• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Shards have consistent EM Events?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, as many of you know, have been away from the game for about 5 years now. I started back on Atlantic. I have caught the last few events. Great stuff! That is one of the main reasons I like to play.

I am considering maybe movie to a less populated shard. I want to go somewhere that has regular EM Events. I thought I would build up a character or 2 on the shards with regular events and see what other EMs are doing. Where would a good place to start be. They don't have to ha e drops on every event but I do want drops too!

Any info would be great. Reply or PM me about your EM and how they do. Thanks!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hands down, Great Lakes.

They have the two best EM's that have worked together for years now.

Even Mesanna herself has said she wishes she could "clone" those two for all shards.

They have an event every Tuesday night, some Saturdays thrown in, some Fel events thrown in, The Royal Spy promotion program and the Royal Council.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lake Austin has been one of the most consistent small shards for events, since the EM program restarted. We've had a number of EMs over the years, but they've been uniformly good. So good, in fact, that we have massive lag issues during events from all the cross-sharders.

However, in recent months the EM had health issues in July/August. Topaz appears to be getting back on track though, as we've had two events in the last 2 weeks.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels has pretty regular events. Some pure RP events, some more of the "go there, fight stuff" variant.

November line-up (curiosly not in the events calendar posted above):
  • Sunday, 5st – Mini HoF RP Event: The new soup, Castle Blackthorn, Trammel
  • Sunday, 12th – Main HoF RP Event: Lady Bee’s Journal, Part IV, Castle Blackthorn, Trammel
  • Sunday, 19th – Main Event: Hello, We’en and Martini!, Counselor’s Hall, Trammel
  • Sunday, 26th – Royal Audience & Mini HoF Event: Game Night, Castle Blackthorn, Trammel & Luna Fairegrounds

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just be smart, make a character on every shard for the fun of it. I hit three shards last night with my friend TOTO, Lake Superior, Origin, Great Lakes, had fun on all three and got the drop on Lake Superior. TOTO got the drop on Origin.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, all you people getting drops, what kind of template should I start from scratch? Given, the drops are not the number one reason for going to EM Events. Just figure I don't want to miss out on that because I make a xxxx template and they don't get drops. So, without spending 250 mil developing a template, what is the easiest to start with?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, all you people getting drops, what kind of template should I start from scratch? Given, the drops are not the number one reason for going to EM Events. Just figure I don't want to miss out on that because I make a xxxx template and they don't get drops. So, without spending 250 mil developing a template, what is the easiest to start with?
Whammy thrower. Only 120 you actually need is for the weapon skill, and those are dirt cheap. Suits: you can do basic imbued. On Legends, my garg's suit uses Stam/Mana Inc 8, LMC/LRC 8/20, with some HP Increase on the armor. Universal pieces: Mace & Shield Glasses, and my jewelry is the red Luck set - you won't max out HCI with that + a level 3 Mastery though, so you'll need a Conj Trinket or non-Undead Cameo. Weapons: 100% Elemental Soul Glaives, you can get fully imbued ones on Atl for about 6 mil.

With double slayers (except for Fey, which are monsters EMs don't usually use afaik), you can skip Chiv entirely: Wraith Form can cast Recall without fail.

Tamer/Mage is also easy, although it won't get far if the EM decides to use a Slasher as the event's end boss.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am running mostly tamers with GDs, but I have gotten drops with my Atl archer, my Napa mage, it all depends on what the Boss is and where we are fighting it. If the drop does not grab me I sell it on that shard using the gold to shop for items, helps a lot. If I like the drop I take it home. My Friend TOTO is a collector and keeps every drop, whereas I only keep the ones that I like and look good in my homes on Sonoma. I do the same on Siege, I keep what I like selling the rest.

Here three I have at my wife's place.
Tad house drops.jpg

Last edited: