• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Pricing - Soooo confused

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A friend and I have been taming anything and everything we could and we find ourselves with a surplus of pets. I'm thinking, for some, selling them makes sense but I have no idea how to price them. I know, for example, a bane dragon recently went for 50 mil. Blaze cu for 2 Plat (oy). We have a white stygian drake, which "seems" to be fairly rare and several of the 100% energy drakes which were a pain in the butt to get just because of where they spawn. Can anyone help me figure out what might be a decent price for these pets or how to figure it out or if there is a guide somewhere?

Thanks in advance! :)

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I too find that the prices of pets (among other things) vary wildly and is often confusing. I usually check the pens in New Magincia to see what similar pets are selling for. Atlantic works well for this as many other shards have few if any pets for sale there. Basically, your pet is worth what someone else will pay for it. So, supply and demand has the greatest affect. You could always post on the trade forums and ask for offers. If your pets are worthwhile, someone will make an offer. If they are not, you will be informed of that fact in what is usually a considerate and helpful manner, or simply ignored.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Atlantic works well for this as many other shards have few if any pets for sale there. Basically, your pet is worth what someone else will pay for it. So, supply and demand has the greatest affect.
The only thing I would add is if you happen to "price" things on Atlantic you really have to adjust the price downward a good bit for some other shards. Atlantic imo is one of the most expensive shards out there.

If it were me I would try to snag one of the New Mag Bazaars, price my critters where I felt I was making decent gold on them. If they don't sell in a few days or so, then lower the price a little.. rinse, repeat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend and I have been taming anything and everything we could and we find ourselves with a surplus of pets. I'm thinking, for some, selling them makes sense but I have no idea how to price them. I know, for example, a bane dragon recently went for 50 mil. Blaze cu for 2 Plat (oy). We have a white stygian drake, which "seems" to be fairly rare and several of the 100% energy drakes which were a pain in the butt to get just because of where they spawn. Can anyone help me figure out what might be a decent price for these pets or how to figure it out or if there is a guide somewhere?

Thanks in advance! :)
Thats not easy. I did some shard hopping. I saw some really messed up pets that were trying to be sold.
The Stygian drakes are 3 slot and 100% physical so that may be why.

I sell 2 slot Najs for 1M
2 slot old color NM for 800k
2 slot new colors NM for 2M
2 slot fire steeds for 1M

An over 120 in Tactics Cold drake can sell for >10M. If the buyer knows they wont need to find the most expensive scroll.

I''ve had an energy drake for 80k for months that does not sell. All the others sell for 100k.

Colored Cus and Hiryus sell. Just have to start high and drop runes.

The midnight Lesser would sell for a few mil. The greens 200k, the other 500k.

Dropping runes with a description is the best way to get a pet sold.

The bazaar needs a way to describe the pet.

Also depends on how many tamers are on your shard.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I''ve had an energy drake for 80k for months that does not sell. All the others sell for 100k.
For the headache and hassle of the energy drakes you would think they would be worth a good bit more.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's no reason to have one though except for the novelty. No peerless or boss have energy as their lowest resist.
T Rex and the Great Ape have low Energy resist. So do many other things that can become paragon.

Laika

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thats not easy. I did some shard hopping. I saw some really messed up pets that were trying to be sold.

The midnight Lesser would sell for a few mil. The greens 200k, the other 500k.

The bazaar needs a way to describe the pet.

Also depends on how many tamers are on your shard.
Remember just because they are on vendors doesnt mean they are trying to be sold. Our guild keeps good and bad experiments on our vendors along with training/to be training overflow.

But I have seen some very interesting ones on Atl for quite a bit of money that makes me scratch my head.

And let me know next time you see a midnight lesser for a few mill~

YES YES YES to pet description. and the ability to see left over training points.

Prices on smaller shards also depend on if they are too lazy to get their own pets.

Prices vary so much.

Even on Atlantic prices vary for many pets

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And let me know next time you see a midnight lesser for a few mill~
I didn't want to exaggerate. Plus I have no clue other than they would get millions. :)

I bought a Black Cu on Atl for 50,000. I am sure it was a mistype. The others were 25M +

The first healing Saber-Tooth on LS sold for 60M.

Also people put pets on vendors for holding purposes. I've sold 2 blue unscrolled Cus for 10M each because I thought that price would keep them there for a few days till I made room.

You can put a lot of words on a rune. "full trained Giant Beetle 1501 points left, Healing Lion" would easily fit.

We need to Lobby Kyronix for putting a description on the pet in a vendor somehow.

Our guild keeps good and bad experiments on our vendors
I hope the ones i saw were bad experiments. But, I do see some weird choices on pets being used on LS.

I have also put some bugged pets on for real cheap. I name them as good as I can. "Broken Reptalon" NotNuffPointsKi rin. those sold.

I have a lot of fun gathering and selling pets.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also good for something like roof to split damage types.
Ok, I'll accept this answer. However, this only applies to Anon. Virtuebane has lowest cold, Juo'nar is even across the board, and Ozy is unknown. Considering the limit on stable count, I'd personally focus on a physical, fire, and cold damage types. But that's just me trying to min/max all the right stuff for each thing that I fight.