• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Really?!?!?! Now What?

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was on Great Lakes, logged off to switch characters and I am getting the same message...grrr, don't they know I have BODs to sort!

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can't log in either. I was switching to my crafter character to make double axes. :/ Its been down for 30 minutes.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since it's only 9:10 am in Va, I guess ti's to early for a team member to be tehre to tell us anything about why or how long...

Frosty-EN-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm probably dead by now haha.

Outside my house with a released GD and White Wyrm on the balcony, 2 dragons on the roof and 2 dragons + another WW on ground floor when it happened.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After 20 years, how do they not have servers that dont crash all the time. Guess its time to use some of the Millions they have made to get better Tech team.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Can't decide what to do with my life now. Went outside but it's so bright! Need to watch Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings or James Bond to get my mind calm. Maybe bag some comic books, I think I might have bent a back cover corner slightly on one. Maybe organize my D&D books. I'm warning ya I can't cope with reality for extended periods.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Radio silence at Broadsword.........they might not know login is down...........

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A little gift from EA to celebrate his 20 years for sure.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is proof.......... UO is a drug that has a dependency on the user.
Dragons don't mate and leave you baby dragons..... all I can say is your weird.....
By now you all should know the routine for the server repair...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slayvite give it a rest... the bird is staying the way it is..... learn to live with it sugar.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slayvite give it a rest... the bird is staying the way it is..... learn to live with it sugar.
if we "learn to live with things" nothing will ever change, it isn't human nature to accept every thing the way it is. we are driven to change things, or escape the things we cannot. that's why we have colonized nearly every inch of space on this planet. i'm with @Slayvite on this one, the damn rainbow puke turkey is gawd awful ugly and needs to be changed back.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.... due to how long I have been around uo and the various dev teams this is the status quo...
Its not gunna happen unless 90% of the players yipped about it and the way things are now...
Your sol my friend...
There is a handful of players and non players here in Stratics who might agree with you but its not going to change the fact that once they change something it takes a mass movement to change it again...
Your one guy who hates it .... your a grain of sand on a huge beach of sand
Yes your irritating but not something that cant be dusted off.
Now if it was a major glitch it might be reverted.. but as I see it your out of luck.
Im being realistic. There is hundreds of things needing fixing in UO...
Do you really think your peve of a look on a creature is more important then those real bugs we need fixing?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.... due to how long I have been around uo and the various dev teams this is the status quo...
Its not gunna happen unless 90% of the players yipped about it and the way things are now...
Your sol my friend...
There is a handful of players and non players here in Stratics who might agree with you but its not going to change the fact that once they change something it takes a mass movement to change it again...
Now if it was a major glitch it might be reverted.. but as I see it your out of luck.
Do you really think your peve of a look on a creature is more important then those real bugs we need fixing?
If we don't say anything, then it definitely won't change.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, so here you tell him to stop complaining about it.

Your sol my friend...
Then here you tell him the only way things will get changed is for enough people to complain about it. do you see where i am heading with this . . .

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the art IS there already...
And as for real bugs needing fixing, other than the ones they introduce with every publish not many ever really get fixed.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you really think a handful from here have that sway over the Dev?? That's a better question...
It's rare that a temper tantrum thrown by 1 player and seconded by another goes further then the "yea...NO" pile.
Nothing with it is busted... its being used... little other then a scant few have complained in writing to the Dev.
Personally the rainbow can go but the size I do like alot. I use to hunt them and getting its tag was murder.
So you do not get my vote to change it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm perhaps my last meme wasn't clear enough.....

Wether it ever gets changed back or altered is a secondary concern of mine.
I shall always express my displeasure at the fact it was changed with NOBODY asking for it to be and i shall let them know at EVERY oppertunity and every M&G i am able to attend.

If a flea bites you often enough even though its only a minor irritation you still look at ways to deal with it.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you really think a handful from here have that sway over the Dev?? That's a better question...
It's rare that a temper tantrum thrown by 1 player and seconded by another goes further then the "yea...NO" pile.
Nothing with it is busted... its being used... little other then a scant few have complained in writing to the Dev.
Personally the rainbow can go but the size I do like alot. I use to hunt them and getting its tag was murder.
So you do not get my vote to change it.
he's not throwing a temper tantrum, he's showing his displeasure, and he has the right to do it. Why do you care if he complains and i support him? it is how movements get started after all.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

There is a super easy way to fix the phoenix issue that will please both camps.

Spawn. Both. Versions.

The small maroon eagles and the giant pink things. People get to choose which they want. Nobody "looses."

@Kyronix
they can leave the Rainbow puke turkey's at the turtle spawn, and put the normal Phoenix back where it belongs.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re 486:
I'm thinkin' that the servers got "virtualized" at a few data centers years ago, which means:

"Server boundaries" make no sense at all any more. Overland Britannia shouldn't be divided into pieces any more. You shouldn't lag a half dozen times on the road to Minoc with all your clothes getting taken off and put back on repeatedly.

Oh well. That's as likely to get fixed as another design flaw present from Day One: Right mouse button on classic client should mean "move in that direction" only, and not "accidentally disappear a spell icon."