• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damage to Pets

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna
Is there any hope with the bug publish that there is a way to alter the damage taken numbers in Classic Client to be yellow (for pets)
Enhanced specified dealt vs taken but CC doesn’t. Often I don’t know if the huge number is what is dealt by my pet or taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug has been submitted many times by me:

2013 in the then official bug tracking forum General - Pet Damage text
then again in 2016 Stoppit and Tidyup
then again in testing for pub 97 NEWS - [UO.Com] Final TC1 Release for Pub 97
then again in testing for pub 98 NEWS - [UO.Com] Publish 98 Comes to TC1

The latest news letter (Ultima Online Newsletter

Advised "After we publish out Endless Journey we are going to do a bug publish, we would love your input as to which bugs you would like to see fixed the most. Please contact us with which bug you would like to see fixed the most so we can begin to prioritize them."

I emailed details of this bug, along with 16 others on 11/11/17. However did not receive acknowledgement of the bug, or even acknowledgement of the email.

weeeeeeeeee

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a full listing of bugs i have submitted for publish 99:
Please see a list of the bugs i'd like to prioritised for publish 99:

:The bug i experience is: When playing a red, During the VvV town invasions, i get guard wacked from casting any aggressive area effect by guard npcs that are walking around the town.

The expected result is: The guards do not wack red players, guards are supposed to be inactive during the invasion

The actual result is: The guards wack red players

:The bug i experience is: When standing on uneven ground, If you cast an area effect spell such as arch cure or hail storm and use targer self (using uo assist) in classic client, not sure if it is true also in enhanced client.

The expected result is: The spell is cast

The actual result is: Receive a cliloc that reads "target cannot be seen" and spell is not cast.

3:
The bug i experience is: On classic client only, when you drag a pet's healthbar and someone mounts the pet.

The expected result is: You do not lose the healthbar but it greys out like when the pet goes offscreen.

The actual result is: You lose the healthbar.

Please note on this bug, Kyronix incorrectly stated that this was working as intended and you should also lose the healthbar on enhanced client, however Bleak will agree this is not correct.

4:
The bug i experience is: When you cast a revenant on someone and they enter a guardzone

The expected result is: The revenant continues to attack the player depending on the flag status, meaning if the player can legitimately call the guards on the revenant then the revenant should dissapear, however if the player who has the revenant on him has aggressed, the revenant should not dissapear.

The actual result is: The revenant dissapears in guardzone regardless of flag status.

5:
The bug i experience is: when i attempt to regorge a Gnarled Staff.

The expected result is: able to reforge gnarled staff

The actual result is: unable to reforge gnarled staff

6:
Exploit (hidden details)

7:
Exploit (hidden details)
8:
The bug i experience is: On Classic Client, when a party is broken

The expected result is: The healthbars of the players in the party revert back to normal healthbars, your own character status remains.

The actual result is: you lose all the healthbars of the players in the party and your own character status closes.

9:
The bug i experience is: When doing the despise champion spawn, when it reaches last level and there are roughly 10+ people on the screen, you cannot move or perform any action, as if you are experiencing severe lag, worse than an EM event wth 100+ people on the screen. I beleive it happens on both clients.

The expected result is: normal game speed.

The actual result is: unable to move or perform any action.

10:
The bug i experience is: When you kill the dragon turtle champ in fel, any shard.

The expected result is: a moongate to the star room appears on the altar

The actual result is: no moongate appears.

11:
The bug i experience is: Switching armour on a mannequin

The expected result is: The armour including the talisman is switched

The actual result is: All armour except the talisman is switched.

12:
The bug i experience is: On Classic Client, when my pet attacks a mobile.

The expected result is: The damage my pet receives shows up in Yellow numbers and damage dealt in Red numbers.

The actual result is:Both damages show as red numbers.

13:
The bug i experience is: Both clients, when you cast any spell on a player that has a delay in the damage, and the player moves to another server, i.e the player walks in and out of a dungeon entrance.

The expected result is: The spell damages the player when they emerge in/out of the dungeon.

The actual result is: No damage is dealt.

14:
The bug i experience is: Inconsistent system messages for insufficient mana on magery spells.

The expected result is: When you have insufficient mana to perform an action, a cliloc should read. "You must have at least x mana to use this ability.

The actual result is: Red text above the player's head that reads "Insufficient mana for this spell"

15:
The bug i experience is: Both Clients, decription of "word of death" spell in spellweaving spellbook.

The expected result is: Should read Min.Skill: 83

The actual result is: reads Min.Skill: 80

16:
The bug i experience is: When you have magic reflect casted with and you log out and in. Both clients.

The expected result is: The spellpool is saved from when you log out.

The actual result is: Spellpool reads: Magic reflection Error (TID) Token out of range: 7 1149979

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#2 I can say for sure that in the EC the result is the same... Target can not be seen...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice work @Mervyn .

#13 I can guess it would be difficult to fix this. Do we really need to have something following us into the boundry zones? No telling what other issues this would cause.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im pretty sure bug 2, is uoassist related, because if you target your own health bar, or use the ingame "target self" witch for some obscure reason you cant bind to a mouse wheel like in uoassist. u get the desired result.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice work @Mervyn .

#13 I can guess it would be difficult to fix this. Do we really need to have something following us into the boundry zones? No telling what other issues this would cause.
Have you ever tried to kill someone while they troll you by walking in and out of a dungeon? or accross a server line.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you ever tried to kill someone while they troll you by walking in and out of a dungeon? or accross a server line.
Nope. Do you always hang around those spots? You cant play in other areas since this is an issue? J/K I dont care where you play.

The issue: When they make spells follow you, someone will decide to drag a powerscroll book while they cross, and they will get a second one.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you suggesting that the devs are incompitent to be able to fix one issue without causing another? If that is the case, they may aswell not bother trying to fix any bugs.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
are you suggesting that the devs are incompitent to be able to fix one issue without causing another? If that is the case, they may aswell not bother trying to fix any bugs.
Call your pants Mervyn. It’s a known fact of life that when something gets fixed something else breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk