• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguars Tactics

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So now I’m running 3 accounts and I have the manpower to do the roof alone. I only do it with tamers or a samp/combo, although the latter is a bit more difficult.
I’m trying to spice things up a bit and I was wondering some of the different tactics people use fighting in groups. What pets, templates, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, there is currently a nice bug, no spawn appears when you attack the bosses on the roof with tamers. It makes it very easy to kill afk.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not much tactics needed, just be a tamer as far as I can tell.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pair of tamers with greater dragons. Tell them to stop when Anon goes elemental. Death ray Virtuebane when he goes into super-regenerate mode.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
2 tamers, 1 chiv/ai cold drake, 1 chiv/ai energy drake.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I get the cold one for Virtuebane, but why energy?
Second lowest resist for Virtuebane is energy. Sometimes down to 50s even.
And with cold and energy, you don't have to bother with Anon. He won't ever regen enough HP to make up for the damage he is taking when he transforms into his elemental form.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hm....
Maybe my way is easier then.
I multi client 3 accounts.
One with rune corruption armor ignore poison GB and the others with armor ignore chivalry cus with conductive blast. Ozzy was dead in 58 seconds (took a video for proof). Virtuebane took 2.5 minutes (lored it at one point and energy resist was 18). Juonar is a not the easiest because of his area spam (hard to keep three clients alive at the same time).
Anon I just had the cus keep attacking him all the way through. Didn’t take long and never regened enough health because the constant armor ignore and the physical damage kept his HP low.
Ended up getting drops on 2/3 clients.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pair of tamers with greater dragons. Tell them to stop when Anon goes elemental.
I just get him into poison elemental form at the start then you don't need to pull pets off. Once he is poison elemental he stays in it until he dies.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just get him into poison elemental form at the start then you don't need to pull pets off. Once he is poison elemental he stays in it until he dies.
For someone who has never been to the Roof yet, the next logical question seems to be: How do you get him into poison elemental form? :) Big thank you to everyone sharing their knowledge here!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone who has never been to the Roof yet, the next logical question seems to be: How do you get him into poison elemental form? :) Big thank you to everyone sharing their knowledge here!
I just hold 100% poison weapon and cast word of death on him.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 3 accounts, 2 cu with chiv/ai/conductive blast and my third account has a 3 slot 100% poison drake with area of nausea, ai and poison and 2 slot blue beetle with rune corruption and ai. You can also hold a 100% poison weapon and use wither to turn anon to poison form.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the roof, but nice bug in the orchard where you can feed the apple to your pet while you figure out the pairs.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A trick for Juonar is to have all the pets guard a single character then run the other characters several screens off so they don’t get sucked in. As soon as he hits the guarded character with anything all the pets attack and you only have to worry about keeping one character alive.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the room with the greater dragon, you can cast a tree with spellweave mastery and when he comes towards it spam evil omen on him. Eventually hell tele near it and walk off the the top so you can use all chars to kill the dragon. Another tip for yas.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For the room with the greater dragon, you can cast a tree with spellweave mastery and when he comes towards it spam evil omen on him. Eventually hell tele near it and walk off the the top so you can use all chars to kill the dragon. Another tip for yas.
Didn’t know if it still worked. Tried it a few times and it went but lately can’t get it to work

