• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstone with no house

Orlac

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Reading UO Guide I see "A player may only use a Soulstone in a safe log-out location, such as an inn or house..." Does this still apply? I have grown to like a character on a secondary shard and would like to stone skills.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really need a second acct to pass the stone from character to character on the primary acct. upstairs luna where you are at an in and can access bank at the same time works well for this.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have accounts on all shards ill be happy to help just yip at me when you need help

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you have 2 accounts just open up a 2nd instance of UO so you can use both accounts at the same time.
that way you dont have to hide them behind the walls or leave them on the floor and such.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to use walls and floors, or even a second account. Just get a boat! For almost a year I had characters on Cats living in Jhelom inn with a couple of Tokuno ships parked by Jhelom bank for transfering stuff between my characters.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't need to use walls and floors, or even a second account. Just get a boat! For almost a year I had characters on Cats living in Jhelom inn with a couple of Tokuno ships parked by Jhelom bank for transfering stuff between my characters.
Good option - I forget, do boats decay if you leave them in the water without using them for a while? Could a pirate ship come along and sink it?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good option - I forget, do boats decay if you leave them in the water without using them for a while? Could a pirate ship come along and sink it?
Yes, they decay after a week or two if you don't manually refresh them. If the boat is in Felucca, yes a pirate ship could stumble across it and destroy it. That doesn't happen in Trammel though.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They do, but at the time I was logging in and playing those characters daily. I emptied and dry docked the boats when I stopped playing there.
For the purposes of transfering a soulstone though you would only need to launch the boat, put the soulstone safely in the hold, remove it with the character that needed to use it, dry dock the boat and go to the inn to use the stone. Then put the stone and the boat in the bank when finished.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only have one account and using boats is what I do. Each char has a High Seas style boat, so yes I have 6 boats in the water on several shards. I keep a rune book dyed blue on each char with runes to all the boats per shard. You can leave the security set to "No Access" and "Never" for party, if you have a rune you will be able to recall to the ship. The only thing sketchy was that initial drop of getting runes to each char.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have one account and using boats is what I do. Each char has a High Seas style boat, so yes I have 6 boats in the water on several shards. I keep a rune book dyed blue on each char with runes to all the boats per shard. You can leave the security set to "No Access" and "Never" for party, if you have a rune you will be able to recall to the ship. The only thing sketchy was that initial drop of getting runes to each char.
Don't move the rune, move the characters. Launch the boats at a dock, Visit each boat with a character that can mark; mark sufficient runes for every char and leave in the hold of the most easily accessible boat, then just log on each character, picking up their runes.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When endless journeys is released, you can open up one of those accounts to pass items as well. Might also want to train a spellweaver to help those trying to get arcane circles on this endless journeys account.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the box inside luna inn, or simular, its not like anyone would notice it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Use the box inside luna inn, or simular, its not like anyone would notice it.
Upstairs at umbra inn - most people don't even know the room on the middle floor exists.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Upstairs at umbra inn - most people don't even know the room on the middle floor exists.
I used the dressers in the Papau Inn when T2A came out. Never lost a thing.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a trial account. Only good for 14 days, so be careful. I use this method, since dropping two accounts, to collect gifts at various times of the year.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Something I did before we had a 2nd computer (WIFI) get a pack horse, be sure to first log out the character that you wish to get the items is logged out on the street and not an instant logging place. Then logging in on the account that has the pack horse friend that horse to the first character account, place an item in it, log out, logging back in on the other account remove the item from it log back to the other account retrieving your pack horse for another day.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Reading UO Guide I see "A player may only use a Soulstone in a safe log-out location, such as an inn or house..." Does this still apply? I have grown to like a character on a secondary shard and would like to stone skills.
I have a house on LA - S of Luna - that I'll friend you to for safe stoning. If you want. PM me if interested.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When endless journeys is released, you can open up one of those accounts to pass items as well. Might also want to train a spellweaver to help those trying to get arcane circles on this endless journeys account.
Spellweaver, that's the plan. Endless spellweaver journey