• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorcerers Dungeon turned off (again)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LS Normal spawn is everywhere. The nightmare fairy is out. I was doing jacks room 2 hours ago. Have not logged out.

I guess it is the 14th somewhere...

Im gonna have withdrawals.

Killed fairy now in Toy room. Only dull copper elementals are spawing.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same on Legends, left Jack in his room and went to check why I was seeing skellie up to northwest, nearly a horrible mistake

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey--they promised the 14th!!!!!

Hope that add a week or two to make up for it :)

ciccone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, Asian zone is 14th now...but still strange...
why they don't just close it when the server maintenance so everyone wont confuse

such a ixixt....
Hey--they promised the 14th!!!!!

Hope that add a week or two to make up for it :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh damn!
i had been planning to do one last night of it tonight!
well, guess that guild event will be trashed now.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wt... which one of them does not know what day it is? The day number? :( I am not happy about this. Please fix it. tyvm oh! on a better note the jack trick bag still works.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really feel it would be great customer service to turn it back on for another week or so--to make up for the lack of clarity on the end time and the mess up last month.,..but this time give it a definite end time like "Nov. 23, 6:00 p.m. EST" so we could plan accordingly. I know I planned to get a few more drops tonight. Very disappointed.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not get this... player on LS luna mage shop is still trick or treating. He pops in and out and I see his evil twin words and his robe changes colors. He won't talk .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not get this... player on LS luna mage shop is still trick or treating. He pops in and out and I see his evil twin words and his robe changes colors. He won't talk .
SHHHH he is a robot. Trick or treat is off for me.

He was a nice robot. He gave me the set from last year. I still only have 91 begging.

Nevermind. That was a different robot that gave me stuff. T or T is still working for him.

Weird dates going on.

Last edited:

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been turned on and off the entire time sadly. Hopefully they can extend it again a few weeks or at least until the New Years.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He talked.
Hhe is still getting candy and treats, tricks too. He must be the TOT king as he is the only one that is still doing TOT. Lol

foxfoxfox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Someone always confused about TIME ZONE.
7PM EST = UTC + 0.
Please check the Next timer before Dec. 1st.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looks to be a 00:00 14th GMT/UT BS thing again. Time to bombard them with their goof.

Trick or treating has ALWAYS been broken to end at 00:00 GMT. Which really sucked over the last decade for west coast US shards that are 8 time zones off GMT.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think if ToT is still working for anyone, it would be characters that logged in before 0000 GMT, and if they log out and in it will stop working for them.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What part of lying to us just because it is 14th there it aint here we are major upset at the liars. There i have blown of steam but still upset.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa Finley... It said the 14th but it ended on the 13th. So it is ok to change dates on anything in UO? Just asking. For me it is just one more petty silly thing they do. Why do they do this stuff?? Idk. It takes the UO joy away slowly but surely.
And not being male, I guess I would be a greedy B.... in your eyes. I am a just a player who plays a llama and tries so so so hard to stay with a game I once loved.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
why would you assume it has anything to do with greed? maybe it is a hoarding thing.

i personally have played more in the last 3 months than i have in the past 3 years. for me, it is something new and different and it was great to see so many players together on my shard. as a bonus i get to collect 'of origin' suits. once the event is over i'll go dormant again.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As soon as it stopped everyone was like, ok now what?
it was constant non stop action since August and now its like....
*twiddles thumbs*

well Christmas is next month.... time to work on BODs for the tree
now back to collecting BODs all day lol

*clicks wool*
*targets spinning wheel*
*drags yarn into one pile*
(why must one do that with yarn? when you use cotton, the thread stacks!!!)
repeat, repeat, repeat
lots of cloth to make hehe

A tailors job is never done, more BODs more BODs

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whoa Finley... It said the 14th but it ended on the 13th. So it is ok to change dates on anything in UO? Just asking. For me it is just one more petty silly thing they do. Why do they do this stuff?? Idk. It takes the UO joy away slowly but surely.
And not being male, I guess I would be a greedy B.... in your eyes. I am a just a player who plays a llama and tries so so so hard to stay with a game I once loved.
Well obviousely they use GMT + 0

Didn you Had enough time to Go down there?

