• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eodon Recipes

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly... The current method of dispensing the Eodon recipes is infuriatingly ridiculous. The RNG is streaky as all hell, luck doesn't seem to help AT ALL, and it should NOT take me a week at several hours a day to get a single recipe, if I'm so lucky.

This is far too much grinding to get recipes for armour that the devs neglected to make enhanceable when they added it and have since continued to ignore making it comparable to all the other armour types out there. They should either increase the frequency of the drops a bit... or offer another means in which to get them. Because at least on Catskills, you NEVER see the recipes for sale anywhere, and I have been at this off and on for the better part of a year and barely have a handful of recipes to show for it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You never see the recipes for sale anywhere because after we got what we needed, who wants to farm for days to get more? I have farmed for hours and only gotten one...and the real ass-chapper is when you keep going and the next one you get is...

THE SAME ONE YOU JUST GOT!!!

Happened way more than once too

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You never see the recipes for sale anywhere because after we got what we needed, who wants to farm for days to get more? I have farmed for hours and only gotten one...and the real ass-chapper is when you keep going and the next one you get is...

THE SAME ONE YOU JUST GOT!!!

Happened way more than once too
Exactly! The currently method is obnoxious and more a deterrent than anything. There is no reason for them to be so bloody rare or hard to get.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Recipe acquisition should be quest-based, not RNG or grind-based.

That goes for ALL RECIPES!

Recipes from BODs are fine, since we can choose what we want.

The ML recipes are not a good example of quest-based as its way, way to "random."

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still haven't found any for my crafter and I probably never will because I don't have any decent fighters.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I can say is quantity vs quality... Got most mine either doing the Turtle spawn or murdering millions of birds for Gold Foil...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The fel Turtle spawn should drop those too.
And yes, the drop rate is ridiculous.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard you play?
I play on Sonoma 99% of the time and then a tiny bit on other servers.

I'm such a hoarder that I started using my characters inventory and bank boxes on other servers to store my junk! Hehe

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...and there's where we lose "immersion."

An inscriber should be able to make a recipe scroll for any recipe that he or she knows.

@Kyronix please fix. While you're fixing that, please also: make the named armor suit pieces (e.g. Greymist, Assassin's) all drop at the same rate. I see no one wearing any of these suits because everyone is missing one or both of the rare pieces. We can't trade because we are all missing the same rare pieces.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plenty of things in this game that are easy to get. Some things are hard to get, and are therefore more valuable. You seem to be under the impression that you're somehow "entitled" to a reward for x amount of "work".

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plenty of things in this game that are easy to get. Some things are hard to get, and are therefore more valuable. You seem to be under the impression that you're somehow "entitled" to a reward for x amount of "work".
Speaking of someone who seems to be under the impression... Notice where the likes are in this thread? Your post seems to be light on them. XD

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a prerequisite to be liked, to be correct. If the devs made the game the way the Stratics Justice Warriors voted for, we'd have a vote on the winner of a mage duel and Malagaste would win the mage tournements.

The devs listen to the players more than they should, they improved the runebooks and because stratics justice warriors cried, they reverted the improvements?

Also, just because people don't like my comments, doesn't mean they disagree with me, there are many users who would never like one of my comments due to external factors.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not a prerequisite to be liked, to be correct. If the devs made the game the way the Stratics Justice Warriors voted for, we'd have a vote on the winner of a mage duel and Malagaste would win the mage tournements.

The devs listen to the players more than they should, they improved the runebooks and because stratics justice warriors cried, they reverted the improvements?

Also, just because people don't like my comments, doesn't mean they disagree with me, there are many users who would never like one of my comments due to external factors.
LOL Me Mage duel..... LOL...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

True, but you are under the impression that you are correct. What is correct is to make the game entertaining and enjoyable for the player base, an aging player base that can't grind like we could when we were all carefree college kids. It doesn't have to be easy, just less of a grind. In all the hunting I've done in Eodon, for quests, for new content that has been released, for dragon turtle eggs, I've gotten one recipe. The recipe drop rates should be adjusted.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I respectfully disagree. And my ongoing unpopularity amongst stratics users and the dev team has nothing to do with anything.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know people that had gotten a lot of the recipes. after they got what they needed/wanted, they don't do anymore. there are some people that will work for things and some that don't. they could turn drop rate up alittle but if they give out like candy, it becomes worthless like so many other things. just my opinions.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know people that had gotten a lot of the recipes. after they got what they needed/wanted, they don't do anymore. there are some people that will work for things and some that don't. they could turn drop rate up alittle but if they give out like candy, it becomes worthless like so many other things. just my opinions.
I'm not suggesting for them to be given out like candy, but I've spent, and this is just an estimation, probably about four months at 3-4 hours per day (And about 4-5 days each week) trying to get these recipes. I've been killing for quantity over quality, but I've still only gotten a handful of them.