• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need help on Fire beetle moves

Soulstomp

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi I tamed a Fire beetle , and I am at lvl 2 now , can anyone give me some advice about wich moves/specials I should give the firebeetle and in wich order , tyvm for your info

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Start from the bottom up. If you want an area, add it first. Then AI if you want it. Rune Corruption next. There's no reason not to put Rune Corruption on. Last you can choose poison if you desire.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just remember Rune corruption is still bugged all.. so if you add it first or 2nd you will hit by the sealing bug and lose all other options... always add this one 3rd =^-^=

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have been gone for a few months and trying to get my pets up to par,

Am curious why fire and blue beetles aren't used more? Being able to train from 1 > 5 seems quite appealing to me, but cu's are still top tier for pets for roof?

For Fire Beetle, I'm in the processing for training to five still, what abilities should I look into? Mostly will be used for Peerless/Roof in a group with 1-2 others (Mom and irl friend hehe)

Special Abilities - Rune Corruption
Special Moves - Armor Ignore
Area Affect Abilities - Explosive Goo

Rest in resists/stats seem best build for fire beetles? Or are there better options?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Prime, I think one of the reason you see more cu in roof is because they eat fruit and there is a trick when doing the orchard where you can feed the apples to the cu without spawning adds while working it. Other then that its just what people feel they want to bring, I enjoy using my beetle for roof it debuffs the bosses and moves it along nicely for the group, but its fun to mix it up and rotate pet use too..There are a few other builds for the beetles too I have a friend that uses a AI,frez whil,RC,poison bug... its a lot of fun to see.. its nice ot see players mixing things up abit.. as Khaelor says " There is no one pet for everything, and its fun to experiment." =^-^=

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cus on roof are used because of their 50%/50% damage split -

But, if Anon regenerates from the damage consistent with his form, it's really almost as bad a choice as a 100% physical pet, if everyone's using one.

The better strategy for multiple people doing roof together would be for each tamer to bring a pet with a different elemental damage (so a cu, a fire beetle and a giant beetle make a really good combo, as two of the three pets will be able to attack at any given time, all three when he's human - and if you don't mind the regen as some claim they don't, the cu could possibly stay on when its damage prompts the change)

The fire Beetle's big advantages are AoE (which isn't needed on the roof itself) and 100% fire damage, while being rideable.
The giant beetle is rideable AND retains its pack, so that you can haul out 240k from the Roof (plus what fits in your own pack).

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cus on roof are used because of their 50%/50% damage split -

But, if Anon regenerates from the damage consistent with his form, it's really almost as bad a choice as a 100% physical pet, if everyone's using one.

The better strategy for multiple people doing roof together would be for each tamer to bring a pet with a different elemental damage (so a cu, a fire beetle and a giant beetle make a really good combo, as two of the three pets will be able to attack at any given time, all three when he's human - and if you don't mind the regen as some claim they don't, the cu could possibly stay on when its damage prompts the change)

The fire Beetle's big advantages are AoE (which isn't needed on the roof itself) and 100% fire damage, while being rideable.
The giant beetle is rideable AND retains its pack, so that you can haul out 240k from the Roof (plus what fits in your own pack).
IMO, split damage is a detriment on the roof. You cant fight a cold ele and energy ele if you are doing the roof. For a fire beetle, the only off hands form is the fire ele.

Fire beelte's advantage for the roof is rune corruption. Fire damage is not much better than any other resist apart from physical on the roof. And a fire beetle does not need AoE. In fact I have one with just AI and RC that I use on the roof frequently.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have been gone for a few months and trying to get my pets up to par,
Am curious why fire and blue beetles aren't used more?
I think number one reason is that people don't know any better. I see a lot of people still running with GDs. And the ones that don't - 4 out of 5 pets I see people using are not just sub-optimally configured, they are mangled to a point were the pet is producing less than 50% of possible dps. But those pets still work and their owners are happy, so no big deal.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO, split damage is a detriment on the roof. You cant fight a cold ele and energy ele if you are doing the roof. For a fire beetle, the only off hands form is the fire ele.

