and 45 of the 2017 rewards.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
My only suggestion to people like you, Kyo and Lucky, would be to go to the shards with the trees complete and get your rewards there and find someone that you can trust to bring them over to your home shards with the transfer tokens.
It's not convenient, but it is one way around your dilemma with the low shard populations

I still have some on Great Lakes that are sitting in my bank until I get around to transferring over to Chesapeake :blushing:

View attachment 74777
Its not the rewards I want. I created new toon names this year for the NAMED gift boxes. I will toss the rewards out LOL! I'm interested in the named boxes with my new character names (Christmas Carol, Melf the Elf, Miss Elf, Santa's Helper etc) Sooooo..... I will have to do it on Atlantic I suppose bunny hope the special boxes over when and if I get the gift boxes. (Yes, I am moaning and whinging a bit here)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First round: 1 new tapestry, 3 new sculptures, 1 new pillow.

This is the first year my 2 neg karma people got drops, so that's 1 sculpture and 1 pillow down, 3 to go to try to fill the set.
I got 3 or 4 old items (all positive karma), and a duplicate new sculpture.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its not the rewards I want. I created new toon names this year for the NAMED gift boxes. I will toss the rewards out LOL! I'm interested in the named boxes with my new character names (Christmas Carol, Melf the Elf, Miss Elf, Santa's Helper etc) Sooooo..... I will have to do it on Atlantic I suppose bunny hope the special boxes over when and if I get the gift boxes. (Yes, I am moaning and whinging a bit here)
I use the boxes when others are bringing stuff for me from Atlantic. Has my toons name on them so when it gets to LS, they know who to give it to. Fill those BODs Atlantic!

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I use the boxes when others are bringing stuff for me from Atlantic. Has my toons name on them so when it gets to LS, they know who to give it to. Fill those BODs Atlantic!
I have been too lately! (Atl to Catskills) Its a terrific idea! that way, those moving the goods for me, know who they are moving for! :cheerleader: