• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamed pets facing northeast

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here's a funny question ...

I have two tamed (ordinary) cats. Recently I moved from Moonglow to Trinsic and brought them with me.

In Moonglow they roamed the house and garden (via teleporters) like cats do, but in the Trinsic house (with teleporters) they only move to the northeast corner in the room I place them, and then just stand there mewing.

Is this a glitch? Perhaps it's because I took them from their 'natural area'? Or is it something else?
Most importantly, can it be fixed? They aren't very fun atm. ;)

(I have tried release them and re-tame, but that didnt' change anything).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So here's a funny question ...

I have two tamed (ordinary) cats. Recently I moved from Moonglow to Trinsic and brought them with me.

In Moonglow they roamed the house and garden (via teleporters) like cats do, but in the Trinsic house (with teleporters) they only move to the northeast corner in the room I place them, and then just stand there mewing.

Is this a glitch? Perhaps it's because I took them from their 'natural area'? Or is it something else?
Most importantly, can it be fixed? They aren't very fun atm. ;)

(I have tried release them and re-tame, but that didnt' change anything).
feed them

Reactions: Mil

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
feed them
Thanks. I've tried that to no avail. When they came to the house they were bonded. I tried release and fed them a few pieces of meat.
I just fed one of them 100+ raw ribs and it didn't help. I'll keep try until they are bonded again, but I wonder if it will help since they did the N'O' corner thing even when they were bonded.

Last edited:

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I notice that when I leave my Pack pet's in my house, they always run to the northeast corner of any room. These pets are not bonded. However, I live on Fire Isle and if a turkey gets into my house, it seems to roam around and stay there for a good while but eventually finds the teleporter out and goes along its merry way lol.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice that when I leave my Pack pet's in my house, they always run to the northeast corner of any room. These pets are not bonded. However, I live on Fire Isle and if a turkey gets into my house, it seems to roam around and stay there for a good while but eventually finds the teleporter out and goes along its merry way lol.
Thank you! Perhaps that's it... my cats are not native of the area, thus they try to "go home". I will try find a native cat, tame it and see if it acts differently.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for reference if anybody else faces my problem in the future.
I tamed a local cat around my new house, and she happily roams all over the house.

Thus I will release the other two "north-east-facing" cats back to Moonglow where I tamed them, since they obviously miss their old home.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just for reference if anybody else faces my problem in the future.
I tamed a local cat around my new house, and she happily roams all over the house.

Thus I will release the other two "north-east-facing" cats back to Moonglow where I tamed them, since they obviously miss their old home.
Interesting. Thanks.