Fire beelte's advantage for the roof is rune corruption. Fire damage is not much better than any other resist apart from physical on the roof. And a fire beetle does not need AoE. In fact I have one with just AI and RC that I use on the roof frequently.
Pretty much what I said - but I've ran into people here that somehow think that split damage is good - much like how people tried to insist 14 years ago that a 20%/20%/20%/20%/20% weapon was somehow better, when actually you were guaranteeing to do 20% of the damage vs. the target's best resist.

Rune Corruption can be on the Giant Beetle as well (which has the benefit of being able to haul out a quarter million gold a trip). But, if you actually have each person choose to have a different (preferably 100%) damage type for their pet on roof, you minimize the number of people sitting on their pet when Anon's shapechanged.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When I tried two cu sidhes at the roof, Anon considered their damage to be 100% cold.
For there, I much prefer a cold chiv drake with AI and a chiv energy drake with AI. They maul through Anon without a hitch. And Virtuebane is usually weak to cold.
A fire beetle with rune corruption paired with a cu or a 100% cold/energy drake will work great there too. Chiv really adds to the DPS for the pets there as well, but the fire beetle can't learn it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When I tried two cu sidhes at the roof, Anon considered their damage to be 100% cold.
For there, I much prefer a cold chiv drake with AI and a chiv energy drake with AI. They maul through Anon without a hitch. And Virtuebane is usually weak to cold.
Love the chiv elemental drakes there.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pretty much what I said - but I've ran into people here that somehow think that split damage is good - much like how people tried to insist 14 years ago that a 20%/20%/20%/20%/20% weapon was somehow better, when actually you were guaranteeing to do 20% of the damage vs. the target's best resist.
I think you are referring to me and misunderstanding what I was saying. By split damage I meant animals having different damage types. However, I also mentioned we have a chiv nightmare we use, and she is not a problem. Why? Armor ignore and chiv/cons. weap.

I also mentioned split damage type pets were not a problem because our pets dps is so high, we blow through any healing anon may do if and when we don't pull them off. Long as you have nicely specd pets of complimenting damage profiles, anon is a nonissue these days.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A fire beetle with rune corruption paired with a cu or a 100% cold/energy drake will work great there too. Chiv really adds to the DPS for the pets there as well, but the fire beetle can't learn it.
I vaguely recall hearing that Anon does not turn into energy ele at all. If that is the case, something like a chiv Cu would work pretty well.
When working in pairs I had a good success with using a fire beetle and a frost beetle (both with RC and AI). Between the two of them RC is up most of the time, and you have anon taking damage from one beetle or another regardless what shape he is in.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vaguely recall hearing that Anon does not turn into energy ele at all. If that is the case, something like a chiv Cu would work pretty well.
When working in pairs I had a good success with using a fire beetle and a frost beetle (both with RC and AI). Between the two of them RC is up most of the time, and you have anon taking damage from one beetle or another regardless what shape he is in.
He does turn into energy eles. Even saw him turn into a purple llama once.

Got ninja'd when I went let the dog out...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I never saw him turn into energy elemental when I took two chiv cus there. He would turn into a snow elemental and would regen lots of HP from both my chiv cu's attacks, so I had to tell them to stop when he turned into elemental form on that run.
Never bothered using them again after that.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good evening Prime, I think one of the reason you see more cu in roof is because they eat fruit and there is a trick when doing the orchard where you can feed the apples to the cu without spawning adds while working it. Other then that its just what people feel they want to bring, I enjoy using my beetle for roof it debuffs the bosses and moves it along nicely for the group, but its fun to mix it up and rotate pet use too..There are a few other builds for the beetles too I have a friend that uses a AI,frez whil,RC,poison bug... its a lot of fun to see.. its nice ot see players mixing things up abit.. as Khaelor says " There is no one pet for everything, and its fun to experiment." =^-^=
Did they fix poisoning on pets yet? Or was I just misinformed?

Was under the impression poisoning on pets even at GM were still only doing lesser poison?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, its still only lesser. but ya never know what the future holds and on lesser non boss lvl monsters its free damage =^-^=

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? On my naja with 90 poisoning I see the lvl 4 wracked with extreme pain when he poisons through an attack or poison breath

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've seen higher than level 1 poison with my beetle as well.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Really? On my naja with 90 poisoning I see the lvl 4 wracked with extreme pain when he poisons through an attack or poison breath
I believe that creatures with "natural poisoning ability" will maintain LP, as direct poisoning and with ven bite/ven. breath.