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
why would you assume it has anything to do with greed? maybe it is a hoarding thing.

i personally have played more in the last 3 months than i have in the past 3 years. for me, it is something new and different and it was great to see so many players together on my shard. as a bonus i get to collect 'of origin' suits. once the event is over i'll go dormant again.
Well. Lets phrase it Different.
I was Not down there often AS i have a Job and a Life beside uo still i was able to collect more than 1000 of those.

We Had plenty time. PLENTY.
But still some people attacking the devs that for their timezone IT Stopped technically a few hours earlier....

How the **** many you need? My Personal Limit was a House full which i achieved! Pictures on request haha

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Log in last night to play, all the guildmates in vent talking about the dungeon off now, back to normal spawn, all I can say is thank you. It was a very fun event, and I was able to get all I really wished plus gave away two jawbones, one to an old friend who had not been able to get in game due to real life, another to the entire community of Sonoma, its locked down inside the EM Hall in Trammel, I plan on selling the few drops I still have on my vendor for 1mil each.

Then to kill time since we had not planned or schedule an event we killed turkeys on Moonglow spawning more giant ones. Not for drops just for the fun of it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it said "until" the 14th, meaning on the 14th, its over. i thought this would be the case, considering thats how its played out in the past but agree alot of people thought that meant including the 14th.

if a bar is open until 2am, that means as soon as the clock hits 2 its over. if the event runs until the 14th, as soon as the clock passes over to the 14th, its over.

i know im a stickler for wording (especially in rares auctions lol) and some dont like that but this is one time it paid off lol. got my last farming in yesterday. glad its over honestly. now to go over my hoard of bones and enchanted origin items.

only mentioning it, because there have been times in the past when i had assumed like you did, and my procrastinating butt missed out for it. so if nothing else at least you know for next time.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it said "until" the 14th, meaning on the 14th, its over. i thought this would be the case, considering thats how its played out in the past but agree alot of people thought that meant including the 14th.

if a bar is open until 2am, that means as soon as the clock hits 2 its over. if the event runs until the 14th, as soon as the clock passes over to the 14th, its over.

i know im a stickler for wording....e.
Actually, per the pub 98.2 patch notes, in bold lettering:

• Event will be active on production shards through November 14th, 2017.
Through means including the 14th.

Sorry but the developers made an oops here. It's little things like this that lower confidence in the team. if they don't stick to their own words, how do they gain user trust.

This has nothing to do with people being greedy, but expecting the word of the developer to be true. Something they can count on.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, per the pub 98.2 patch notes, in bold lettering:

• Event will be active on production shards through November 14th, 2017.
Through means including the 14th.

Sorry but the developers made an oops here. It's little things like this that lower confidence in the team. if they don't stick to their own words, how do they gain user trust.

This has nothing to do with people being greedy, but expecting the word of the developer to be true. Something they can count on.
well i stand corrected. but still, my intuition was correct. we have so many mis-spelled EM items are you really surprised grammar / spelling arent the devs forte? Very bad wording.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also specifically brought up the Halloween stuff ending (on 10/31, back then) at 0000 GMT instead of midnight local or server reset, at the 20th anniversary in September.

I was assured that this year, it would go through to server reset.

In fact, it appeared to be mostly doing so, on 10/31 - before their extension broke and we lost a day or more of the extension on 11/1.

Apparently, in adding the extension, if they had fixed the "premature end", they re-broke it in the extensions - plus flubbed the 0000 being the START of the day, so that it ended 24 hours earlier than it should have, even if it had been broken like it had been before.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*thinks about sending a clock and a calendar to... someone*

Oh my gosh! I got through a post without saying "pancake" or "omelet" or "breakfastburrito" ... ... Oops, no I didn't.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bahhhhh looks like they turned the anni gifts off tooo...oh well was a welcome surprize

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
bahhhhh looks like they turned the anni gifts off tooo...oh well was a welcome surprize
You mean this one?

• All players logging into a production shard that are at least 30 days old between September 1, 2017 12:01am ET and November 18, 2017 11:59pm ET will receive a 20th Anniversary Token.
Can anyone else confirm?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean this one?

• All players logging into a production shard that are at least 30 days old between September 1, 2017 12:01am ET and November 18, 2017 11:59pm ET will receive a 20th Anniversary Token.
Can anyone else confirm?
I dont have any < 30 toons. But if you do it will say, "you are too young to receive a gift".

