• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Respect Tokens - Round 2!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought this up several months ago, and I feel it should be talked about once again. Having a way to redo a pets abilities, power scrolls & what-not is an awesome idea!

I feel that these should be for sale in the Game Store for real money. Reason? The more money the game makes, the longer the game will be available to play.

I'd suggest that the tokens cost around 500-700 Sovereigns each. I don't have all the ideas completed. I am stuck trying to figure out how this would work. So please give feedback. The way I think they should function:

- Use the token and target the pet you want to respec.
- The pet gets the option to redo each of its' abilities, resists, etc & all the other attributes that are available to change (if you wish to change them that is).
- Also, after the pet is targeted with the token, you get an option to get the pet's power scrolls returned in your backpack.

Again, I don't have all the answers to how this will work - feedback and ideas are very much welcomed.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought this up several months ago, and I feel it should be talked about once again. Having a way to redo a pets abilities, power scrolls & what-not is an awesome idea!

I feel that these should be for sale in the Game Store for real money. Reason? The more money the game makes, the longer the game will be available to play.

I'd suggest that the tokens cost around 500-700 Sovereigns each. I don't have all the ideas completed. I am stuck trying to figure out how this would work. So please give feedback. The way I think they should function:

- Use the token and target the pet you want to respec.
- The pet gets the option to redo each of its' abilities, resists, etc & all the other attributes that are available to change (if you wish to change them that is).
- Also, after the pet is targeted with the token, you get an option to get the pet's power scrolls returned in your backpack.

Again, I don't have all the answers to how this will work - feedback and ideas are very much welcomed.
I bet it would have to just basically... respawn your pet rather than allow you to edit. I doubt the "base" form data is kept.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe start with a token that removes 1501 points from areas you choose and you could put the points back on in other areas. Then the starting template does not matter.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am fine with being able to redo the abilities, but you consumed the powerscrolls and those should be gone forever.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Pets don't get enough Respect.
I don't think they caught this one, but it made me chuckle ;)
All my pets get Respect....except that Phoenix that can golly well sit in its corner until it's reborn again into its proper form....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or maybe you can just tame another pet. you are a tamer, it’s what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people actually like their specific pets, particularly old ones. It could have been given from a friend, or how it was tamed, etc. People get attached to those pixels.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, I don't have all the answers to how this will work
It won't work.
They stated often enough, that new values on pets overwrite the old ones. So if you set four fire resist from i.e. 16 to 80, then 16 is gone for good. They do not remember the stats of the pets pre-level-up.

The only thing that would work, is to reroll all stats to pre-tame value ranges and then apply the post taming reductions (i.e. like on GDs or Cus). It would then be identical to a newly tamed pet. But why would anyone want to spend money on such a token?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'd like to get the power scrolls back - I didn't know you could transfer pets to TC, so I was uneducated on the whole thing. But overall, it would be nice having the ability to redo pets...