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, there is currently a nice bug, no spawn appears when you attack the bosses on the roof with tamers. It makes it very easy to kill afk.
lol @ the roof bosses being easy to kill afk. Anon (with non-physical damage pets) & Ozy were ridiculously easy before the consume damage change. Juo'nar could be handled with the aforementioned guard method, while the tamer on-screen with it healed non-stop. Virtuebane, I actually had to use the two tamers I brought in. One did the e-fielding and healing until mana ran out, then he passively regen'd while the other tamer did the job.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have tried this tonight and it i think will be my go to.
Using the guard method on Juonar after discording him.
Anon just stick on discord RC beetle and two cus.
Virtuebane just have all attack. Doesn’t take much he is pretty simple. Just have the tankwith consumer damage and 20 hpr after training and took no effort. Just made sure to keep respectable distance for when he explodes.
Ozy takes no work. Just stick pets and disco and he dies pretty quick.
Have a discord tamer, a weaving tamer, and hiding tamer.
Discord is obvious. Weaving for dropping WODs below 10% to avoid spawn.
And hiding tamer to run when things get dicey for res if need be.
Whole thing from start to finish took 15 min.
Rooms take about 30 min.
Just makes me mad because I keep getting same drops.
Have gotten the full set of grimoires(not too mad about this)
About 100~ obis
15 of the bows
30+ earrings
50~ of the grugor shields
And about 100 of the damn Paladin swords.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can solo the roof pretty easy with a sampire. Did it twice, no drops, never bothered again with how long the rooms took.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’ve done it with a sampire/bard by multi clients. Just a pain in the *** because ozy parries everything even under disco. Virtuebane and Juonar drop like flies with a sampire, and anon once he is in poison elemental form takes 2 secs with an elemental slayer weapon.
I think I’ll look into taking a tamer in there with the sampire just for taking down Ozy. Other than him Shadowguard is cake with a sampire.
Rooms take no time at all either.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It can be tricky. What we typically have is someone who has a second client usually finishes the rooms with a dexxer. Have them stay until Anon pops. Hit him with a few 100 poison weapon shots. As soon he goes poison Welt have them exit party and leave shadowguard and they don’t have to redo the rooms. Obviously not the best when soloing it, but for huge groups where it’s more fair if everyone only uses one client it can be very helpful

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Keep doing it. Will need more than 5. Also make sure nothing else is attacking him. Pets for example.
So much easier and quicker just to attack him if you are with two or more tamers. He dies in like a minute... few times I left someone do the poison weapon strat we were waiting forever... unless your pets are all the same damage type, then I can see the poison weapon making sense.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
HOW DO YOU SPECIFY GUARD TARGET FOR PETS!?!? Won’t let me

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Then why does everyone keep saying have all pets guard one player?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No idea... Have you tried all guard? I didn't think guarding worked for anything but the owner.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No idea... Have you tried all guard? I didn't think guarding worked for anything but the owner.
Tried everything for 10 minutes. Just gave up and used one pet and an Invis/bandage combo over and over. Used the discord tamer to knock him down so doesn’t discord on me.
Oh and when I finished, guess what drop I got?
Yep, another friggin’ bow!
:sigh:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tried everything for 10 minutes. Just gave up and used one pet and an Invis/bandage combo over and over. Used the discord tamer to knock him down so doesn’t discord on me.
Oh and when I finished, guess what drop I got?
Yep, another friggin’ bow!
:sigh:

At least you get drops... I do the stupid roof over and over for NOTHING.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s been a while (maybe a couple months) since I tried it...

Usually I friend the pets to the player so they will obey the follow command from the single character, then by name say “name guard”... this brings up a targeting cursor and I target the friended character I want them to guard. Once all pets have been friended and are guarding I use the main character to say all follow me. Once that character takes damage, all of the pets attack.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why does everyone keep saying have all pets guard one player?

You're misunderstanding. Have Tamer A say "All guard me", which will set the pet to guarding/aggro. Once you do that, friend it to Tamer B. On Tamer B, have it follow you ("all follow me.") When Tamer B gets to Juo'nar's location, have the pet belonging to that character attack it. Once an AoE goes off, the other pet will start attacking. You should only see 2 target cursors before you start healing: The first is to set another player as a friend, and the second is to attack Juo'nar.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You're misunderstanding. Have Tamer A say "All guard me", which will set the pet to guarding/aggro. Once you do that, friend it to Tamer B. On Tamer B, have it follow you ("all follow me.") When Tamer B gets to Juo'nar's location, have the pet belonging to that character attack it. Once an AoE goes off, the other pet will start attacking. You should only see 2 target cursors before you start healing: The first is to set another player as a friend, and the second is to attack Juo'nar.
This makes much more sense. Will have to try this later.