If it is still going.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just logged onto one of the shards I hadn't yet received my tokens on (been slacking)
and was given the 20th anniversary token, so they are still on

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i stand corrected. but still, my intuition was correct. we have so many mis-spelled EM items are you really surprised grammar / spelling arent the devs forte? Very bad wording.
That's actually just bad use of the English language, something Broadsword (and Americans) do quite a bit.
There is no such meaning as "through" on it's own in that literal context, it would be correctly used as "Through until".

What we have here is a word that's been turned into slang and is used to mean a wide range now, unfortunatly people will pick the meaning that best suits their argument now ;)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's actually just bad use of the English language, something Broadsword (and Americans) do quite a bit.
There is no such meaning as "through" on it's own in that literal context, it would be correctly used as "Through until".

What we have here is a word that's been turned into slang and is used to mean a wide range now, unfortunatly people will pick the meaning that best suits their argument now ;)
well its in the oxford dictionary. it may have been slang at one point but not anymore. but yeah its american english. i dont understand half the wierd british words on the BBC and need to have it in english subtitles so i understand your language barrier when reading american : )

quoted from oxford dictionary, definition #4

North American: preposition Up to and including (a particular point in an ordered sequence)
‘they will be in London from March 24 through May 7’

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

While I know you have a great distaste for Americans, you seem to not understand a very fundamental thing regarding language. It evolves. The English language itself is heavily influenced by both Germanic and Romantic languages. So before you comment on how English is evolving in America, perhaps a look should be taken on how it evolved in England.

;)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I dont have any < 30 toons. But if you do it will say, "you are too young to receive a gift".

If it is still going.
Yeah, I'm at work and could not check. Good to know it's still available though.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
a very fundamental thing regarding language. It evolves.
This is so true, most languages are different now than they were even 100 years ago in some way or another. I've noticed a funny trend with English speakers in non-English speaking countries as well. Particularly in places like China and the Middle East they speak an odd third type of English that is neither American or British. They attract English teachers from all around the world in those places to teach the language to locals, but as a result it's common for each student to have teachers from 5+ different countries while they are learning.

The students absorb the slang and quirks from each type of English speaker over the years, American, British, Australian, South African etc. and they end up with some really odd habits that combine the accents and slang from each part of the world, plus their own native languages quirks, into what is almost a brand new language.

It really caught me off guard when I met a guy from Pakistan who spoke with a South African accent and used both American and British slang in the same sentences.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I know you have a great distaste for Americans, you seem to not understand a very fundamental thing regarding language. It evolves. The English language itself is heavily influenced by both Germanic and Romantic languages. So before you comment on how English is evolving in America, perhaps a look should be taken on how it evolved in England.

;)
Hey i love Americans, i lived there for over 5 years in Oklahoma.
It just makes me giggle when they claim they speak English and i'm like, No you speak American ;)
Heck i had to translate for the waitress in the steakhouse because she couldn't understand what a group from New York were saying :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey i love Americans, i lived there for over 5 years in Oklahoma.
It just makes me giggle when they claim they speak English and i'm like, No you speak American ;)
Heck i had to translate for the waitress in the steakhouse because she couldn't understand what a group from New York were saying :D
I remember someone on a different set of forums (about books) talking about how he could read Spanish, but almost needed a translator to be understood by Spanish speakers.
He was taught Castille-style Spanish by a teacher with a thick Chilean accent, while growing up in SE Colorado (just north of the OK & TX panhandles), where he picked up a LOT of Tex/Mex slang in what is nominally "Spanish".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I worked a couple years at a University Hotel... where people from all over the world would stay... I learned to understand broken English quite well... and understand some strange forms of signing when it didn't...

Deciphering the spice for the throat... and figuring out that the one fellow wanted ice but failed to realize that it was FREE and there was no coin slot. Though he spoke no English at all... I did manage to get the point across that all he had to do was open the lid and scoop some out.

Was certainly a fascinating experience that I think helped me learn quite a bit about other cultures... worked with people from Russia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malaysia, and all over... learned a bit about Muslim religious practices and got to listen to Russian folk songs... anyway was an enriching experience and certainly learned quite a lot about communication skills. One fellow from Taiwan kept trying to teach me to say "Hello" and count to 10 in his language but I never did get it.