• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minor Improvement to UO to assist new players

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO wiki states that
"In pvp playstyles consideration is also given to the ‘spell damage increase’ property found on some items and effective for magic users, though not for warrior’s casting skills. This bonus from items is capped against other players at 20% except for ‘pure’ templates;
ie those that focus in only one spell school. Focused players, having no more than 30.0 modified skill points in another main skill set will be able to benefit from a raised cap to 25%.
In addition to the skills mentioned above: Magery & Evaluate Intelligence, Necromancy & Spiritspeak, Mysticism & Focus or Imbuing, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Chivary and Spellweaving; Animal Taming, Parry and Musicianship also count when determining whether a template is focused or not."

This is a complex game mechanic and not clear in the game at all, please can you add a buff/debuff to the character ability index to display whether you have or have lost this spell damage bonus:
Untitled.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should make all the stats show when you hover on your character, like it does on TC.

Or make a new page for the EC to display everything stat related that is applied to your toon.

The numbers are somewhere in the code. Display them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They should make all the stats show when you hover on your character, like it does on TC.

Or make a new page for the EC to display everything stat related that is applied to your toon.

Would be nice.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still waiting for them to put a gump in game explaining the natural LMC bonusses of armor. You know, really important suit building piece of information that no one outside the hardcore patch reading players know.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I forget what its called, but the upper right button on EC paperdoll gives you information.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use the Title menue. I think there is a special title shown for focus mages.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I always wondered why the hell musicianship is included in the skills that reduce your SDI in PvP, music is of no use in PvP right?

Surely having music in a template is a hindrance enough without the SDI cap in PvP as its at least 100 wasted skill points.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this is part of my ongoing campaign to make the game less elitest and fair to new players.
I wrote a post on the issues with the status bars and how they need to be improved not long ago.
FC caps with magery, character sheet/status, and more

This was supposed to be my main campaign until devs like Kyronix unnecessarily keep throwing back simple bug fix requests as "features". I hope he moves onto some other job soon.

Last edited: