• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of the Sorcerer’s Dungeon : What to buy with your points

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are the items you can purchase. Halloween – Treasures of the Sorcerer’s Dungeon – Ultima Online

What should you spend your points on?

Jacks bag of tricks: Dont buy. You want all the items from inside the bag. But, If you used the bag as intended, You could get one of the items every 20 minutes. Someone on your shard has a box full and will give you a set or two.

Serpents Jawbone: You need one of these at every house! Saves a lot of running. Great for mining. These will also have value now and in the future.

Jack in the Box: Gotta have an animatron! Turn to face East or South. Also should have value now and in the future.

Shackled Heart of the Pumpkin King: Makes you drop 4 splotches of blood. Others can't hear your pain.

Reward Titles: Event Specific. Wont be around forever. You got the Kotl City ones right.

Sterling Silver Ring: Heres what it is:

upload_2017-11-15_16-59-4.png

Boots or Talons of Escaping: They go on your feet.

upload_2017-11-15_17-25-45.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great descriptions! Hopefully this will help people understand their choices more.

Also, if you're just looking to make gold from them, the Serpent's Jawbone tends to sell for a good amount of gold and the fastest on Atlantic vendors.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Some people might want Jack's Bag for deco....so don't tell people not to buy it because you know how us deco freaks are ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, where is "once per day" = "Every 20 minutes"???

NASA wants to know, since you seem to be able to get there. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It's more closer to 30 min... but yes... I know how to get there.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not for everyone.

I tried the method for that, and it still won't let me get more than 1 rare a day per bag. My two bags don't reset until server-up, no matter what I do.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

use your beggar to get the items, it must be in your backpack and each of the candies there as well
they can't be inside other bags, must be in your main backpack
there are 25 pieces of candy from trick or treating
if the candy isn't there when its pulled out, it stops the bag til next time
you keep clicking until it gives you an item
then log out and wait about 10 mins, then try again
you must be inside your house to do this

someone said this is a bug, but I was wondering if this was intended, afterall it is called Jacks bag of tricks
maybe we had to learn the trick to get the rare items...

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bag of tricks will be good as im sure they will fix the glitch and add new items for future Halloween
Serpents Jawbone: What in the Hell is there to do in Ilsh anyways? People got them just for Sorc Dungeon.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have so many titles now that doesn't appeal to me anymore. If I could have them all listed under my name so it read like a book that might be different lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
(1) Got the bag of tricks locked down at one of my places.
(1) Sterling Ring gave it to my son
(1) Jack in the Box, I am trying to bride an old friend back to the game, she liked it on Stratics so I got it and told her if she came back to play it was her's. I made a room in a keep using her char with a steward and locked the jack in the box next to her.
(6) Jawbones, one per house(4) gave one away to a good friend, kept the extra for one of those days when someone says 100mil for a jawbone

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bag of tricks will be good as im sure they will fix the glitch and add new items for future Halloween
Serpents Jawbone: What in the Hell is there to do in Ilsh anyways? People got them just for Sorc Dungeon.
I am friends with (and hunt with) several guilds that do Ilshenar champ spawns when there's too many raiders running around to do Fel, and our EM loves having events in the Ilshenar dungeons. In the months before Halloween, we were in Rock Dungeon several times, Terort Skitas once, and several events that were in Mistas or the pixies north of Lakeshire. That's not counting the several scavenger hunts / find the EM type events that went to most facets.

I'm also a crazy miner, and do all my mining in Ilshenar with prospector tools & Garg picks.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Basara answered above.

Also, Ilsh is considered a dungeon. Miners get gems and Niter. Many of the spots are near mountains.

You have quest items there. The Nightmare cave is one of the clickys. Also has Tribal berries.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara answered above.

Also, Ilsh is considered a dungeon. Miners get gems and Niter. Many of the spots are near mountains.

You have quest items there. The Nightmare cave is one of the clickys. Also has Tribal berries.
And paragons don't forget Paragons :)

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell *G* --- go visit Ilshenar by foot and you'll see how beautifull it is ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell *G* --- go visit Ilshenar by foot and you'll see how beautifull it is ;)
I'm one of the few people on my shard that knows most of Ilshenar by name and how to get there. Most of the people who were familiar with it (including the people that taught me) are long gone. One of my guilds, back in the day, was mining-crazy, and we would have group hunts in a dead-end valley south of Chaos (heading toward Rock Dungeon) where we'd farm stone gargoyles for gargoyle pickaxes and paragon chests. Other times, we'd clear away the spawn from around Gwenno's tomb, until everything was too far away to see us, and we'd sit there and chat in the area, listening to the music. We'd use the blue upstairs area of the Sorcerer's dungeon for alliance meetings, and spend nights in Blood dungeon trying to farm para Bloods and Balrons for level 6 maps, or fighting para Titans for the same reason in the cave outside the Cyclops Dungeon.

Come to think of it, I think next time I can make it to a Q&A session, I might ask why part of Rock Dungeon's spawn disappeared sometime in the last decade, and if we could get the lich and the other missing spawns restored.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm one of the few people on my shard that knows most of Ilshenar by name and how to get there. Most of the people who were familiar with it (including the people that taught me) are long gone. One of my guilds, back in the day, was mining-crazy, and we would have group hunts in a dead-end valley south of Chaos (heading toward Rock Dungeon) where we'd farm stone gargoyles for gargoyle pickaxes and paragon chests. Other times, we'd clear away the spawn from around Gwenno's tomb, until everything was too far away to see us, and we'd sit there and chat in the area, listening to the music. We'd use the blue upstairs area of the Sorcerer's dungeon for alliance meetings, and spend nights in Blood dungeon trying to farm para Bloods and Balrons for level 6 maps, or fighting para Titans for the same reason in the cave outside the Cyclops Dungeon.

Come to think of it, I think next time I can make it to a Q&A session, I might ask why part of Rock Dungeon's spawn disappeared sometime in the last decade, and if we could get the lich and the other missing spawns restored.
Yep Rock Dungeon was were we hung out killing paragons back in the day... in the one large room we had a Lich Lord, Poison Elemental and Elder Gazer... but back then it took the guild to take them on... now one person would be bored stiff in there.