• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Died....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry.. my fault. I was actually running the Halloween content instead of crafting lock boxes for the event I am hosting next month... guess the servers didn't like that :confused:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's strange that Atlantic has been dying so often for the last few weeks for no apparent reason. There were barely any crashes for most of the year, and now suddenly it's a weekly thing.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sort of makes you wonder if Atlantic has now become corrupt.
Cascade failure of the server until it finally goes "poof" and is not recoverable. *crosses fingers hoping* :D:devil:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sort of makes you wonder if Atlantic has now become corrupt.
Cascade failure of the server until it finally goes "poof" and is not recoverable. *crosses fingers hoping* :D:devil:
Though I personally would never go to live on Atlantic, I wouldn't want to see that. It would almost certainly be the deathblow to UO.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One day... that cloud we all have tons of things stuck in, including this game.... it will have a major failure..
This is not a wish but facts with the electronics.
For years the industry has been using a full tin soldering for 99% of the boards made.
Tin makes crystalline structures over time, meaning it still is growing like aluminum.
This growth will in time touch other pins and structures on the boards.....
I am not a medium but ..
I fore see in your future ... major failure in yours, mine ,and our network....
As for UO... yea software can fail.
One day the argument between the old code and the new will come to the point where one will kill the other.
Its not because they want it, UO has been running on the two meshing.
But each change to old items and old code... makes it weaker.
Merlin and Captn N are right its been going on from the start of the new invasion more actively and its not just Atlantic,
I have had it happen on Napa, Catskill, Hokuto, Europa... and Origin.
Last night it was super bad on Catskills...
11 pm I got stuck in some bad spots and I got worried enough to log for the night.
I do know the Dev know what is the trouble... and are fixing it...
I do hope they get it done and nothing happens that will make us yell.
Fingers crossed....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It appears most of Luna died too... this is Atlantic. Free in town Luna houses for everyone? ;)

The bugs on Atlantic are getting really weird.

View attachment 73483
lol

Figures.. I can't get in game the last couple days (comp issues) and Luna houses available to all... mind placing me an 18x18 on the East side for when I can get back on? :)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it's all those shatter potions destroying everything on Atlantic!
or maybe from all the hot air generated from the pvp peeps complaining!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why shouldn't this shard not to be finally punished ? :devil:

(Sorry - could not deny this myself :p)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK Dupers I know all the items are on ATL but go dupe them on an empty shard. Im trying to build my house and I get nowhere with all the reverts LOL.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wtf is wrong with atlantic, why is that **** down all the time
It's a new security program they added.
Everytime somebody dupes or uses an known exploit, the effected shard goes down.

Hence why Atlantic is down more than it's up these days. :p;)

nb, interesting to see that it's not other shards on that "cluster" that are down also, indicating it actually is something somebody on Atlantic is doing to cause the shard to crash.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a new security program they added.
Everytime somebody dupes or uses an known exploit, the effected shard goes down.

Hence why Atlantic is down more than it's up these days. :p;)

nb, interesting to see that it's not other shards on that "cluster" that are down also, indicating it actually is something somebody on Atlantic is doing to cause the shard to crash.
its annoying as ****, i just lost half hour of sorting chests...