• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorcerers Dungeon turned off

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought we have extended time. @Kyronix @Bleak

I have Jacks room to myself and was running from a paragon and the rest of the dungeon popped up...

Jack still there.

Things are still spawning in groups. Scratch that. Just Lich types and blood eles. No more drops.:(

Turn it back on @Larisa :Begging:

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same on GL. But the drops appear to have stopped as well..

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not going to sugar coat this, it's a major :wall: :facepalm: when they can't get something as simple as an end date changed in the code.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are skeletons and pumpkins still on?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cemeteries are still generating named skeletons on GL.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just killed all the skeles at Cove. No new ones appeared. But maybe no one is dying since the dungeon is off.

Jacks bag still works

Trick or Treat still on.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After 20 YEARS ....Did you expect them to

PANCAKES NO! Please, what makes you think this Dev Team is special?

They ALL lie.

Once Again its Rares Community 1 - The REST of Us 0

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Da Skellys still going on Chessy but not da dungeon. Demz probably hab it set to go off and furgot aboot it. Meez tinkz wif all da angry emails demz wakez up tooz it will be back on soon.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it me are the only people that BENEFIT from these events are the Rare Sellers? I mean seriously, everyone had pancakes getting drops.

I promise you in 24 hours there will be no less than 10 turd blossoms selling the event items for no less than 1 Platinum a piece.

Oh, and GOD FORBID anyone do something totally selfless and get a set for someone that wants one but can't eat-sleep-breathe and POOP UO

for a solid month. I personally think that ALL Event Items should be available for sale in the store, after the event at least that way there is revenue coming in for UO.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
maybe they switched the wrong code off
trick or treating was supposed to stop, not sorcerers dungeon

you can still trick or treat and spawn skeletons on Sonoma

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
Terort Skitas has the regualar spawn turned back on.
But the 2nd level is insane now....
Not only is the regular spawn back on, but all the Halloween spawn as well.
While you are fighting in front, 8 things re-spawn behind you!
& drop rate seems reduced.
Is this intended @Kyronix @Bleak ?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the Publish 98.2 Coming Next Week post on uo.com from 10/13:

• Fix for Treasures of Halloween on those shards impacted by the spawning issue. All shards will have the Treasures of Halloween extended through November 14th, 2017.
  • Activation of the graveyard skeletons. Skeletons will be active through November 14th, 2017.
  • Extension of Trick or Treating through November 14th, 2017.
Emphasis mine.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post on UO.com by the team themselves:

"Greetings,

We would like to update you on our publish schedule for the remaining content in Publish 98. We are currently targeting next week to publish the following to all shards,

• Available today – the Undead Wedding tophat and veil bundle in the Ultima Store
    • These items can be equipped to turn your character a ghostly hue!
  • Fix for Treasures of Halloween on those shards impacted by the spawning issue. All shards will have the Treasures of Halloween extended through November 14th, 2017.
  • Activation of the graveyard skeletons. Skeletons will be active through November 14th, 2017.
  • Extension of Trick or Treating through November 14th, 2017.
  • 2017 Veteran Rewards.
Thank you for your patience while we addressed these issues, we will update as we progress towards world wide release.

Also, our next Dev Meet & Greet will be on Monday, October 16th, 2017 at 7pm ET on Catskills.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team"

Please don't make excuses for them. Honestly as someone getting her Bachelor's of Science in Business Information Technology I find their actions embarrassing

I am having to take this Ethics class for IT Majors, and from what I have been taught their ethics are questionable.

All they have to do is find the end date for the counter in the code. The worst coder on the planet could do it!

This really, Really, REALLY irks me.

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And 1 hour later ATl has not come back up =[ =[ =[ =[ Wonder how big of a revert today? been losing 15 to 30 minutes in reverts every morning.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it me are the only people that BENEFIT from these events are the Rare Sellers? I mean seriously, everyone had pancakes getting drops.
What events? I have over 300 points and have chosen all the physical items except ring and boots. I gave someone a set of the jacks bag goodies last night because they were sad the dungeon turned off.

Make some friends. Thats the best way to get what you dont have time for.

