• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some things I'd love to see in this game when I get back...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... yea, I'm leaving again, but love the game and enjoy you all so much.

Here's a list of some things I'd love to see when I get back...

CRAFTING
1) A balanced crafting system balanced against loot drops and event items. The same effort put into monster hunting should be balanced against the same effort with the crafting system. No more pay to win in the crafting system.

2) Less monster fighting ingredients and more BOD reward ingredients. The new system has potential to allow a pure crafter account that doesn't need to go fight bosses.

3) More graphics that aren't event related for furniture. With as old as this game is and as many things I see it's a shame there isn't more craftable furniture with the pretty work of this artist I'm seeing lately.

4) The High Seas content crafting has to be toned down. It was a great idea, but shouldn't be more than 2 steps long. It's a great concept that you made, but it's not fun gameplay.

5) More in game content that explains in game properties and scenarios without the use of 3rd party websites. It can be tied into crafting quests and gameplay with story.

MONSTER HUNTING
1) Melee templates that aren't sampires should be able to live as long (If not longer) than any taming meat shield. Taming is wonderful and great, but melee PVM is so horrid. You almost have to play only a few templates.

2) New Haven island needs the same thing as 5 in Crafting. It should be explained that physical resistance on armor and getting it to 70 will greatly assist with the rest of the island. Have an NPC give players tips. Maybe using the bodyguard system have an NPC follow a new player around giving hints and maybe that bodyguard has keywords that will give new players items that a lot of vets feel new players should have.

This will introduce them to gear properties and how keywords work in the game for events and it could help with the flow of New Haven island more than just the skill quests.

3) Some skills need to be reworked or removed. I love RP as much as the next person, but why can't forensic eval be like tracking? Why is anatomy still used? Why can't healing just be healing and anatomy damage increase just be removed? It seems redundant and just to fill points to reach cap and balance the game. Melee templates already are badly balanced. If sampires are the only argument just remove sampire viability. If one to three templates are so powerful everyone has to play those templates, it's not fun. This game has skills for a reason.

4) The stat cap should be reachable by new players. +5 was fine for content related things, but +35 is a bit extreme. It's not new player friendly when they try to find a strat and everyone is balanced on a stat line they can't reach without paying real money for it or begging for it. Think about it from the perspective of a new person coming to the game with no friends and only a guild they just joined. Most guilds are quiet these days with only a couple people helping and then only when they are on.

PVP
I have no input on PVP. But feel that the PS system was the worst mistake for UO. Not just because it's mostly Fel, but because the 700 (720 now) skill point cap was balanced for the game and getting to GM was slow enough already.

GENERAL
1) Meeting points/or some matching system for content. A stone or something that is obvious that players can stand at to meet others and do content. This sounds ridiculous with a marking system, but if I want to do a spawn and I don't know anyone on at the time I can just go to a meeting point where someone with a like goal can also be at. Or I can camp my character there and multi-task until I see someone there wanting to do content.

A lot of people ignore or leave the chat or just simply can't follow it.

2) Our avatars are so powerful at this point that all old content becomes easy. Reduce all the HP and resists... Just make that content laughable. Go forward and balance the game to be fun gameplay with new content. Wipe the slate clean is what I'm saying. Many will hate this, but UO needs a warcraft moment where the old content becomes there for graphic and story, but is essentially irrelevant for gameplay.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow & you have made 11,000+ posts & you are this dismissive to someone who expresses their feelings about this game?
Just Wow....
Where did you see anything dismissive about it? I like Lore and was just saying I am sad to see him go.

You completely misinterpreted my post.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow & you have made 11,000+ posts & you are this dismissive to someone who expresses their feelings about this game?
Just Wow....
I think you might need to re-read the Cap'ns response, what part was dismissive ? The "sorry to see you go" part ? No ? The sad emojii ? No ?...the hopes that the OP will "continue to visit Stratics" ? Gosh how dare he be so dismissive.....smh

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where did you see anything dismissive about it? I like Lore and was just saying I am sad to see him go.

You completely misinterpreted my post.
Shhh I think he thinks you're a UO Developer, he must not know the truth :eyes:

Sorry to see you go @Lore :(, some good points up there and hope some of it gets changed in the future :thumbup:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
S'all good homies. I was just verbal diarheaing and putting my voice out there. Keeping my stuff tho because I'll definitely be back as usual. Devs, Game, and Community are all great in my book even if I complain a bit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The CRAFTING ideas are solid. I would be fine with any of them.