• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making a List of UO "Small Luxuries"

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to add to the spreadsheet on the availability/prices of basic items by adding another page on the availability of what I'll call "small luxuries." What I'm talking about are things like vet rewards, old holiday/anniversary gifts, artifacts, quest drops, etc. that one would likely see going on a tour of houses or standing in Luna and looking at what characters are wearing. I'm definitely NOT talking about EM event drops and I'm not talking about items that have been crafted or enhanced by players that can have varying properties. My problem is I really don't know what to include on the list because I try to play UO as cheaply as I can so I really don't know what most players consider important to their playstyle that take some extra effort or gold to get.

Here are a few things I can think of to start the list and give an idea of what I'm wanting to put on the list:

• Vet reward dye tubs
  • Music boxes
  • Ladders
  • Crystal and corrupted crystal portals, serpent's jawbone, moonstone crystal
  • Commodity deed box
  • Davies' Locker
  • Mana phasing orb
  • Birds of Britannia talisman
  • Nightsight earrings
  • Soles of Providence
  • Robe of the Eclipse
  • Scrappers compendium (with the basic mods)
  • Pendant of the Magi
  • Alchemist's Bauble
  • Shadow Dancer leggings
  • Burglar's bandana
  • Scrolls of Alacrity, Scrolls of Transcendence, Power Scroll Book
This time around, though, instead of showing the lowest cost found for the item on a particular shard, I will probably just show whether or not it shows up in vendor search.

So, can you help me with some suggestions of what to include? I know this is going to be large but I also think it will be interesting to see what people think are the most commonly used items that are a step or several steps above just being a "basic" item in UO. I hope that makes sense. I think it would be beneficial to get an idea of how available these items are on every shard via vendor search and not just on Atlantic and a couple of other more-populated shards.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some things I think could be useful and not over the top expensive. Several of the library talismans, reading glasses, Tome of Lost Knowledge, Ornament of the Magician, Inquisitor Resolution gloves, Despicable Quiver or Unforgiven Veil, Hailstorm, Hephaestus shield, Totem of the Void talisman, Spirit of the Totem, Hunter's Headdress, Prismatic Lenses, Mempo of Fortune, Tangle, Crimson Cincture, Conjurer's Grimoire, Conjurer's Trinket, Invasion Spellbooks, Compassion's Eye ring, Gladiators Collar, Jackals Collar, Captain John's Hat, Corgul's Sash, Spell Focusing Sash, Ironwood Composite Bow, Shroud of the Condemned, Staff of the Magi, Hat of the Magi, Dr. Spector's Lenses, Britches of Warding, Gloves of Feudal Grip, Cuffs of the Archmage, Cloak of Death, Cloak of Silence, Conjurer's Garb Robe with or without luck, Clean up Britannia talismans like Lucky Charm, Duelist's Edge etc. That is a few things that could be on the list. I'm sure there is a lot more but hopefully that is a decent start. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mr. Bug has a good list. Pads of Cu Sidhe!!! I would add all the imbuing items for the common properties. Crystal shards, precision, singularity, order, fairy dust, achievement, diligence, control, shaga, boura pelt, fungi, seed of renewal, silver snake skin, void orb. etc

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i think 'luxuries' is wrong word. i think u mean 'decent equipment that's not-too-hard or not-too-expensive 2 get.' is that right?

Gauntlets of nobility (original doom arti, do NOT use gloves of feudal grip, that's a new doom arti, much harder 2 get)
jackal's collar (same)
rune beetle carapace (treasure of tok major)
stormgrip (treausre of tok major)
heart of the lion (plate breastplate with 15 DCI and ok resists, AWESOME!, ilshenar artifact)
violet courage (same as hart but woman only)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple of my characters wear the kelp leggings and bronzed armor of the valkyrie

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Navery Night Eyes... a few of my characters use them.

Kelp Leggings are also good.

A good -29 Mage wand... (This is a GREAT way to train up Magery without getting discorded) I've taught several new players how to use that to lower your magery making it faster to gain skill... Always wish there was one for Mysticism and Spellweaving.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Navery Night Eyes... a few of my characters use them.

Kelp Leggings are also good.

A good -29 Mage wand... (This is a GREAT way to train up Magery without getting discorded) I've taught several new players how to use that to lower your magery making it faster to gain skill... Always wish there was one for Mysticism and Spellweaving.
You can at 90 mysticism. Just get a spell channeling weapon with a level 1 mysticism primer. Mystic weapon takes of 15 at level 1. I did this and it really helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
this thread has made me realise something awsome.

my best advice 2 a new player would b 2, after noob quests, get out and kill things and cobble equipment together. lots of stuff u can get from looting & cobbling together.

y is this awesome? because it's the same i'd have said 2 a noob 17 to 20 years ago!

only now it's better 'cos next thing is, 'after u learn what works for u and ur char, work with crafters 2 make something that uniquely urs.'