Now if you are talking about the pink spider, ignore this post.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Sonoma was turned off this morning as well, full-size normal spawning inside the dungeon, pumpkin patches are gone, there are named bones at the GYs but no Butchers so I am assuming that is off as well.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't be the only one surprised by this ? I know I keep saying this, but it keeps ringing true. Unless it's a M&G , this dev team does not look at this game from a player perspective.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't be the only one surprised by this ? I know I keep saying this, but it keeps ringing true. Unless it's a M&G , this dev team does not look at this game from a player perspective.
Nothing surprises me anymore. Glad we got what we wanted and a few extra. Didn't plan on that extra two weeks anyway to be honest.
But how hard could it have been to change a date in a line of code?

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I am having to take this Ethics class for IT Majors, and from what I have been taught their ethics are questionable."

Very very VERY "mildly" put. My IT ethics class would have called their tactics "horrible". Using the "spaghetti code" excuse is as lame as can be, as well. Once you are hired as the subject matter (code) expert, its your JOB to get to KNOW the code, inside and out, upside and down. Even the high school level IT classes teach one to do the work before posting about the results. Posting about the extension without actually coding the extension......amateurish wannabe's......at best.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After many years of Halloween in UO I made sure I started the content as soon as I could, ended up only playing maybe 1.5 hours a night. I now have more Halloween stuff than I have ever gotten in previous Halloween events. I actually stopped doing the content two weeks back I have so much of it.

It just amazes me when content is turned off early or not, how soooo many long time players are (surprised) If you do not know, this happens every year for any content drop.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took a gander in the Sorcerer's Dungeon on Arirang, since it was one of the shards that had a big delay in even getting the content there. What I found is that the normal dungeon spawn is occurring and there is still a nightmare fairy in her normal room. Researcher NPC is still outside.

arirang nightmare fairy nov 1.JPG arirang nov 1.JPG arirang 2.JPG arirang 3.JPG arirang 4.JPG

Balhae is similar, except that I couldn't find any of the bosses from the Halloween content. Ran the whole dungeon and none of them were to be found. Researcher NPC is still outside, though.
balhae 1.JPG

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they do like the did for doom and kotl, the researcher will stay there for turnins until next halloween event.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Europa, Jack is in his room & the usual dungeon spawn seems to have joined him for a meal. Main course being 'player surprise' ...

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is no longer a Bug-Fest - this is meanwhile a really fat Worm-Hole! :wall::bdh::facepalm:
And I'm sure that Endless Journey will become a black hole ;)

Same on Drachenfels again - normal spawn is back, no longer bosses, NPC is outside.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Mistakes happen. I think BS will make it right. Might not be normal till tomorrow though. Just my guess

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What events? I have over 300 points and have chosen all the physical items except ring and boots. I gave someone a set of the jacks bag goodies last night because they were sad the dungeon turned off.

Make some friends. Thats the best way to get what you dont have time for.

Now if you are talking about the pink spider, ignore this post.
i think he means the actual "of enchanted origin drops". as a collector, i didnt bother with the turn rewards. the individual items will be alot harder to find, and personally i think they are alot nicer. good name and 2 tone color.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Special Announcement
Posted on November 1, 2017 by Mesanna

Greetings All,

Starting with European shards on 11/1/2017 the issue with the drops in the Sorcerer’s Dungeon will be resolved with this evening’s maintenance. All other shards will receive the fix during regularly scheduled maintenance period.

We are disabling MyUO for Atlantic until we resolve the issues causing the server crash.

Thank you,

UO Team

Ultima Online

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took a gander in the Sorcerer's Dungeon on Arirang, since it was one of the shards that had a big delay in even getting the content there. What I found is that the normal dungeon spawn is occurring and there is still a nightmare fairy in her normal room. Researcher NPC is still outside.

View attachment 73734 View attachment 73735 View attachment 73736 View attachment 73737 View attachment 73738

Balhae is similar, except that I couldn't find any of the bosses from the Halloween content. Ran the whole dungeon and none of them were to be found. Researcher NPC is still outside, though.
View attachment 73739
Jack was out and I was the only one there on LS. One more batch of group spawn happened and then normal spawn. Jack was still protecting his space.

So if the boss was not out, you wont find it on a shard.

Lets see what happens when they turn it back on. Will it reset everything and start fresh or will there be an issue with that extra boss.

Glad we have more time!!! Maybe the Artisan Festival will start right after that.