• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh! Oh! I got a vendor idea!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay you make them like repair deeds or whatever. They are like say 75%, 50%, and 25% (or whatever) off vendor price. Whoever makes them it would work on that person's vendor(s). And they need to be blessed :p So say if someone gives me a res in the dungeon, I could say thanks and hand them a coupon good at Lucky's vendors for 25% off any item. Put a rune and a 5% discount coupon in a sack and sell them on your vendor for a few gold and entice people to return. I've got something here.... I know it :p

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like this idea, although it seems really hard to add that to the game. If it links to the actual vendor, what happens when the vendor falls? I've seen rented vendors at my house fall for absolutely no reason many times. The vendor had hundreds of millions on it so didn't run out of gold, the rent is free so that can't be it, and neither of us canceled the contract... yet somehow it fell anyway. Would all the vendor coupons just be useless because the vendor fell accidentally once?

If it's linked to the character, what happens when the character gets deleted or transferred off the shard?

If it's linked to the account, what about when the account is given away or sold, how would they prevent the old account owner from giving himself lots of 100% off coupons, then going and taking everything off the new owners vendor for free months later?

It just seems like there are so many issues that could come up trying to implement this, compared to just adding the person on ICQ and getting them to lower the price for you in person.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I like this idea, although it seems really hard to add that to the game. If it links to the actual vendor, what happens when the vendor falls? I've seen rented vendors at my house fall for absolutely no reason many times. The vendor had hundreds of millions on it so didn't run out of gold, the rent is free so that can't be it, and neither of us canceled the contract... yet somehow it fell anyway. Would all the vendor coupons just be useless because the vendor fell accidentally once?

If it's linked to the character, what happens when the account gets deleted?

If it's linked to the account, what about when the account is given away or sold, how would they prevent the old account owner from giving himself lots of 100% off coupons, then going and taking everything off the new owners vendor for free months later?

It just seems like there are so many issues that could come up trying to implement this, compared to just adding the person on ICQ and getting them to lower the price for you in person.
I don't think it would be a big deal. The vendor dies, person drops their account or whatever the coupon goes dead. No biggie. It happens. It's not like one would be trying to sell them for a lot of gold or what's the point of the discount? At some point I might want to kill the vendor to clear out old coupons floating around. That's not a bug, it's a feature! :) Plus the coupon could maybe go dead in 90 days or something anyway.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it would be a big deal. The vendor dies, person drops their account or whatever the coupon goes dead. No biggie. It happens. It's not like one would be trying to sell them for a lot of gold or what's the point of the discount? At some point I might want to kill the vendor to clear out old coupons floating around. That's not a bug, it's a feature! :) Plus the coupon could maybe go dead in 90 days or something anyway.
The coupons have a 2 week lifetime to avoid all those things. Sounds great to me.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Next up is credit cards!
The 12:1 time differential compounding interest would be a killer.
I don't want to get a call from the devs while I'm trying to eat dinner, thanks. :twak:

"You know, we'd really like it if you'd send in a payment for your Britannian Express card. It'd be a shame if Mesanna had to rez kill you..."