• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

when did search become limited?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i used to be able to search my name, posted by member "smoot", and see all of my content. now it only goes back 20 pages.

does anyone know when or why this changed? greatly limits reference.

if 20 pages is the max now, could we get a way to delete a thread, so it wouldnt count towards the 20 page limitation?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The forum has been reset, crashed, lost posts for a few times since I have been a member.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
20 pages isn't the maximum, I just searched my own name and got 25 pages.

Untitled.png

I'm not sure if there is a limit at all, but if things aren't showing up it's most likely a result of the various crashes over the years like Pawain mentioned.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the bottom of the 25 pages you see this:

upload_2017-11-11_12-41-52.png

Click find older messages and it keeps going. I got bored at the 5th set of 25.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the bottom of the 25 pages you see this:

View attachment 74029

Click find older messages and it keeps going. I got bored at the 5th set of 25.
thankyou, that was it. still would be nice to have an "older than" search. we have a "newer than". or even better, a specific time-frame. alot of clicking to get back to posts from around 7 years ago, but good to know it can be done.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's worse than people think. If there's 20 soulstone fragment tokens on VS and you list a full soulstone there is no way for people to see the full soulstone, it won't show up due to the huge price difference between them(a guess). The same happens with the Hephaestus shields when there is armor with the word in it, the shields being worth millions vs the armor being listed at under 1m seems to block the shields from appearing at all.

Mesanna needs to look into it.

I've seen the same happen with Tangle aprons. Because some are selling tangle colored cloth cheaply the aprons will occasionally not show up even if there's 20 of them listed. You'll get to the end of the pages and not see a single one, or get up into their price range.

I put a rune in called soulstone once and priced it between the fragment and the full soulstone price and they showed up. I took the rune down and the full soulstones vanished again.

Tip: If you want to see a specific item you might want to enter it's stats, not always it's name.
Uh, I think they're talking about Stratics, NOT the in game vendor search.