• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fix the Halloween stuff?

Lavender

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone know when they are going to fix that Halloween stuff. They said most of it would be active until the 14th..... I can't find any updates that talk about it and even the Newsletter didn't address the fact that it's no longer working.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's working ...at least it is on Origin....was down in Sorc dungeon earlier today.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What's not working?

The items that were extended were (and stated as such in updates on the uo.com page)

1. The Skeletal Knights with bone containers in the Graveyards.
  2. The Sorceror's Dungeon/Terort Skitas event (was bugged on 1 November - fixed within a day)
  3. Trick or Treating, including getting items from the bags claimed as rewards from the event.

The items that were NOT extended, and NOT listed as being part of any extension

• The Butchers in the Graveyards.
  • The Pumpkins in the farms (though you can still get the pumpkins for carving via the Grimms that spawn during the fights with Jack the Pumpkin King in Terort Skitas.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone found a paragon chest from a Grim or Blood Fox?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think either of those mobs normally drop t-maps as loot, so...no?
I did not know that was what determined it. I can stop looking at all the paragons now. Thanks

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not know that was what determined it. I can stop looking at all the paragons now. Thanks
It used to...but this is UO where not every change is announced or documented. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I did get 2 metal colored chests, map in each one lev2 one lev 3 no high lev maps..droped only by paragons, rare and random loot..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did get 2 metal colored chests, map in each one lev2 one lev 3 no high lev maps..droped only by paragons, rare and random loot..
I've got chest from everything that can give them apparently in the dungeon. Except the Boss ones. Have 2 new sets of the named Balron chests. I was hoping for a Grimm and Blood Fox.

Also, I have not seen a paragon Boss since it was turned back on.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Before it was turned back on, we did full runs that were 5-6 paragon bosses. Even did 3 paragon nightmare fairies three days in a row. Since it's been turned back on, I've seen one reindeer paragon.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll never understand why content that is actually, you know, LIKED by the players ,would ever be turned off.
Myopic decision making.

Kotlan was turned off with the "promise" of something taking its place...which now appears to be the spawn of energy drakes o_O I get that energy drakes coming from a holodeck is sort of clever, but is also rather contrived. Eodon needs repeatable content that doesn't mean a 2 - 4 hour commitment.

I fully expect to only see the new jack-in-the-box mob at EM events after the 14th. Kind of a waste of artist time...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've gotten a map off a grimm, I believe. Just a very rare drop.

Hell, not seen a chest yet off a para boss, and only one t-map (ironically, from a para boss)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got chest from everything that can give them apparently in the dungeon. Except the Boss ones. Have 2 new sets of the named Balron chests. I was hoping for a Grimm and Blood Fox.

You should have come to Europa. It spawned a para Nightmare Faery From Hell the day it was fixed, at which point everyone buggered off and the wretched thing was there for days. A group of us got together last night and killed it*. Eventually.

*I owe my husband big time. I didn't think anyone disliked that critter more than me, but I think he does!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should have come to Europa. It spawned a para Nightmare Faery From Hell the day it was fixed, at which point everyone buggered off and the wretched thing was there for days. A group of us got together last night and killed it*. Eventually.

*I owe my husband big time. I didn't think anyone disliked that critter more than me, but I think he does!
You need a few tamers willing to stop killing the spawn and keep their pet on it. The home from work crowd will kill one on LS.

Tonight the shard is busy but only 3 players in the Dungeon right now. It is on Jacks room so he will be there a while.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a few tamers willing to stop killing the spawn and keep their pet on it. The home from work crowd will kill one on LS.

Tonight the shard is busy but only 3 players in the Dungeon right now. It is on Jacks room so he will be there a while.

Hubby took his tamer, I took my necro weaver. The kids, who only started playing Saturday, took their necro weavers & were on throwing blade spirits & healing. Quite a few other folks, mix of templates turned up too, and it worked really, really well. Trees on the pets to keep the spawn off, other folks keeping the spawn down, everyone watching everyone elses bars. S'good to fight like that :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll never understand why content that is actually, you know, LIKED by the players ,would ever be turned off.
alot of the reason people like it, is because its limited time. ive been having a blast collecting the enchanted origin items during this event. If this were permanant content, i wouldnt even bother to log on. Same with the global arc. it was great, but realistically most probably would have blown it off if they could tell themselves they didnt have time limitation.