• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with EC

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? if i move the map, it distorts into what i think is the max size of the map? and then stays that way on my screen.

after i stop moving the map, it stays like this:
EC.png

this happens evertime i try to use EC and move the map.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im using nvidia 1070 gpu, and use nvidia control panel if i have to change something to fix this.
windows 10

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey @Smoot

Please to download the files below in case the patch affected those files (i havent patched mine)
MEGA
MEGA

and replace them with files under textures folder

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well if the computer is brand new throw away the video card and buy a hefty one your power supply can handle. Or get a new power supply too ;) Sometimes the video card that comes with new puters is lacking. Just my guess. You can probably easily research that. I got a new lap top for like 100 dollars at a Black Friday sale. It won't run any games lol. Which I sorta expected for the price. But it does get me on Facebook and such when I'm traveling around. So just because it's new doesn't mean it couldn't use some tweaks.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well you could check the temperature and do a stress test on it. There's a lot of programs out there that will do that for free. Search for topics concerning "artifacts" with the computer model you bought. It's always nice when someone else has already figured out the problem. My gut tells me the video card might not be up to snuff. But if your frame rate is good and everything else is good it is odd.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Lord Gandalf thanks ill try that in a bit. have to put this on hold for now.
@Capt. Lucky if its a problem with the card, its that its too "good". geforce 1000 series is pretty standard right now for modern games. (i of course didnt buy the card just to play UO, classic client doesnt even utilize a video card which is what i mainly play, but am hoping to do an EC setup)

i tried a few things in EC settings (everything was default) like v-sync, and changing the resultion but still having the problem.

i dragged the map off to the side, restarted UO, and if i dont ever move the map its fine. the backpack and other windows do not have this issue in default resolution, but the backpack was having this issue in a few other resolutions i tried. computer resolution is pretty standard 1440 by 1080.

So its playable as long as i never move the map, but would like to be able to fix this or figure out why its doing this.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have you checked if UO is set to use the video card on NVidia Control Panel?
If it is not, add it manually (UOSA.exe at the directory you installed it at) and tinker about with the shaders, antialiasing, triple buffering and what not settings for the UOSA profile you just created.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm far from being an expert, but the only other thing I've ever been told to check is what version of directx am I running - I have 12.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What resolution are you using and what UI size?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
@Lord Gandalf thanks ill try that in a bit. have to put this on hold for now.
@Capt. Lucky if its a problem with the card, its that its too "good". geforce 1000 series is pretty standard right now for modern games. (i of course didnt buy the card just to play UO, classic client doesnt even utilize a video card which is what i mainly play, but am hoping to do an EC setup)

i tried a few things in EC settings (everything was default) like v-sync, and changing the resultion but still having the problem.

i dragged the map off to the side, restarted UO, and if i dont ever move the map its fine. the backpack and other windows do not have this issue in default resolution, but the backpack was having this issue in a few other resolutions i tried. computer resolution is pretty standard 1440 by 1080.

So its playable as long as i never move the map, but would like to be able to fix this or figure out why its doing this.
I never move my map so I think that's a good idea. lol I understand it's annoying

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been doing T-Hunting recently and you know I use the EC and I can honestly say I have not had this issue. I also use NVidia GeForce but mine is a 970...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mine is an 860M and I never experienced that problem either.
But I had to manually add UOSA at the Nvidia control panel for it to use the Geforce for graphics acceleration.