• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing question

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arms lore helps if you plan to imbue Armor (+5 total resist on Production shards, I believe it's +10 total resist on Siege/Mugen), It doesn't really do anything for weapons (+5% DI at 100.0), as people normally whetstone off DI or just imbue it down to add more important mods, getting DI elsewhere on the suit.

Item ID is a 100% useless skill all around anymore.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one scenario you need arms lore. If you make GM armor ypurself, and then imbue it, you should have arms lore as this skill has bonus for resist. But this is not a must.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Okay, great. Thanks! My gargoyle won't be making my armor, my crafter does that, but my gargi will be imbuing it, so I'll leave arms lore on. So many new things to learn!

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Another question. I'm planning on training Imbuing on one of my human chars until she GM's then soulstoning it over to my gargoyle character. Should I wait until my gargi has it at GM to use a 120 Imbuing powerscroll, or should I train it to 120 on my human then transfer to the gargi? Will powerscrolled skills transfer?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you only have one 120 Powerscroll, then I would use it on the gargoyle.

If you train it to 120 on char A and then transfer it to char B who dit not use a powerscroll, everything over 100 will be lost!

Calla Lily

Journeyman

If you train it to 120 on char A and then transfer it to char B who dit not use a powerscroll, everything over 100 will be lost!
Thanks, that’s exactly what I needed to know

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arms lore helps if you plan to imbue Armor (+5 total resist on Production shards, I believe it's +10 total resist on Siege/Mugen), It doesn't really do anything for weapons (+5% DI at 100.0), as people normally whetstone off DI or just imbue it down to add more important mods, getting DI elsewhere on the suit.

Wow, learn something every day! I'm a little confused by how this works, tho. Are you saying that my caps are increased by +5 or is it an imbuing weight bonus? I make my GM armor on a crafter who has arms lore so if I add arms lore to my imbuer, will this bonus stack with my crafter's arms lore bonus? My problem will be how to fit it on my imbuer now.. lol

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, learn something every day! I'm a little confused by how this works, tho. Are you saying that my caps are increased by +5 or is it an imbuing weight bonus? I make my GM armor on a crafter who has arms lore so if I add arms lore to my imbuer, will this bonus stack with my crafter's arms lore bonus? My problem will be how to fit it on my imbuer now.. lol
This +5 Arms Lore resist dosnt count on imbuing weight like Exceptional resist bonus.
If yo paln to imbue some certain resist, then get crafted armor with minimum possible in that resist /or close to minimum.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This isn't true. You can't transfer 120 to a character with only 100, it won't let you .

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Your statement could be easily misconstrued.

To be clear to the OP, arms lore does nothing for imbuing. If your crafter is a different toon, they need arms lore, not the imbuer.

Arms lore doesn't add the above mentioned resists and damage increase when imbuing. It adds when crafting.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I am going to make an imbued suit, I find a helm that I am really going to like for that template and craft a ton of pieces and fit them together until the resists need very little imbuing to get 70/75/85 resist*. That way I am imbuing the more important things.

*70 all for dexxer or non protection mage
85 phy for protection mage
75 energy for elf

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Your statement could be easily misconstrued.

To be clear to the OP, arms lore does nothing for imbuing. If your crafter is a different toon, they need arms lore, not the imbuer.

Arms lore doesn't add the above mentioned resists and damage increase when imbuing. It adds when crafting.

Cheers

Oh I see. My crafter does have arms lore, so my imbuer won’t need it?

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh I see. My crafter does have arms lore, so my imbuer won’t need it?
That is correct, in your case your imbuer won't need it. Your crafter DOES need it.

The only thing that helps imbuing is using the gargoyle Queen's royal soul forge in her palace in ter Mur, and also being a gargoyle yourself adds a bit. The forge adds a small bonus to your percent success chance. To use it, you need to become a friend of the Queen by having 10k loyalty points (just kill the black demons all around ter Mur to gain loyalty points).

Good luck to you

Calla Lily

Journeyman
That is correct, in your case your imbuer won't need it. Your crafter DOES need it.

The only thing that helps imbuing is using the gargoyle Queen's royal soul forge in her palace in ter Mur, and also being a gargoyle yourself adds a bit. The forge adds a small bonus to your percent success chance. To use it, you need to become a friend of the Queen by having 10k loyalty points (just kill the black demons all around ter Mur to gain loyalty points).

Good luck to you

Good to know, thank you.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The good news is a 120 imbue is easy to get even on Siege - just do the 115 quest ten times.