• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need simple explanation of unlocking pet Magical Abilities

Fargrist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So far I have trained a Cu Sidhe, a Rune Beetle and a Skree.

I have not been able to understand how to activate the listed Magical Abilities.

There must be some simple thing, I know Rune Beetles can get Discord, I saw it listed as an option, but it had the number 500 (for the points) in red, even though I had a ton more points than that.

So, how do I activate Magical Abilities for pets?

Please be simple, and list each click I have to make, nothing I have seen so far explains it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to magical abilities. Choose the one you want. The red 500 just means it costs that much. It is red because it is not a property weight I suppose.

upload_2017-11-25_10-1-1.png

upload_2017-11-25_10-1-24.png

Red on the other side means you don't have points.

The red color is whats confusing you.

This pet has 1501 points.
It will take 500 for the magic and 1 property weight, so I will be left with 1000 available training points

Fargrist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What do I click to make this work? I tried clicking the forward and rewind buttons and all the other buttons I could but I must have missed the one that activates the ability.

I could not activate the ability to get the gump which says all training is final etc.

Fargrist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have no problem putting hp, hp regen, resists on. The only trouble I have is Magical Abilities, where my different pets have different lists, but no way of activating the abilities. I am probably missing something super simple, but I cannot work out what it is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, you get to the screens I showed above?

upload_2017-11-25_12-56-54.png

1. you can see what magic you have chosen?
2. you have enough points? If that value is red, you dont.
3. press the train pet button.

If you are using EC, I dont know what those look like.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, you get to the screens I showed above?

View attachment 74419

1. you can see what magic you have chosen?
2. you have enough points? If that value is red, you dont.
3. press the train pet button.

If you are using EC, I dont know what those look like.
That part looks exactly the same.

Fargrist

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I saw those screens above, the red 500 screens but for Magery Mastery there was a screen with two red 0s on the left, one zero was Magery and one was Eval Int for the Rune Beetle, which is well above zero in both. On the right hand side I had over 500 or 1000, depending when I was checking the skills. Sometimes I had added some hp regen or whatever to the pet, which changed the remaining points. The points shown on the right are the amount remaining after activating the screen you are on, that right hand amount was always lower than the points I actually had.

When I moused over the left hand screen it said something about not enough something or other, I forget the message now.

So the screenshot by Pawain is exactly what I saw, without the ability to actually have something happen when I clicked Train Pet

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Magery on many pets Ex: Cu, Hiryu will cost 1501 points. So you cant put any other points on during that cycle.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure you can add magery mastery to a rune beetle. Personally, I'm not really impressed with magery mastery. I did that with a mare and it's ok at best.
Rune beetles are a bit unique in that they have magery and poisoning .
Now there are some that have added chivalry to the rune beetle but keep in mind, if you do that, the rune beetle will stop using both magery and poisoning.