• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Question about Halloween

zebesquefe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello!

Does anyone know if only GM begging can gain the flaming scarecrow in Trick or Treat?

Thank you!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello!

Does anyone know if only GM begging can gain the flaming scarecrow in Trick or Treat?

Thank you!
I seem to remember around 70-75 begging skill you could get the more rare items, it's just a very low chance at getting them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually, the newest items still require 100 Begging, and it's only the older "special" items that can happen at sub-GM skill levels.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So let's go gm begging. It is not an easy task... :-(

Thank you!
No it's not... Begging ranks right up there with Poisoning and such for how tedious it can be...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was able to get to about 90 begging in about 1-2 days by finding a place with 6 beggable NPCs close enough together and relatively immobile to where I could stand there and beg from them all. I then made a UOAssist Macro to where I'd beg each with a 10 second gap between attempt, an equal number of attempts per NPC up to the maximum actions of a UOA macro, ended with a text statement to let me done it was through running, and that 10 seconds had passed. Then, I'd trigger it again.

The reason for the 6x10 seconds x(however many circuits) is that the NPCs take 1 minute to reset to be re-begged, and having 6 NPCs ensures that time passes.

It took me over a week, with alacrity scrolls, to get to GM - ten minutes after Trick or Treat ended (because the person that programmed it back then had ToT end at Midnight GMT on the US shards).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many people find working up begging in Heartwood great... I find it adds too much crap to my pack... and I prefer to "run the circle" in Luna... begging all the NPC's there... and non-NPC's... You'd be surprised how many folk give money to beggars... and how many try to shoo you away... or tell you to go kill things for gold... hehe.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got gm begging on siege perilous shard in 2 days. It took about 14 hours in total. Alacrity scrolls, sots ftw.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got gm begging on siege perilous shard in 2 days. It took about 14 hours in total. Alacrity scrolls, sots ftw.
Siege is actually easier to GM things on... you know you'll get a gain everytime... where as on other shards could take HOURS of tedium to get a gain... For horribly slow things to gain like Begging... it's awesome.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Siege is actually easier to GM things on... you know you'll get a gain everytime... where as on other shards could take HOURS of tedium to get a gain... For horribly slow things to gain like Begging... it's awesome.
That's UO. Useless skill like begging takes weeks but you can GM resist in a couple hours lol