• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Wedding Chest.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I was on about the Secret chest, I thought i'd give you the FYI about the Wedding Chest too.
While it looks awesome and some of you will be thinking to buy one just for the looks....DONT!

The actual area you can use inside the chest is just 1 line in the middle of about half the width of the chest.....pretty pathetic even for UO container standards.

The actual hat and veil may be ok if we ever get that "costume slot" but until then they are not worth the sovereigns as you lose your head armour slot to use them and all they do in CC is turn your skin white...just use a savage skin paint, does the same thing and you can still keep your armour up.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I personally LOVE the way the Veil looks.

Mesanna said they had a hard time doing one for the Wedding Gown but I think whoever did these (Onifrk or Levitica) did an AMAZING job.

Veil.jpg WhiteSkin.jpg TopHat.jpg

The chest acts just like the base for the Obelisk, the right side doesn't work, but I really don't care lol.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the items look awesome, nobody is doubting that. It's just unfortunate you cannot use them outside of RP purposes.
Cannot enhance or imbue so they are just deco.
It's not just the right hand side of the chest though, its also the top and bottom of the left hand side. Try adding more stuff to it....it soon becomes shall we say, awkward....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just pondering... are there a lot of weddings going on I'm not invited too? That would be understandable lol I simply can't remember hearing about one in ages. How about maybe a pirate theme. A belt with a flintlock pistol and sword graphic on it? A nice pirate hat with a skull and crossbones on it?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just pondering... are there a lot of weddings going on I'm not invited too? That would be understandable lol I simply can't remember hearing about one in ages. How about maybe a pirate theme. A belt with a flintlock pistol and sword graphic on it? A nice pirate hat with a skull and crossbones on it?
I would like pirate themed stuff.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't they just make these hats imbuable?
Hats are but they don't count when crafting with cloth they should be able IMO to be "Enhanced" with Leather... and I'm still angry that "masks" the Bear Mask and Deer Mask aren't craftable with LEATHER which IMO would make too much sense... they ought to count like a leather cap... NOT be made of cloth that's just stupid... And the other masks ought to be made by a carpenter... IMO...

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I personally thing the veil is beautiful. they did a great graphic job on it. what would be really cool to do is this.... make them a deed like the bless deed. so you take it and target a helm or a head piece and it just gives that piece the illusion of the veil or tophat. you know kinda the way a personal bless deed worked. so you could unlink it and put it on something else. being able to keep the stats on your head armor with the illusion of the tophat or veil would be awesome sauce. yeah I just said awesome sauce. anyways. if it could be done i'd pay a lot more than the amount they ask for it now. I know the Veil looks so nice on my in game wife.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I married Brig Din Em on Sonoma on February 16, 2015
not sure when the last wedding before that was, but ours was very special...
we met in game 10 yrs ago but were friends for years before becoming a couple
When we got married in real life I told him that the only thing that could be better was get married where we first met...
a few months later he made it happen...
we actually heard of at least 6 other couples finding love in UO

I have always wondered why you fish up an antique wedding dress
now you can purchase the wedding package and have modern clothes
jokingly told Brig our alts should marry now lol
also wish I had thought to put our song on our rings *sighs*
("All of Me, Loves All of You")