• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BODs BODs BODs

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So, after receiving quite a bit of criticism from guild mates and people on here for being lazy and not making a mule, I have made one. Thankfully I have done it before and can get my skills up pretty quick.

Now, BODs, I have none and need to start. So, how do you guys organize all of yours? Need some help because I am OCD when it comes to my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grab a bod book and fill it to 350 then secure a pouch in my house and drop it in there.....i'm upto 23 full books now and still cannot fill the only damb L-bod i'm interested in filling.

Hopefully soon one of the Devs will figure out how to make them like SoT books and ACTUALLY useable while they are locked down......
:facepalm:

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know alot of people organize their bods by ore/leather color, i dont. With bribing i dont see the need to do this, I organize by bod type only. For example with Smithing i have a books for Plate/Chain/Ring/Weapons and then there are bods which do not fit into the Lbod scheme which i usually reserve for pofs and lesser hammers, these are the helms (except plate helm) female plate and shield bods. For smithing alone i have 5 vendors to store the books in. In total i probably have around 25 vendors for bodding.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just kind of put them everywhere in no apparent order and then never touch them again because there's so much else to do with my life like pick at my toenails.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put each skill in the same book at first. Then separate when the book gets bulky. I don't keep BODs that dont fit into a large. Except Smith items that will make PoF.

Last year we were in a group one day. A guy had his tailor cloth books in alphabetical order. I got the Hs. I made half aprons for two hours and didn't make a dent.

This will help you see what makes points.

Bulk Orders – Ultima Online

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just kind of put them everywhere in no apparent order and then never touch them again because there's so much else to do with my life like pick at my toenails.
I just say "Shanders! I came across some of those BOD things... Do you want them???" And I dump that junk off with her... From time to time I ask her for some PoF or something else like a Plum Tree or something... but more often than not I just ignore the whole bod thing.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, in general I store them by type of bod. Its cute that bod books can sort by Tailor/Smith/Inscription etc. but I would never mix them in books because I'm working/filling one type at a time. Having more than one kind in a book only happens for me when I make a mistake.

Within the types of bods it depends on how big your collection is. At small collections (5k or less) then I would say sort them by large bod type:

Tailor
-------------------------
Tailor Large Bod Book
Cloth Smalls
Bone Smalls
Studded Armor Smalls
Female 6 Piece Smalls
Male 6 Piece Smalls
Footwear

For Smith
---------------------------
Smith Large Bods
Iron Smalls
Iron POF Non Combine (shields and such that don't combine into a weapon or armor large can be upgraded to DC and beyond for Powder of Fort)
Ring Mail Smalls
Chain Mail Smalls
Plate Mail Smalls

For Alchemy (only explo and poison larges really have a good reward with the dye)
--------------------------
Alchemy Large Bods
Alchemy MIsc Bods
Alchemy Explosion Smalls
Alchemy Poison Smalls

As your collection grows you can expand the number of sorting of books. If EA would have ever added a 'alphabetical' sort to the bod books you wouldn't have to do this but I sort mine by name at some point.

Example :

Footwear (Tailor)
------------------------
Sandals bk1
Sandals bk2
Sandals bk3
Thigh Boots bk1
Thigh Boots Bk2 etc

I keep them to either 100 or 125 in a book so that its easy to put in your back and remove stuff when you have a full pack. As I fill up one book with 125 - I start a new one. The highest number is always a partial book.

When I collect bods I have a 'Tailor Unsorted' and 'Smith Unsorted' in my back and I fill them up. Once they get to 100 or 150 or so I sit down and sort them into their individual books on my vendors. I hold my books on vendors because it would be storage prohibitive to do so in a house.

I've asked several times for them to make bod books like SOA, PS and other books - 1 lockdown per book. Then I wouldnt' need all these vendors cluttering up people's screens when they walk by my house.

Edit: I also didn't explain why I have them sorted like this. The idea of bod sorting is for filling them and usually fitting into larges. The larges are your best bet for points and rewards. Not many small bods have a worthwhile turn in point except for smith smalls that can get you powder for fortification (DC EX 20 and up or gold 20 normal and up). With bribing you can bribe things up to get a better bod so having the same kind in a book makes sense.

For example if I'm filling a Barb kit worthy 20 Female Horned Ex 15 set here is how I work. If I am looking for a Female Bustier 15 Horned EX bod - its best to look in a book of all Female Bustier bods. Why? Because if I don't have the 15 Horn ex - my next best option to bribe up is a 15 EX spined because there is maybe a 70% chance it will go to Horn 15 ex and 30% chance it goes to spined 20 ex. If the later then I put it back in the book and bribe another 15 spined and resort to 15 leather ex next. Or 10 Horn ex etc. At any rate, if I have my female 6 piece smalls across 4 or 5 books and all 6 kinds mixed - I have to go to each book to look for horned 15 ex bustier that might or might not exist. Having in 1 or 2 books right away allows me to grab it or grab a bribing bod or two and head to the tailor to bribe up. I fill by larges I get as I always have less larges than I have smalls to fill. So the smalls set around till I get a large then I bribe ones to match if needed to fill it. I may start by bribing the large to a reward I like. Depends on the cost and how far the large needs to be bribed. Bone larges I likely won't bribe all the way to 20 Barb ex for the barb kit - i'll just go high enough for a horn kit - whatever bribe chain that is - then don't waste any more $$ bribing and try to fill. Always try to keep your bribed larges to lowest leather and quantity if possible.

Just in case people don't know bribing goes as follows :

When you bribe - it can increase the Quality (normal to ex), quantity (10 to 15 to 20) or the material (Leather to Spined to Horn to Barb).

If one of those options is not possible -then it will default to one of the other two (example : cloth can't be anything but cloth so it will only upgrade quantity or normal/ex).

I have no proof but in general it seems to upgrade Material most likely, then quantity, the quality. IE - if you bribe a leather 10 normal bod here is the most likely outcomes :

Spined 10 normal
Leather 15 normal
Leather 10 Exceptional

For this reason is always good to start with the quality level you want then muck around with quantity and material. You are less likely to see a normal bod upgrade to ex if all 3 options are in play. Now with cloth - if its already 20 nm cloth - the only option is 20 ex cloth so it will upgrade.

Hope this helps. I could write a book on bods but then like 4 people would read it. I have 30,000+ that I can never really get on top of.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, after receiving quite a bit of criticism from guild mates and people on here for being lazy and not making a mule, I have made one. Thankfully I have done it before and can get my skills up pretty quick.

Now, BODs, I have none and need to start. So, how do you guys organize all of yours? Need some help because I am OCD when it comes to my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smithing stuff, I have 3 books per ore for smalls - weapons (all), armor & helms, shields. For larges, one book per ore - all items. I use UO Bullk Order Deeds (3rd party) to track the stuff (see below). Periodically I hoe out dupes and trips in the smalls to simply get a mass quantity of them back. For BOD runs I have one book labeled "New BODs" that I collect all of the stuff into, then splitit out when I hit the house.

Tailor stuff, almost the same but one book for each material - a small and a large.

Carpentry, Inscription , etc ... not into these so can't help.

(*) UO Bulk Order Deeds ... while not approved, it doesn't use any of the data stream. What it does allow is the use of UOAssist Vendor Agent to build the BOD list. You can use this program totally offline/independent of the game.

Last edited: