• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Over the Moon

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So was doing tmaps just now when I accidentally ran dab smack into the face of a harbinger. Luckily I had two takers with chiv armor ignore cus and 5 mins later i got a garb.
First one I’ve ever done.
Lemme say. Not fun dealing with the copious amount of acid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so I’ve seen many people like this post and I tried to do some research, but very little info is out here on Harbingers. How do they come to be?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There was a Halloween Event several years ago where you had to collect essences or some such in the dungeons... take them to the hags hut and you got a crystal... Yellow ones spawn the Harbringer... Horders horde... so yeah there are still some around

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So what they can just spawn them anywhere with the essence?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So what they can just spawn them anywhere with the essence?

Yes pretty much they can use the yellow crystal to spawn them anywhere... for awhile people were using them to kill everyone at IDOC's.... While this still happens sometimes especially if they want the spot like Luna...

Some of us are nice and use them for "event" bosses when we hold events... at least players can give other players a chance at some sort of drop this way...

I have hopes that the DEVs will work on letting players do more for other players. However sadly the behavior of some ruins quite a bit for everyone else.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crystallized essence and turkey feathers.

upload_2017-11-26_0-3-21.png

They made some complex events for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So was doing tmaps just now when I accidentally ran dab smack into the face of a harbinger. Luckily I had two takers with chiv armor ignore cus and 5 mins later i got a garb.
First one I’ve ever done.
Lemme say. Not fun dealing with the copious amount of acid.

WOW: That must be something new? Harbinger popped by opening Treasure box as one of the guardians? Or someone used a yellow captured esence? I think the harbinger was Halloween 2009 chain event that was complex and not there anymore. Can you still get yellow essence from the Hag somehow? Is there a new quest?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There was a Halloween Event several years ago where you had to collect essences or some such in the dungeons... take them to the hags hut and you got a crystal... Yellow ones spawn the Harbringer... Horders horde... so yeah there are still some around
How do you get the quest? Is it still there?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get the quest? Is it still there?
Na, you had to have played back then and saved some of the yellow crystals. I have 2 I think, but those are just for deco. :p Really weird there was just one out roaming the woods. Someone must have accidentally summoned it or something, not knowing what the crystal did.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’m not sure. Was just Running towards my waypoint for my tmap and bam!
I’m lucky I had my tamers so I could take it down. Had to keep spamming all follow and all kill to take it off the acid tiles. Was a real pain. Took five minutes but my dps was really high. Just hard to hit when you have to keep backing up.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes pretty much they can use the yellow crystal to spawn them anywhere... for awhile people were using them to kill everyone at IDOC's.... While this still happens sometimes especially if they want the spot like Luna...
Yes, they still pop them at IDOCs as we recently recalled to our front door on Dagger Isle where suddenly there was a big crowd, AND 2 Harbingers floating around and killing packies all over the place. Managed to kill one after the chaos together with 2 other players. The other disappeared, probably someone else killed it.
Anyway, we also still have quite a few crystals, in all 3 colors some. We really LOVED that event, was so fun to chase after the spirit lights in all those dungeons!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, they still pop them at IDOCs as we recently recalled to our front door on Dagger Isle where suddenly there was a big crowd, AND 2 Harbingers floating around and killing packies all over the place. Managed to kill one after the chaos together with 2 other players. The other disappeared, probably someone else killed it.
Anyway, we also still have quite a few crystals, in all 3 colors some. We really LOVED that event, was so fun to chase after the spirit lights in all those dungeons!
I agree it was a really fun event... very enjoyable... was slightly irritating when some of the lights were in area's we couldn't go... but now we can't do that event ever again... since they ruined Despise...

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but now we can't do that event ever again... since they ruined Despise...
We'd prefer to say, they changed Despise, since we like that content a lot too. :):) But well, one dungeon more or less to hunt spirits in wouldn't matter that much would it? (We would still rather run around in the revamped Despise than the revamped Covetous 3 lol!) Still, we don't see things from that long ago return....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We'd prefer to say, they changed Despise, since we like that content a lot too. :):) But well, one dungeon more or less to hunt spirits in wouldn't matter that much would it? (We would still rather run around in the revamped Despise than the revamped Covetous 3 lol!) Still, we don't see things from that long ago return....
I spent most of that event in Wrong. But yeah level 3 and 4 Covetous would be a Bugger now... but perhaps if they did it again they could utilize the Ilshenar dungeons... give a good use to the new Jawbone... and familiarize folk with those dungeons. I was glad they used Terrot Sketas for Halloween... just wish they had used it's proper name not Sorcerers Dungeon. My character got married atop that building still think it's one of the prettiest places in UO.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh gosh, during that Halloween event I was spending like ~10 hours almost everyday collecting Crystals and Garbs. I ended up collecting ~20 Conjurer's Garbs with luck (I remember getting at least 1 Garb a day) and probably about 80+ yellow Crystal Essences and at least one complete set of the Halloween costumes + several extra of my favorite costumes. I still have 10+ Luck Garbs and 60 yellow crystals from that event today (Which I'm thinking about selling or trading like 50 in bulk). I wish I had sold the garbs back years ago when reached almost 60-80 mil a pop.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Oh gosh, during that Halloween event I was spending like ~10 hours almost everyday collecting Crystals and Garbs. I ended up collecting ~20 Conjurer's Garbs with luck (I remember getting at least 1 Garb a day) and probably about 80+ yellow Crystal Essences and at least one complete set of the Halloween costumes + several extra of my favorite costumes. I still have 10+ Luck Garbs and 60 yellow crystals from that event today (Which I'm thinking about selling or trading like 50 in bulk). I wish I had sold the garbs back years ago when reached almost 60-80 mil a pop.

Yaiks lots of yellow crystals to sell. What shard are you on?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I’m not sure. Was just Running towards my waypoint for my tmap and bam!
I’m lucky I had my tamers so I could take it down. Had to keep spamming all follow and all kill to take it off the acid tiles. Was a real pain. Took five minutes but my dps was really high. Just hard to hit when you have to keep backing up.

And Cusidhes are just the right pet since Harbs are sensitive to both physical and energy attacks..

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aahh too bad..How much will yu sell them for?
I haven't really thought about it, last time I checked they were going for like 14-15 mil each on Atlantic few days ago, but I'm sure I'd sell much lower than that, depends if I sold in bulk or what not (the more the cheaper). Maybe i'd also trade a bunch for like some kind of EM event rare or something.